Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on April 2, 2013
I had been searching for a compact stroller with all the features I wanted and this is it! I'm in Japan and my jogging stroller is way too big getting around in a country that specializes in miniaturizing everything. My son is 17 months, 32 lbs and 34 inches long. First of all this stroller was ready to roll right out the box! I only had to attach the belly bar, canopy and cup holder!!! This stroller fits my son perfectly and I should get great use out of it since the maximum weight capacity is 55lbs!. I love that it has a REMOVABLE and flexible belly bar which most umbrella strollers don't have in addition to the adjustable canopy with EXTRA coverage. And there is an adjustable leg rest which my son loves because his feet aren't touching the foot rest yet. Note: there are two levers hidden that you have to squeeze for it to go down. The seat also does a full recline! The wheels are great! They seem to be the hard rubber kind. I'm 5'7 and the handle bars are high enough for me to push comfortably and away from my body so I'm not kicking the back wheels and they are made with the soft grip material. The basket is big compared to other umbrella strollers, but small compared to my jogging stroller. I'm able to stuff my Columbia backpack diaper bag in it with a little room to spare for small items. If the seat back is fully reclined I won't be able to get the diaper bag out without lifting it up. There is a cup holder that securely fits a medium size fast food cup or bottle of water. I hated the cup holders on the jogging strollers because they bounced around on uneven ground. My son's sippy cup won't fit. This stroller also comes with a rain cover which is a plus. I love freebies. It only covers the front, but I read that the canopy is water-proof I have yet to test that. I'm contemplating buying the Jeep brand that goes all over though. The fold and open is also easy to do and it locks in place when closing and has a carry handle. It is a bit heavy (I think 15lbs), but it feels very sturdy and durable. I only pushed around the house on hardwood floors. I will update when we go out. For a video demonstration and review for the 2012 model, YouTube Baby Gizmo Inglesina Trip.

UPDATE: So after getting out, this stroller is everything I hoped for. It handled really well on uneven asphalt/sidewalk. It took me a moment to adjust my stride and arm positioning, my feet did scruff the back wheels a few times. My son took a brief nap and I was able to lay the seat back all the way down without disturbing him. It was pretty windy when we first got out, but the canopy was great at blocking the wind especially while he was napping. It rained a little later on and the canopy IS water-proof!!! Even in steady rain the water continued to bead up and roll off. I did have a little trouble steering one-handed while holding my umbrella. It was hard to make turns, but I found that switching handle bars and stepping opposite the side of stroller in the direction I wanted to turn helped the best (ex. step left to turn right). Oh and I forgot to mention that the stroller is slim enough to pass through the train station's ticket entrances/exits. No more having to use the wheelchair entrance. All in all, I'm VERY HAPPY with this stroller. :)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 21, 2014
I did many hours of research reading reviews and watching YouTube video's on the umbrella stroller's out there. I wasn't able to see this stroller in person so I went on the reviews and video's. I did go to Baby's R Us to check out the competition in the same price range and they were definitely not as nice. I just wasn't happy with what I was seeing, and for the high prices, I expect to be satisfied. I originally made my mistake by registering for the The First Years Ignite Umbrella Stroller. Though it was a $90 cheaper, I really wanted to love it, but hated it and returned it.
My husband put the Inglesina stroller together while I was at work. I came home and saw it and was "WOW" this stroller is beautiful. Here's why:
-Plush cushioned seating for my 8 month old. The other stroller (First Years) you could feel the metal frame behind the back support. The Inglesina you DON'T.
-Looks and feels well built and is a great quality.
-The canopy is awesome! It's adjustable! You can pull it down and over your baby to block ALL the sun. You can take it off. Or just adjust to the amount you prefer.
-Canopy has a peek-a-boo window to see your little one.
-Canopy is waterproof.
-The back of the canopy has a snap pocket for items such as phone, keys, pacifier's, snack 's etc. -This stroller comes with it's own rain cover. It fit's perfectly clipped from top bar and clipped right down to the wheel bar's. Wont blow around. And there are little vent's on the side of cover so your little one gets some fresh air.
-It's a 5 point harness with cushioned shoulder straps.
-It has a great depth to the seating compared to the First Years. My son weighs 21lbs at 8 month's old and is 29". He looks very comfortable in the Inglesina. He looked like he was going to fall over and out in the First Year stroller.
-The back reclines fully so your little one can take a nap.
-The edge of the seat is adjustable if your baby's feet/legs are not over the edge yet. It can be put in a straight up position, or kept straight out, or you can bend it downwards to ~45 degree's.
-It has a non-foam body bar so no pieces will come off if your baby decides to bite it. It is soft and bendable, so baby won't hurt self if he/she bends forward. It can come off fully with a push of a button. Nice part about it, is that it can stay on stroller when you close it up. It's also nice to attach toys to or for your little one to pull themselves up and hold on to.
-Wheel are great. Rides smooths. Turns nicely and you can turn it with one hand.
-The handles are nice and tall. I'm 5'7" and my husband is 6'2" and its great for us both. Also our feet don't hit the back wheels of the stroller like some of the others on the market.
-It comes with a cup holder for mommy and daddy that fits most.
-The basket under the seat is a nice size. Appropriate size for an umbrella stroller. It's easy to access, unless the seat is reclined. The stroller frame bars are out of the way of the basket, making it easy to access the basket.
-The fabric is washable.
-It's very easy to fold and lock. Also very easy to open.
- Can use this till my son is 55 lbs.
-It's very lightweight. Only weighing 15 lbs and has a rubber hand carrying strap when it's closed up.
-Fits in my Chevy Equinox trunk perfectly.
-Bought the J.L. Childress Gate Check Bag for traveling on the airplane at $9.29 and it fits perfect.
-Also bought the J.L Childress Side Sling Stroller Cargo Net for $9.99 and it fits perfect on the side. Doesn't drooped or interfere with the wheels. Good to hold baby's toys etc.

