Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Style Name: Standard|Change

on December 28, 2011
i bought this for my job at land rover jaguar of peoria, it was the best impact i could find, and by far the best price, way better than the other comparably priced 3/8ths impacts. i've been hammering the crap out of it since i got it a couple months ago, i use it for everything from removing engine mounts and strut bolts, to removing the t50 torx on the land rover seats to little interior screws and everything inbetween. i have been punishing this thing alot, its been dropped multiple times off a fully lifted 2 post host and it still looks great and runs even better, i've repacked the hammers once since i got it and i put marvel air tool oil thru it about 3 times a day and its working like a charm. easily disassembled to put grease on the hammers, and very easy to control speed, even on highest setting you can put plastic screws into a plastic threaded trim piece and control it and tighten it without thinking about stripping it out. very awesome impact, made a couple guys at work jealous. people i ordered it from got it here in good time and in great shape. overall a great experience.
on January 4, 2013
Make sure to flush out the anti-corrosion lube in the gun with about 1/2 cup of air tool oil for 5 minutes. Use high flow air fittings and hoses for best power. Low vibration, crazy power to weight, no complaints whatsoever.

Update: Year two still going strong.
on January 8, 2015
I am an automotive technician and this tool lives up to the name. Very light weight and feels good in my hand. I have had this tool for a while now and been through some abuse. Works and performs just as good as day one. Will no longer be buying snap on impact guns. The feel of this tool is great and a pleasure to use. This is also a loud tool. Just as loud as my snap on mg32 3/8 air impact. It does not bother me I actually like the sound of it. Great buy and great price. Will be using this tool for many years.
on January 26, 2013
I bought mine used from a private seller on Amazon. I love this thing. You just can't go wrong with anything from Ingersol Rand. It is very powerful for its size, and it has never let me down when doing a brake job or front end work. It weighs almost nothing, so it will save you a lot of arm and hand fatigue when using for long periods. Matco's 3/8" Impact is almost identical, except for the color. I've used both this IR model and the Matco model and i cannot tell any difference. Plus the Matco gun is quite a bit more expensive. Just oil it everyday and Grease it monthly and this impact gun will give you years of reliable service.
on May 19, 2015
I use this 5 days a week and love it. This replaced my snap on mg325 that just didn't hold up or perform. I should have bought the IR the first time. It is much stronger and the people I work with that own these have gotten years of reliable service.
on December 28, 2014
Powerful, light, a bit noisy thou, you may wanna pay a little more for the q version. Bought this to replace an older IR that was over 10 years old, still works but broke the trigger. As someone who uses air tools for a living day in and day out, I'm confident in saying you can't beat an IR for cost/power/longevity.
on June 9, 2014
Powerful, and light. Plenty of power for the weekend warrior, which is glad I bought the lighter one over the heavier 1/2" drive model.

While you're at it, pick up a precision oiler if you don't already have one, the manual recommends oiling 3 places, at least 1 of which requires a precision oiler, and the other is covered up by the protective boot (although there are no holes there, so I don't know what the manual means).

Oil your air tools! You can research on your own, but I found that the most popular seem to be Marvel Mystery Air Tool Oil and Lucas Air Tool Oil, both available on Amazon. I needed some quickly, so I just bought Kobalt at Lowes until my Marvel arrived and it works fine.

Edit: This thing seems VERY oil hungry. Most people will recommend a few drops before and after use. I'm a weekend warrior so I do not use this for hours on end and oiled it before and every use. Recently it seized up on me. I took it apart and the hammers seemed very well lubricated. So I dumped a significant amount of oil in the inlet and let it sit. Plugged it back in and it spun up slow, then back up to normal speeds. After that I dumped even more oil in while in forward mode, then more oil for reverse just in case. Runs much better.

TL;DR Use much more tool oil than normal.
review image review image
on February 25, 2016
I love these impact wrenches so far. Great feel and good power.

I really like the variable-torque output settings so far. It comes in nice when putting on lugs etc. I can turn it down to get the lug seated, without fear of miss-seating or warping.

I have had several brands, but these feel much better out of the box. I hope they will last for years to come.
on January 20, 2016
Best price I could find on this gun anywhere was thru Amazon. Purchased this model to replace a previous model of the same brand. Great power and torque as well as quiet. Quality is top of he line. Fit and finish are perfect. I wouldn't buy any other brand. The grip is slightly different on this new model and I like it a lot better. The gun feels good in your hand but is not to heavy. Would highly recommend
on February 25, 2016
I needed a powerful yet very compact impact for a difficult job (replacing spark plugs on an F150 Triton engine with very tight quarters on the rear cylinders.) YouTube tips suggested using a 3/8 impact. I already owned a 1/2" drive IR impact and love it. This new one was a little spendy (although a super price here on Amazon), so I was leaning toward going the cheap route and getting something from Sears. I'm sure glad I didn't! This thing is the smallest I've found, very light with the Titanium case, and has great power. All of the other reviewers are correct. This is a fantastic tool, and I never have buyers remorse when it's a quality item like this that I will undoubtedly get many years of use out of. My dad always told me to take care of my tools, and my tools will take care of me. This little impact with big impact performance is sure to do just that. Well worth the money even if you don't know what your next job for it might be. Oh, and the ergonomics and conrols on it are great!