5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Die Grinder!
This Die Grinder has superb fit and feel in your hand. It is light, quiet, and has plenty of power. Technically, 1/3HP! This kit comes with the burring bits. It all fits nicely in the protective case. I am very impressed with the kit. Ingersoll Rand has a long term customer!

Published on April 22, 2010 by William Kane Howard

2.0 out of 5 stars Go with another brand
Ingersoll rand is dropping there quality. The trigger was very stiff. My Chicago Pneumatic has more power and feels a ton better then this.
Published on July 6, 2012 by S. Cunningham

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Die Grinder!, April 22, 2010
This review is from: Ingersoll Rand 3108K Composite Pneumatic Die Grinder Kit with Carbide Burrs (Tools & Home Improvement)

Oh and one other thing I want to mention. In another review of the 3108 Die Grinder (non-kit version) a guy named Benjamin Wilber, describes two or three problems with the die grinder. DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM. He says the bearings feel bad and blah blah blah... This guy obviously has many other issues other than his die grinder. I'm a machinist in the aviation field myself and these tools, 3108 and 3102, are excellent tools. They have no bearing problems and they have variable speed. You control the speed by how far you pull the lever. Just like an accelerator in a car! Please don't let this guy's external issues mislead you from a great tool!

5.0 out of 5 stars Die grinder kit, December 13, 2010
I have never owned a kit like this before, so I have nothing to compare it to. It works great though. It's small in order to get in those hard to reach areas. I make metal decorative tables, and this allows me to grind off those weld marks for a professional look. The only downside I have is the wrenches. I have used them about three times, and they are already rounded off. I just use two metric wrenches to do the change over. The varity of bits is enough for just about any type of grinding you made need to do. This tool feels very well made, therfore some may think it is a little heavy. Well worth the money. This takes welds down much faster than an angle grinder with a wheel. It does not however leave as smooth a surface as a whell does. You will still need a wheel grinder to smooth out it you really want aa great finish. I purchased this item cheaper on Amazon than others had just the tool for sale. You won't be displeased.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible trigger action, January 6, 2014
The tool is powerful enough, but whatever spring and trigger action is in there doesn't allow for any feathering or gradual application of air to the tool. It's probably great for industrial use where one's grinding non-stop for hours at a time, but it's annoying for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned After One Use, June 28, 2013
The bit's wouldn't stay tight no matter how much you tried to tighten so I sent it back. Noise was so loud i had to wear hearing protection or your ears would ring for hours after using this. It taught me that the next brand I buy needs to be a quiet kind(or at least more quiet). Ingersoll just hasn't been the same it seems...my impact gun has also been disappointing so I'm no longer an Ingersoll fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best Grinder!!!!, February 11, 2013
I have had this grinder for over four years, and it still runs solidly and perfectly!!!

I use it for sculpting, and oftentimes use it for deep relief carving, hours and hours at a time. As a result, this little grinder has put up with some pretty heavy abuse. But it still works as perfectly as the day i first carved with it!

Its a definite must for any air-tool collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition To My Shop, December 1, 2012
Peter Lavorato (Sweet Grass, Montana, US) - See all my reviews
The carbide bits that come with this tool are incredible and are worth the price of the tool alone....you will not be disappointed

2.0 out of 5 stars Go with another brand, July 6, 2012
S. Cunningham (POUGHKEEPSIE, NY, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, August 8, 2014
You can not beat Ingersoll Rand as they are the best. Well built and very strong

4.0 out of 5 stars Only one complaint, October 9, 2011
Grumbles (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
Ive purchased many Ingersoll Rand pneumatic tools and have never had a problem with them. They are a great value and high quality. I had to give it 4 stars because the trigger valve o-ring was defective. It somehow got pinched before I even got to use it, causing it to leak air past the trigger valve. The tool would spin without any pressure on the trigger at all. Easily fixed once I found a properly sized o-ring to replace the pinched one, but it was a pain and I expect more from Ingersoll Rand. Other than that, however, it is a fantastic tool and I recommend it highly.