Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on May 6, 2012
I bought these batteries for the NEEWER 160 LED CN-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Digital Video Light and they work great. I get about an hours worth of light on the highest setting. Great buy!
on May 28, 2012
I had originally bought these batteries to go into Neewer LED Light and they work fine. They charge up fine, hold the charge well, and don't overheat during usage. The charger here is of suspect quality. It works fine, but just feels awfully cheap. Plug a battery into it and a red light comes on. When charging is done, the battery turns green. The charger monitors the charge on the battery and will stop charging when an appropriate charge has been reached. So far, so good!

One real treat though is the ability to use these batteries in my Sony HVL-20DW2 video light. Genuine Sony battery have a chip inside them (branded "info lithium") which communicates with attached devices. These generic batteries here do NOT have this. Why is this good? Well it means you can use these cheaper batteries to fully power the HVL-20DW2. I can confirm BOTH lights will come on with these batteries, where as with genuine NP-F550 batteries only ONE light will come on.

So in short, you save money and get increased functionality. Despite the curiously low price on these, quality seems fine and performance so far is good. Recommended.
on January 8, 2016
Works well with my Aputure monitor, it could fit tighter, but I think its the tab on the monitor and has nothing to do with the battery. Holds a great charge, I used the battery in a 3 hour shoot and did not have to change it out. This is great for me as so far my shoots never go too far over 3 hrs.
on March 11, 2014
Second seller, second perceivably different product being sold. Both sold the same "HAYLCYON" Carger which works. However the batteries:

HALCYON NP-FM500h do NOT have the same physical size or layout as a NP-F of any kind. They have 3 contacts( vs 2 on the NP-F ) and a much shorter body which will not fit into hardware designed for the NP-F type battery which is LONGER.

The first order I was able to print out a return slip for, THIS one is telling me to contact amazon about the return due to what I assume is the 'hazardous' lithium.

Be careful about buying this.
on July 14, 2015
Works. Batteries only hold a charge for a couple of days before they die, so make sure you charge up right before you use them. If you charged these batteries today, don't expect them to still be charged when you have to film next week. If you go in knowing that, they're fine and a decent deal.
on March 19, 2012
The camera I purchased over 10 years ago no longer had power. The price of a battery was over $30 and it only promised 4 hours of use. When I found this battery PLUS CHARGER at Amazon.com for less than $30 I had doubts about its ability to perform. We have been very pleased with how it works and enjoy using that camera again.
on October 24, 2012
I ordered these for my video light. The two batteries are fine, charged up nicely but I have not have time to check out how long they will last per charge. I presumed it will take a few charges to break them in. The charger is cheaply made. After I received it, I knew why it was so cheap. The charger itself is one unit with a set of generic contacts. An insert (adapter) is provided for the type of battery you ordered. Since I ordered with Sony type "L" batteries, the adapter is provided for that particular battery type. What this means is that the manufacturer only have to make one charger and adapts to many battery types by using an insert. The con about this set up is that the insert is very loose when inserted into the charger. When you put the heavy battery in the adapter and insert the adapter in the charger, the battery and insert drops out easily because of the weight. I have to be careful with it when plugging this set up to the wall outlet. The first time, the battery didn't charged, no light, because the adapter pulled loose from the charger and did not made electrical contact. I now used a piece of electrical tape to tape the two together and it works. This is just an inconvenient, I got what I paid for, otherwise it works fine.
on January 16, 2015
Great Charger and Batteries! This is the first Charger (of many I own) that has a charging indicator light that shows (RED) when a battery is totally depleted, then (YELLOW) when half charged, and (GREEN) when fully charged! That is a VERY COOL FEATURE! P.S. My very EXPENSIVE chargers DON'T HAVE THAT FEATURE BUILT INTO THEM! THANK YOU VERY MUCH DavisMAX! P.S. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EXCELLENT AS WELL, SHOULD YOU NEED THEM!!!
on January 17, 2013
As with most no-name cheap batteries manufactured overseas, you take your chances on whether it will work at or or last. If it's the former, you can return them for a replacement (30-day warranty through eForce). If it's the latter than you're out of luck. Fortunately, these are super cheap so no big loss. I got this kit and it worked pretty well for six months. Now both batteries don't hold a charge at all. I also purchased a couple of the Maximal semi-name brand versions over a year ago and for not much more and those still work. I've also had failures on Maximal batteries for my Canon camera but at least Maximal offers a three year warranty and will send you a replacement.
on January 19, 2014
Worked great and was cheap. Build quality is another thing. If the battery that you are plugging in is not aligned perfectly it can cause on the the pins on the charger to push back inside the case and not make contact with the battery any more. Had to use a small needle nose pliers to get it back out, only to have it happen again.

Be careful with battery alignment!