Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on August 11, 2012
I had an almost identical experience to another 1-star reviewer on here. Out of the box I got a strange AH message on the screen that wouldn't go away and wasn't explained in the instructions anywhere. After leaving the thing alone for a few hours though, the message was gone and it was working.

"Working," I should say. The readings on items in my fridge (all presumably the same temperature) fluctuated by at least 15 degrees, with some actually below freezing, and others a balmy, 40+ degrees. (Balmy by food safety standards, anyway.)

I actually liked the feel and construction of the unit, but with such inaccuracies, I can't justify giving any more than 1 star. Fortunately, amazon allowed me to return it. Do yourself a favor and don't bother.
on June 11, 2013
First off, this thing is selling for $10-15, so don't expect perfect accuracy. To expect a $15 tool to perform as well as one that costs $100's of dollars is simply ridiculous.

I bought this because it was cheap and looked like it might be useful. I ended up using it to check PCB temperatures on my motherboard to compare before and after installing a waterblock. While it may not match the temperature reading of a more expensive unit, it is consistent in its readings and thus worked very well for my purposes. The build quality is very good and it actually feels better in your hand than the professional grade one we have at work. Also, every one of my friends who sees it has to spend 15-20 minutes playing with it. If you are a student at engineering school this may provide hours of entertainment for you and your friends. If you aren't an engineer just ignore that part, we're weird.

Overall, if you need a cheap one of these, it works great, and for less than $20 you can't go wrong.
on June 4, 2013
This thing arrived dead as a doornail. I tried replacing the battery but to no effect. I have to wonder about the build quality and quality control of a device that doesn't work brand new out of the box.
on November 4, 2015
Bought this for fun and it has come in very handy. We got a new heat pump put in and wanted to know the temp it was blowing. I also had some AC issues in my truck and used it to measure that as well. For the price, this is a tool everyone should have...
on July 18, 2015
Super easy temperature reader. Sadly I had to get this to test my AC vents/AC unit functionality, but happily it worked great. Yes, AC wasn't working. But how much fun was randomly pointing this at everything in the house and seeing how much warmer the receiver was than the tv was than the floor was :)
on January 11, 2015
Product works great. Used it outside (20 degree outside temp) and could sweep across the yard and tell where the dogs were in the back yard by the temperature change measured. Pretty cool. Also used it inside the house to measure temperature differences between the walls and the windows where the cold was seeping in. The only reason I gave it a four star rather than a five star is because I don't have a way to verify the temps it was reading were exact.
on July 5, 2015
An inexpensive 'Gotta Have' for the tech geek in your life.

I've spent way too much time measuring the temperature of walls and ceilings around my place with this think looking for air leaks.
on January 18, 2015
I love this!!! I use it for making soap and making body butter. I have used it for other stuff, also. It's battery life lasts forever, which is great because I despise changing batteries!! I haven't changed them yet!! I've had this for more than 2 years.
on June 16, 2013
This has a mean varience of about 3-5 degrees of celcius. And to have a minimum error you have to bring the device very closer to the point which you want to check.
One point to note is that it was mentioned a 9v battery is not included. But there was a one included in the pack. So information is misleading.
on February 1, 2014
I use it for my aquarium. I use it in the kitchen. I take it to the hot springs. I use it on the ESC's of my RC/FPV planes.

I use this for everything. I use it a lot.

I find this product to be a great value for the money and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.