5.0 out of 5 stars Love love this chair for home and travel
Published on March 19, 2012 by Nannette Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Some inconveniences, but still a great product!
Here is the cool thing about this: You can attach it to pretty much any table and it takes up less room than a high chair. It is really cute and comfortable. I don't worry about her safety because it screws on the table securely and is high enough that she can't easily climb out of it. She really likes it and it is easy to put her in/out.

Here are the...
Published on July 5, 2012 by ncoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love this chair for home and travel, March 19, 2012
This review is from: Inglesina 2013 Fast Table Chair, Ibisco (Baby Product)
This is one of the most useful items I have bought. I bought it for my son (our first baby) at 7 months old as we were planning our first long trip. Really, it was so nice to have a chair with us for wherever we were, whether at a restaurant, or just at his greatgrandmother's house where there's zero baby equipment. We like to find local "hole in the wall" places to eat, and no matter what the old style of table we were at, this chair clamped right on. Easy to use (the screwing on/off of the clamps sometimes feels like it takes forever), easy to clean, comfortable. One reason I bought this over other similar style chairs was the amount of padding, the ability to remove the cover for washing (even a first time mom knows that is necessary for a baby item), the storage bag. We tried a chicco chair, the cool rotating one, but the clamp arms were soooo long, it did not work on any of our tables. This chair has worked on everything we've tried it on, including my breakfast bar which only has a 8" overhang. I have a regular freestanding highchair, and it got quickly packed away because this chair not only saves an incredible amount of space, it also lets our son actually be at the table with us. The only downfall was how easy it was to lose food between the edge of the table and his belly, the tray on a regular high chair is nice for that. But I recently bought the Summer Infant Tinydiner Place Mat with the little pouch, and it works great with this chair (a tip, use the fat paper clips or the small little black paper clamps to keep food pouch from sagging). Overall, one of the best baby items I have. We use it regularly in the house and decided to buy a second one for the car especially as summer comes and we'll be doing more picnicing and deck BBQs, this chair will be able to adapt to whatever table we're eating at.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute lifesaver, August 25, 2012
I have a smaller than normal baby (16 lbs @ 9 mo), who is eating full meals of solids. Once she started eating real foods entirely and not baby goo anymore, we started trying to figure out how to feed her on the go. First, restaurant high chairs are pretty much the worst thing ever. First, they were WAY too big - she always ended up slouching, no tray so food fell everywhere, depending on the place she may not even be able to reach the table so I'd end up hand-feeding her pieces at a time, which she hated. So, I went back to the drawing board and figured I'd get a hook-on. This one had the best reviews and was reasonably priced, so I gave it a shot.

First, the chair is just the right size and fits her perfectly - no more slouching baby, and she can reach the table quite well. Once you hook it on, the thing is rock solid and I haven't worried about safety. Having the carry bag built in was a stroke of genius, it so so easy to bring in somewhere, unpack and attach and then repack when done. The clamps can be super easy or a real pain depending on the angles you're working with - if you have enough space to get them spinning it can take mere moments to attach, but if you're working in tight quarters and had to open them wide you might be cursing the thing by the time both are firmly attached.

I also got the Tiny Diner, thinking the combo would be perfect to catch the fallout. Well, the Tiny Diner is too wide for the arms of this chair - so I've set it aside to try later. We tried putting the Tiny Diner wings under the clamps, but it seemed unstable and I didn't want to deal with it. We tried putting the wings over the clamps and baby (who isn't a big puller) pretty much flipped the Tiny Diner in about 10 seconds flat.

The system we ended up with has been perfect - we're using the Tommee Tippee placemat with suction, the sectioned plate, and the bib with a crumb-catcher. We hook the chair on with just enough room between the table and the front strap for the crumb-catcher, and hang it on the loosest setting around her neck so it sits between the table and the front strap. If baby eats well, everything ends up in the crumb-catcher. If not, well, it is a baby after all. :)

About a week after we started playing around with this thing, we had to go on an unexpected week-long plane trip out of town. We ate in restaurants or hotel breakfast areas exclusively for 6 days. Seriously, this system saved our hides. I can't imagine trying to get baby the nutrition she needed from real meals without this thing. We didn't find a single table anywhere that this didn't work out on. It fit easily in one side of our carry-on. Without it, I would have been, I dunno, hand-feeding her a bite at a time I guess since she couldn't reach a table from the high chair? It was so nice for her to go into so many different places and get so many different foods, but have her trusty chair and plate combo. She sat happily through family meals, and I got to eat and visit while she ate away. Mess was minimized, and even if we ate in our hotel room we had something for her to use.