Anything I don't like about it.... NOTHING!!! Honestly I can't find anything, but will give an update in future on how it's doing. Overall it's a great purchase for the Amazon price of $149.99. We're happy and my son is happy and comfortable too. I'm very happy with my purchase, it's exactly what I was looking for. I would definitely recommend this umbrella stroller...
on April 14, 2013
We live in the suburbs and this mostly lives in my car trunk. So far we've used it on sidewalks for walks and in stores for our 9-month-old. Overall I'm very pleased with it.

Pros:

Folds and opens easily and quickly. It fits very well in the trunk of my Honda Civic.

Nice features, like a locking thing to keep it closed and a side handle for lifting. It also comes with a cup holder and rain cover.

4 recline options. My nap-hater fell asleep in this very quickly in the 3rd recline position. It's easy to adjust.

Belly bar. My son likes to put his feet up on this. I also clip toys to it. (It's not a tray, so you can't put food on it.)

Huge canopy. Has a big pocket on the back for keys/cellphone. Has a peep window although I find the wind often blows it closed when we're outside (velcro to hold it open would be nice).

Handles well, relatively smooth ride even on bumpy sidewalks.

Cons:

Price. Is it worth it for an umbrella stroller? This is our first stroller after the carseat caddy, so it's hard to tell. I'm hoping this will substitute for a more full-featured stroller. My husband is skeptical that it's worth the price.

The clips on the harness are a little hard to open. Not sure if it's poor-quality plastic or if my hands are just weak, but it's harder to squeeze than comparable harness clips.

