- The comprehensive, authoritative resource for Informix database design and implementation!
- Completely updated for Informix Dynamic Server.2000 and Informix Enterprise Decision Server
- Three great books, one great price!
Informix® Guide to SQL: Reference and Syntax, Second Edition: the complete guide and syntax reference for the Informix implementation of SQL
Informix® Guide to SQL: Tutorial, Second Edition: the start-to-finish SQL tutorial for development on Informix platforms
Informix® Guide to Designing Databases and Data Warehouses: the insider's guide to real-world database design — detailed data models, proven step-by-step techniques, and more
The total resource for Informix developers & DBAs: 3 authoritative books, direct from Informix!
(1)Informix® Guide to SQL: Reference and Syntax, Second Edition
The indispensable reference to the Informix implementation of SQL!
Informix Guide to SQL: Reference and Syntax, Second Edition contains comprehensive descriptions of every SQL and Stored Procedure Language (SPL) statement, plus extensive SQL syntax coverage not included in the first edition. Detailed syntax diagrams walk you through every clause of each SQL statement, and syntax tables explain the input parameters for each clause.
- Building object-relational and data warehouse solutions with the Informix implementation of SQL
- Essential techniques for designing and using ANSI-compliant databases System catalog tables, structure, statistics, information schema views, and more
- Environment variables defining terminal identification, software location, and other parameters
- Detailed information on the structure and contents of the stores_demo, sales_demo, and superstores_demo demonstration databases
(2)Informix® Guide to SQL: Tutorial, Second Edition
Master the Informix implementation of SQL, start-to-finish!
Informix Guide to SQL: Tutorial, Second Edition is the authoritative, complete tutorial for learning the Informix implementation of SQL. Starting with the simplest SELECT statements, this complete course walks you through everything you need to know to succeed with SQL. Learn how to build and optimize queries, both simple and advanced. Use SQL statements to insert, delete, or update data, while you maintain data integrity and security. Learn how to call the database server, retrieve rows, embed data, and create and implement efficient data models, step-by-step.
- Fundamental relational and object-relational database concepts
- User access and security through GRANT, REVOKE, CREATE VIEW and other SQL statements
- SQL programming techniques, including dynamic SQL and embedded data definition statements
- Data manipulation language (DML) statements
- Creating stored procedures with the Stored Procedure Language (SPL)
(3)Informix® Guide to Designing Databases and Data Warehouses
The Informix insider's guide to database and data warehouse design!
Informix Guide to Designing Databases and Data Warehousesis the most complete, authoritative guide to database and data warehouse design, implementation, and administration with Informix Dynamic Server.2000 and Informix Enterprise Decision Server. You'll start by walking through the construction of data models that illustrate each key approach to database design. Compare ANSI and non-ANSI compliant databases, learn the fundamentals of entity-relationship modeling, and choose appropriate data types. Next, you'll learn how to use the Informix implementation of SQL to implement and manage your databases.
- Implementing relational data models with the CREATE DATABASE and CREATE TABLE statements, synonyms, synonym chains, and command scripts
- Applying fragmentation strategies for maximizing database and data warehouse performance
- Implementing dimensional data models-including solutions to common problems
- Applying indexing techniques for data warehousing environments ISBN: 0-13-017042-9