This is pretty much the best thing I've bought for the baby in months. I had to convince myself it was worth buying something new that we might not use for that long, but this had already proved itself worth the price many times over.

UPDATE Dec 2012:
I still rave about this product. I've washed it in the washing machine (air-dried) and thrown it around the backseat and trunk of our car - good as new. Still haven't found a table it doesn't fit. Still get compliments wherever we go about how clever it is. A+!

3.0 out of 5 stars Some inconveniences, but still a great product!, July 5, 2012
This review is from: Inglesina 2013 Fast Table Chair, Ibisco (Baby Product)

Here are the frustrations: I was hoping we could travel with this this to restaurants, friends houses, etc. instead of using their high chairs but the install takes too long to be used for that purpose. I wish it had an easy snap-on feature, but there are long "screws" that you have to manually use to secure it, so it is not something that you want to regularly take on and off. Second, the material is not easy to clean like plastic is. Every couple of weeks I have to completely take it apart and wash it. Third, there is a pretty big gap between the chair and the table so when baby drops food, it falls on the floor rather than stays on a table or a tray. We lose a lot of food this way!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but won't work for our table, March 9, 2012
Emily Nowling (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I was really excited about this chair when I found it on Amazon. We have a counter-height table so we wanted an attachable high chair so our daughter could be at the same level as us. We looked at other brands, but unfortunately they would not work with our table for one of two reasons: 1) we have a 3 1/2" skirt around our table (which cancels out the Phil and Ted Lobster chair) and 2) we have a butterfly leaf (which means the Chicco chairs won't work). It appeared that this chair would work, but unfortunately we had to return it. We were able to attach this chair, and our daughter fits in it now (she's 6 months old), but as soon as she gets taller her knees would hit the skirt around the table.

I will say that it appeared this chair was of very high quality. It seemed very sturdy and well made. The material seemed like it would be easy to clean as well. If you have a table that works with this chair it would be a good buy. I think a table with up to a 2" skirt would work just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best! Only high chair we use, January 6, 2014
This review is from: Inglesina 2013 Fast Table Chair, Ibisco (Baby Product)
I LOVE this. We have been using it since before our daughter could sit unassisted but it works great with the belt buckled to help her sit up. When she was really little (12-14 pounds) we'd use a baby blanket behind and around her to fill up some of the extra space in the chair. She loves sitting at the table like a part of the family. We have taken it to restaurants and it has worked great every time and we've gotten lots of compliments on it. We originally got a Chicco which didn't fit on our table because of the really long arms. Also the Chicco is quite a bit bigger and she was just lost in it. Also looked at the Phil and Ted's version but it is a lot more expensive and won't fit on any table or counter with any sort of "lip" or skirting. This one fits on every table we've ever tried it on. Also we love the machine washable feature! Almost didn't get it because I saw a lot of negative reviews about how hard and time-consuming to mount it on the table it is and this just isn't true. Simple, quick and easy to put on any table and very easily portable. Perfect for our small house and great because there's nothing keeping her away from being right at the table with us. I would buy this again and consider it to be one of the few "must-have's". Totally recommend this to everybody!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!, April 10, 2012
I can't say enough about how great this seat is- it has changed mealtimes for the better for our family, both at home and when we go out.
First, it is incredibly easy to attach to tables, and it's light enough for us to take with us when we go out. Our 9-mo old is small and doesn't fit well in those wooden restaurant high chairs (we would inevitably end up passing her backand forth on our laps), so this is perfect. She very happily will sit through the meal now and eat along with us, in her own chair.
More importantly, our baby is so comfortable in this- it allows her to sit upright, close to the table. The seat is padded and the back is snug, but there is plenty of room for her as she gets bigger.
I use it at home, attached to the kitchen countertop, where she happily plays while I cook. I wasn't able to cook with her in the kitchen before because she lost patience in the regular high chair after about 5 min. Now, she is up at eye level and can see what's going on.
It is a quality product, obviously well made and sturdy. Convenient, portable, looks nice/stylish.
I never write reviews, but felt this warranted one because it has been such a game changer, making our lives much easier!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best baby gear purchase!!, May 8, 2012
CB (Kentucky) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inglesina 2013 Fast Table Chair, Ibisco (Baby Product)
This chair rocks! I read a TON of reviews on hook-on high chairs and crossed my fingers and purchased this one. I have not been so pleased with any baby gear purchase as I have been with this one! We have a counter height table and wanted our daughter to be able to sit WITH us at the table since we were allowing her to feed herself from the table from the beginning. Our table has a 3 1/2" skirt which this chair fits just fine, we just unscrew the chair legs all the way down and then attatch them to the bottom of the skirt and do not try to go under the skirt so the legs screw up to the table bottom. It is very sturdy and we feel very safe with our daughter sitting comfortably in this chair at mealtime. It easily unattaches from our table and travels with us anywhere we go. Our baby girl has always used this chair at restaurants and outings and it is super portable and handy. We LOVE our Fast and I recommend it to anyone looking to include their baby at mealtime, avoid icky public highchairs, save a ton of space compared to free standing high chairs, keep baby comfortable and safe. Our daughter is 15 months old currently and still loves her chair. The fabric is super easy to keep clean with some soapy water and a scrub brush too.
Buy it and you won't regret it!