Neutral:

Handle height. I'm 5 feet and they're a little high for me, so probably good for normal-sized people.
on December 3, 2013
Last year(October 2012), I had purchased the Chicco C6 Stroller, which is super light, easy for travel, and doesn't tip over when you take your child out and have a heavy backpack hanging on the handles. Initially, I loved the Chicco but as my daughter got older I realized that I needed a little more to a travel stroller. After comparing multiple strollers, I settled on this one. I purchased this stroller in August or September, and let. me. tell. you...I'm glad I did. I love this stroller and so does my 19 mo daughter! She loves it so much that she voluntarily gets into it to take a nap while we are out and about. This stroller had everything that I was looking for:

Pros:

-An almost full-reclining seat, which leads to longer naps. :o)
-Adjustable foot rest.
-Belly bar(My daughter doesn't like it, so I don't use it).
-High seat back for extra growing room(My daughter is on the tiny side for 19 mo. She is 19lbs and about 31". I believe she has about 8 to 10 inches of growing space).
-The HUGE sunshade(when my daughter is upright, she likes to have the sunshade all the way down so she can hide and put her feet in it).
-The handles are the right height for me(I'm 5'4") and my dad(who is 6'2") doesn't complain about kicking the wheels while he pushes his granddaughter around.
-The extra storage basket is nice too. Of course the basket loses storage space when the seat is reclined but that is expected.
-The cup holder is a nice add-on, but when you are vacationing with multiple adults you need more space. For that, I purchased the JL Childress Cups 'N Cargo Stroller Organizer(a lot easier than carrying around a backpack).
-Easy and smoothe maneuverability, even with one hand!
-Rear-wheel lock is easy to use.
-Easy to fold and store away.
-Free rain cover!

Cons:

-You do need to be careful of how much weight you hang on the handles. It WILL NOT tip while your little one is in it, but when you take them out...TIMBER! That is something I have yet to get used to but it doesn't bother me much.
-The front wheels need to be in a certain position in order to lock into place...a little annoying but no biggie.

Other notes:

I did add Skip Hop Memory Foam Stroller Liner for a little extra padding. However, when folding the stroller the extra pad kind of gets in the way. In order for the stroller to lock you have to tuck the sides of the pad into the stroller.

If you are looking for a great travel or even an everyday stroller, I definitely recommend this one!
on March 6, 2014
Sadly I haven't seen this stroller in the local shops for comparison. I bought it online so I had no idea of what was coming.
Cons.
1. The harness is so stiff, so difficult to use. I hardy can open or close it. It has a space where you clip it , where adult or a child can put a finger, which is very dangerous. Unfortunately no one wrote this before in reviews.
2. I kick the wheels when walking. That's why I have to lean to keep some distance which is very uncomfortable.
3. Not enough padded. I wouldn't keep too long my baby in this stroller.
4. It's hard to put a seat in a horizontal position. You need both hands for this.
Pros.
Overall the stroller is OK!. I like Mimosa colors. Canopy is good. The pocket is a nice feature.

If Inglesina would replace the harness I'd keep it!
on July 24, 2014
I really like this stroller a lot. The sun shade is great. It's really comfortable and easy to push. It suits me (I'm 5'2") and my husband (5'11") equally well. It feels very sturdy. It does take some time to get used to the two hand recline but that's not a problem. I highly recommend it.
on April 30, 2014
I like this stroller, took me a few minutes to really understand the directions for folding it close. I also for whatever reason expected the height to be short because I am a short lady 5'1 but the handles reach just a below my breast.
on October 21, 2013
I use to had a baby orbit g2 and it was very nice but very heavy, with this stroller I an very satisfied because my 8 month old baby love it it is very comfortable and you can recline it almost completely and is very simple to fold. Great product.
on October 16, 2013
This stroller is awesome!! The reclining options are great and it's very easy to use. this stroller is very comfortable to steer without hunching over. Everything I expected and well worth the cost. Highly recommend!!!
on October 6, 2013
I love my stroller! It fold up nicely, has a decent basket for an umbrella stroller, and has a great canopy that can completely block the sun! My friends have the Mclearan stroller and I like this one so much better when I compare it to theirs and the best part is it's about $50 cheaper! I've had it a few months and it still feels new...its a good quality stroller.