Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Amazon Elements Sensitive Baby Wipes, Exclusive to Prime Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Customer Discussions > NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition forum

Information on Neo Geo X Gold

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 22, 2012 1:30:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2012 2:01:21 PM PDT
This is from Neo Geo's website:

NEO GEO X Handheld Sytem with NEOGEO X Game Card slot
NEO GEO X Docking Station,
NEO GEO X Arcade Stick.
TV outputs are either via HDMI or RCA (AV).
Ninja Master (For Pre Orders Only)

The exact release date is 6th December.

The NEOGEO X has a 4.3 inch LCD screen, an expandable game card slot, stereo speakers and a headphone port.

It is also pre-loaded games with twenty Classic NEOGEO games:
3 Count Bout
League Bowling
Art of Fighting
Magician Lord
Alpha Mission 2
Metal Slug
Baseball Stars 2
Mutation Nation
Cyber Lip
Nam 1975
Fatal Fury
Puzzled
Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout - Fatal Fury Special
The King of Fighters '95
Samurai Showdown 2
King of the Monsters
Super Sidekicks
Last Resort
World Heroes Perfect

Distribution for this amazing, limited edition system is handled by Tommo for North and South America, Blaze IP Ltd will handle European, Russia, Australia and African distribution. Success Company handle Japan and Asian distribution.

Play on your HDTV by combining the NEOGEO X Handheld with the NEOGEO X Station or take the NEOGEO X Handheld wherever you go!

Includes the NEOGEO X Joystick for a complete home arcade experience!

2 Player play on all compatible games when the NEOGEO X Handheld is connected to the NEOGEO X Station! (2nd Joystick sold seperately)

MSRP: $199.99 USD

http://neogeox.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 1:36:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2012 9:28:30 PM PDT
*Does the NEOGEO X Gold support original NEOGEO games cartridges?
No, there is no ability to load original AES cartridges on the Neo Geo X Gold System. The NEOGEO X Station can only house the NEOGEO X Handheld inside as a docking station.

*Do I need a NEOGEO X Game Card / Cartridge?
No, the twenty games are already pre-loaded onto the NEOGEO X Handheld, but NEOGEO X Game Cards will be available with extra gaming content. More info about this will be announced at a later date.

*How do I connect to my TV?
You can connect the NEOGEO X to your TV set via HDMI or A/V Out. For the true retro gaming experience we recommend using the AV cable provided.

*Is the video output high definition via HDMI?
The NEOGEO X outputs a 480p signal to the TV via HDMI. A HDMI cable is also included.

*Can I use my existing NEOGEO Controller?
No, but we have created a 1:1 all new NEOGEO X Arcade Stick. The experience is 100% the same.

*Is the NEOGEO X Gold 2 Player?
Yes it is. Additional NEOGEO X Arcade Sticks will be sold separately.

*How large is the screen on the NEOGEO X Handheld Console?
It is 4.3" diagonally measured.

*How long do the batteries last on the NEOGEO X Handheld?
A minimum of 3-4 hours on a full charge.

*Does the NEOGEO X have built in memory?
Yes is does, but the main method of game storage are the NEOGEO X Game Cards

*How do I charge the battery for the NEOGEO X?
The NEOGEO X must not be charged using a stand alone power supply or USB cable. ALWAYS connect the NEOGEO X to the Docking Station to charge it.

*Can I use the NEOGEO X on Aeroplanes or in Hospitals?
Yes, within the set guidelines of the relevant Airline or Hospital.

*How does the NEOGEO X Handheld dock with the NEOGEO X Station?
The NEOGEO X physically slots inside the NEOGEO X Docking Station.

*What is the plan on allowing customers to play additional NEOGEO games beyond the 20 included?
Please check this website for the latest information. The plan is to release other games that will be exclusive to the NEOGEO X format.

*Since the NEOGEO X Docking Station is able to connect to an HDTV, will there be any way to change the display settings on how the game looks on the TV? (such as aspect ratio and HD resolution?)
On the NEOGEO X Handheld, you can change the aspect ratio of the screen between 16:9 and 4:3. The games are in their original format and resolution, not High Definition. On HDMI-compatible TV's, the TV's themselves will usually have the option to switch between 16:9 mode and 4:3 mode.

http://neogeox.com/FAQ

--------------------------------------------------------
This article has some nice info & close-ups of the console:

http://www.egmnow.com/antdagamer/neogeo-x-gold-limited-edition-hitting-stores-this-holiday/
-------------------------------------------------------
Here's a video of the portable system being played:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EStOaKXo8LQ

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 9:16:50 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 4:51:30 PM PDT
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. There are so many people out there who don't have any grasp on the concept of Hi-def. People see HD and automatically assume it makes it better, but it doesn't work like that. You could release the original Super Mario Bros in HD but unless you completely redesign the games visuals from scratch, it's going to look exactly the same. In some cases it even makes it look significantly worse because youre displaying big blocky pixels on a higher resolution than was ever intended.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 4:11:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2012 4:11:33 AM PDT
Bard master says:
@ al sinan

what a noob.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 8:12:27 AM PDT
Superchiller says:
@ Ala a

You must have no idea what you're talking about. The Neo Geo was originally a non-HD console when it came out in 1990; why would a new version suddenly be HD? These were originally ARCADE games, running on tube monitors; HD TVs didn't even exist back then. Do some research before you post next time.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 7:01:07 AM PDT
R. Graves says:
He's quoting from a website.

Also, almost every single console has the capability to produce RGB output. Unfortunatly, most didnt come with this type of output connector (but why would they in the 80s?). A quick google search will show you that many people have modded the output type of their old consoles.

This NeoGeo console is a new system. It has an HDMI output most likely for convenience and not for anything else. Will it look bad? Likely on a 50 inch tv. Are you buying this for state of the art graphics? Absolutely not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 5:27:00 PM PDT
I actually have a good grasp of the concept Hi-Def.
I already have the original AES console and it is hooked up to my Home Theater that does an excellent job in up-scaling the signal. So I basically don't need this.
Do I want it? yes.
Do I need it? no.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:13:58 AM PST
I thought upscaling to HD makes non-HD stuff look better?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions