5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Play
Published 14 months ago by NewAgeMama

1.0 out of 5 stars Smart Play Pad Review
It was not animated. It did not keep my child's attention. It also needs to have a tougher case.It can be easily broken because babies tend to drop it.
Published 12 months ago by Shanda

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Play, November 10, 2013
This review is from: Ingenio Smart Play Pad (Interactive Learning Toy) (Toy)
I was interested in the Smart Play Pad for my son. He is 4, and is special needs with speech and motor apraxia. One of the things we'd eventually like to do for his speech therapy is get him an ipad or a tablet as there is a great app that utilizes (touch screen) buttons to talk for him. But, being as he is a typical 4yr old under the special needs, we need something to practice on before investing a lot of money in something that he could easily break. He loves the mobile devices the therapists use with him!!

Since he's already learning his numbers, alphabet, and words the Smart Play Pad is perfect for this! He has to learn to touch the buttons on the screen; they are not physical buttons he can feel. He might have low fine motor skills, but it didn't take him long to figure this one out! He was excited to play with this toy!! And I'm glad to see that the Smart Play Pad is so durable, LOL, because my kid is rough on his toys!

**Reviewed by Anne for New Age Mama***

1.0 out of 5 stars Smart Play Pad Review, January 22, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars needs work, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Ingenio Smart Play Pad (Interactive Learning Toy) (Toy)
It's ok. The volume resets to the default setting every time turned on. The default volume is VERY loud (ear piercing really). Annoying when continually having to turn down especially when my 2.5 year old son's favorite button is the on/off button. Plastic housing is brittle and thin so easily broken if dropped. Clearly some serious design flaws on an otherwise decent toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it wasn't so loud, February 26, 2014
This review is from: Ingenio Smart Play Pad (Interactive Learning Toy) (Toy)
My 21-month-old loves pushing the buttons and gets excited at the cheers she hears when she gets the quiz questions right. But the default volume level is super loud. It can be lowered once it's on, but it's obnoxiously loud when you turn it on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Like a Tablet to be Fun, August 10, 2014
This review is from: Ingenio Smart Play Pad (Interactive Learning Toy) (Toy)
Terrible. My poor 1 year-olds try to swipe the screen and just get frustrated. If your baby has never seen a tablet, this might be a nice toy but if they've had any time with a tablet (we barely let them) this will be a severe disappointment.

Otherwise it seems OK, duplicates the very basic functions of every other alphabet and counting toy, seems sturdy enough (although we took it away after all of like half an hour). If it didn't look like a tablet enough to fool them it would be a good system- but it looks too much like a touchscreen to be any fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool learning tablet!, July 11, 2014
This review is from: Ingenio Smart Play Pad (Interactive Learning Toy) (Toy)
It is one of those toys my son loves to tap and discover new sounds that make up letters, colors, and words. What I love about this toy is that it has a bilingual switch where my son can learn in Spanish or English. The other thing that made this toy special for my son was that he thought it felt like it was his very own “tablet”, the kind all adults seem to have. He also liked singing to the familiar songs it played like twinkle, twinkle little star. I liked the fact that there is volume control and auto shut off to save battery.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Smart Play Pad resets the volume to the loudest level ..., October 22, 2014
William Shaniuk (Mentor, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ingenio Smart Play Pad (Interactive Learning Toy) (Toy)
The Smart Play Pad resets the volume to the loudest level every time it is turned on. All my 18 month old does is turn it on and off, so there is never a moment of peace when she is playing with it. If it retained it's volume level when I lowered it I would rate it much higher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, January 1, 2014
This review is from: Ingenio Smart Play Pad (Interactive Learning Toy) (Toy)
My granddaughter loves it and enjoy to listen between English/Spanish languages

Its worth to buy this Thank you very much

5.0 out of 5 stars simple but easy to understand, December 11, 2014
This review is from: Ingenio Smart Play Pad (Interactive Learning Toy) (Toy)
simple but easy to understand. I speak Spanish and want my grandbaby to learn this inexpensive toy will reinforce what I teach her.

2.0 out of 5 stars Overall it was a free gift and I am glad I did not pay for it and I am ..., October 20, 2014
This review is from: Ingenio Smart Play Pad (Interactive Learning Toy) (Toy)
Got this as the free gift from Pampers, I think I should have simply taken the other gift of the Melissa and Doug band set. So disapointed! My son doesn't even play with it, all he does is turn it on and off, throw it on the floor and step on it. I think because he has gotten used to the iPad he was expectig more interaction. I was as well. Maybe the pictures aren't clear, but I somehow thought the screen was interactive and not set.

Overall it was a free gift and I am glad I did not pay for it and I am hoping that my son would get interested in it soon.

Ingenio Smart Play Pad (Interactive Learning Toy)
$24.99 $12.79