5.0 out of 5 stars great time piece
very aesthetically pleasing, love the functionality. get many compliments on the looks, it keeps the time very well, the settings adjust to fit any size wrist, an affordable price for such a nice piece. 10 out of 10 in my book. good looks.
Published 18 months ago by David Izbicki

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, not worth the hassle
BTW I have this exact watch in a different color, the band and hands are black and the face is white.

Published 17 months ago by T. Chumpitaz

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, not worth the hassle, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Ingersoll Men's IN1800CR Richmond Automatic Cream Dial Watch (Watch)

I received this exact watch as a departing gift from my coworkers from my job of over 5 years. That was in August of 2012. I saw this thing and was ecstatic; it was exactly my style, perfect size, impeccable color and face. This was my first dress watch with a leather band; I tend to buy dress watches with metallic bands. This watch, however, changed my taste in watches.

For the first few months I never took it off. It was perfect for my new teaching job where I had to dress up, and even when I went out in jeans. A drawback of automatic movement watches is that it required me to manually wind. It does have a counter weight that automatically winds it with your arm movement, but every two days or so I would wind it just so that it kept working.

One day in November, four months after it was purchased, the crown (the part that sticks out of the side that lets you change the time and wind the watch) was stuck, it could be pulled out to adjust the time, but it would not spin in the direction that would wind the watch. The weight still would wind the watch, but manually it would not work. I tried bringing it to this watch repair guy in Manhattan; this guy fixed anything and everything I ever brought him. This watch he could not fix -_- said the mechanics are crap, and the part that is broken must be replaced by the manufacturer.

I tried returning it to the manufacturer as it has a supposed two year warranty, they want me to pay them $30 for shipping and handling, and on top of that, they may charge me because it was opened by a non-manufacturing entity. I decided to send it to a different repair specialist, hopefully it won't cost too much to fix.

Side story, I learned (from this watch aficionado at a U-Haul store when I first started wearing the watch) that Ingersoll used to sell $1 watches at the beginning of the 20th century, then they disappeared for a few decades, then all of a sudden Ingersoll returned to sell luxury watches. He tells me their new watches are beautiful to look at, but they are crap in every other aspect. Their parts are cheap, they don't last very long, and they are overly expensive. I now believe the guy. Until they drastically lower their prices, I don't suggest this watch to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars great time piece, May 8, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nicely made watch, January 23, 2013
Scot Wilcox (Saint Paul, MN United States) - See all my reviews
You get what you see with this watch. It is a beautifully crafted dress watch with day, date, and month. It is interesting to view the interior as it works, allegedly not requiring winding if you are "active" enough.

I have had to correct the date on several occasions. I suppose the watch thought it was PM and changed at noon instead, but I don't think you can know this when setting it. Easy enough to fix. The date counter also goes up into the high-thirties, which is somewhat puzzling since no month exceeds 31. This necessitates resetting the date at least monthly.

I customarily wear G-Shock or other multi-function digital watches, so dress watches are new to me. Perhaps my criticisms are typical in this category of watches. Overall, it is a very nice watch.

Ingersoll Men's IN1800CR Richmond Automatic Cream Dial Watch