HDE® Infrared Plug Adapter Wireless IR Remote Converter
|Price:||$6.95 + $2.99 shipping|
- Turn off any eletrical device(s) or equipment using any infrared remote
- 15 foot distance ; Connects up to three appliances (all controlled together)
- Sensitive wide IR reception angle -- does not require strict line of sight operation
- Package Contents: 1 x Infrared Plug Adapter Wireless IR Remote Converter
- HDE® is a registered trademark and is the only authorized seller of HDE branded products
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
UPDATE: I uploaded pictures of the unit that caught fire. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.
The first thing you will notice is that this device does not come with instructions. To program it to operate, follow these four steps:
1. Plus the device into an outlet.
2. Press the button once to turn it on. A red light will turn on and stay solid.
3. Press and hold the button until the red light starts to blink.
4. Press and release the button on the remote (not included) that you want to use to turn the device on and off.
1. Once you get the device in learn mode where the red light starts to blink, you only have a few seconds to program the device before it gives up and turns off.
2. Do not hold the button down on the remote or the device will only work intermittently. This is probably because the circuitry is cheaply designed. When you hit a button on a remote, it sends out a sequence of IR impulses. Most remotes will repeat that sequence multiple times if you hold the button down. This device doesn't seem to be able to identify and filter out the duplicates and therefore stores everything that it sees as if it were one sequence of IR impulses.Read more ›
I did get a little instruction slip from HDE with it, but it turned out to be wrong. Thankfully the reviews here helped me out and I think I can add to them.
I'm pretty sure there are multiple versions/revisions of this thing that are all being sold under this listing. For example, some people talk about green lights on the adapter, others red; mine is red. The picture here has a brand label "QIDUO" on it and a round IR receiver, mine is labeled "HENGMINGDIANQI" and has a square IR receiver, though overall it's the same shape. Programming mine worked a bit differently than what other people here have described so far and it wouldn't surprise me if the process differed a bit per model. Hopefully we can identify all the models and provide appropriate instructions for each.
To start off, here's the model number of mine (this is found on the back): HM-01K3
Here are some things I observed:
As other people reported, I found that for one of my remotes, pretty much any command on the remote set it off, but that doesn't apply to every remote. For example, I first programmed it using the power button on my Sony HDTV remote, and then pretty much any other button on that remote set it off. However, I then reprogrammed it using one of the colored function keys on my FIOS set top box remote, and it seems to pick up only that. Probably related to how a particular brand sends IR commands, hopefully you'll have one that will work.
Also, it seems that it can remember *multiple* IR commands. So if you program it with one button and find that other buttons set it off, but then try a different remote, the old remote will still be in there and will still set it off.Read more ›
since i am exceptionally lazy... i was hoping to use this to program into my Harmony remote so i wouldn't have to get out of bed and walk *nearly* 2 feet to power the amp off manually. i get enough exercise sitting in my chair at work all day long. i don't need to over-exert myself during my leisure time... i don't want to get *too* chiseled and handsome.
FIRST PROBLEM : absolutely completely horrible line noise / hum in the amp when used. while this thing will take a grounded plug... it itself is *not* a grounded plug. the noise was unusably bad... pretty sure i have songs that are quieter than the hum. i powered off the amp to try a different more direct outlet (vs. power strip) just in case it might help. seemed unlikely but i thought i'd give it a try.
SECOND PROBLEM : plugged into a new outlet. plugged amp into it. pressed the button to power it up... EXPLODED! not like shrapnel flying everywhere and severing arteries and embedding into the wall or anything... but a loud *POP!* and some smoke... then burning electrical / ozone smell. it shocked me slightly as well (both figuratively and literally).
so that was fun for ~2.5 minutes (right ladies?! *weak rimshot*)... not sure if it was worth the $9 + s/h though. i could probably make something electrical explode in LESS time and for LESS money if i put my heart into it.
1/2 a star for the exhilaration of explosions.
1/2 a star for the fun i'll have bothering to return it.
IN CONCLUSION : i wouldn't waste your time. i can't think of anything i would (a) need to control with a Harmony and (b) care little enough about that i'd trust with this thing.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This did not work with my Osirus MX-350 - would not be learned. I tried two, so it was not defect as far as I could tell.. Read morePublished 21 days ago by searat
Great device works exactly as advertised warrants watching though others have written about the device catching fire I keep checking but so far it does not put out any excessive... Read morePublished 14 months ago by A. Wagner
These things are great, only thing like it that I've found. Why the manufacturer finds it so difficult to include instructions is a mystery. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Webster
These are great for what they do. However, the connection is a little loose and will sometimes spark or lose the connection.Published 15 months ago by Robert A. Morris
The plug works, but it is not designed for the US market. The top plug accepts standard US style fat plugs, but the side plugs do not (unless you use an adapter). Read morePublished 15 months ago by Gene Cook
First of all thanks to Steve's 4 star review with the great programming instructions. That should be printed and included with the product. Read morePublished 18 months ago by HBP