ETA: It is July 2013 and we are still loving our Fast hook on high chair! It is being used by a second child now and still looks brand new. I must admit it got pretty stinky despite my best efforts scrubbing it at the sink so I took a deep breath and took it apart and tossed it in the washer. I hung it out to dry (pulled the bag from the bottom so it wouldn't mildew) and its pristine like the day I pulled it from the box! Instructions say not to do this and I'm not saying you should do it (often) but it certainly kept this chair at our table. We are on the search for a booster for our daughter and only wish we could find one we like as much as this chair! She still crawls up into this chair on occasion but at 2 1/2 is pretty wiggly to be suspended in the air attached to the table. I'm confident about the chair not letting go or slipping off, however, I'm not as sure about the table. This is an absolute must have! We love having baby right at the table with us joining in on the conversation!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT fit every table, not even close!, January 14, 2014
I read a lot of reviews and watched a bunch of reviews on youtube and found that a lot of people sung the praises of these chairs. I bought two for my boys and what do you know, not one table that I've tried YET (5 tables so far) have these worked on. The little loop is too narrow for any normal table. They now sit at the counter. We are keeping them because they work just fine for that, but it would have been nice if the boys could sit at the table. The little loop part is only about 3", so unless your table has no lip at all, these probably are only good for sturdy counters/bars.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can't believe I'm the first to review this AWESOME chair!, February 24, 2012
This review is from: Inglesina 2013 Fast Table Chair, Ibisco (Baby Product)
Ok, so our son isn't even here yet; however, since there are ZERO reviews on this product (I'm SHOCKED!), I simply cannot wait to write a review. I want ALL you moms and dads out there to have the opportunity to benefit from this AMAZING highchair choice.

We have a rather small dining area in our house. I wanted something for our son that would be comfortable for him without taking up any extra space. I also really didn't like the look or idea of the typical highchairs with their large statures and cumbersome trays keeping babies far away from the table. This chair answered all our prayers AND THEN SOME! Before I forget, I LOVE that it fits inside our booth type table. Our little guy will be able to sit in-between mommy and daddy rather than far away from our table.

On top of it being eye catching (we got the red one and it's beautiful), it is very easy to install AND take down, thus making it a portable chair as well. That's right... you can take this to the grandparents as well as restaurants etc.

It is far superior in the padding department as well. The seat is super comfy (sturdy hard bottom with nice padding on top for baby's bum). The back and sides are also padded. The top bar is doubly cushioned making this seat's comfort unsurpassable in my opinion. The seat bottom is the same dark charcoal color as the arms. The buckle is just tough enough to keep the little guys and gals from being able to undo themselves, yet not frustrate the parents. It also has a red (matching whatever seat color you choose) flap that velcro-closes over the buckle so no pinched fingers!

I seriously set this up in under a minute and it fits our rather thick table top (about 2 1/2" thick) with plenty of room left to grow.

The pocket on the back of the chair is great for bib storage or if on the go, a spoon and a few dishes perhaps.

As if all of the above characteristics weren't enough...Inglesina did us one more HUGE favor. They ATTACHED the handy carry bag TO the chair. It folds up nicely and is kept under the seat. WOW!!! These guys are geniuses! Do yourself and your child a favor, BUY THIS CHAIR!

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, but hard to keep clean., March 16, 2014
This little chair is great. My 18 mo. old loved it from day one and was happy to move from the old chair-mounted high chair she occupied previously.

Why it's great:
- We like that it's off the floor so it's one less chair to sweep around which can be especially difficult with messy kids throwing food in all directions
- We also like that it's easy to get on and off. It take maybe 30 seconds to remove or attach the chair once assembled, which is great. (except when cleaning the chair fabric... see comments below)
- We've never taken it anywhere, but it folds up nicely and would be a great chair for taking to Grandma's or maybe to a restaurant, as long as the table you're attaching it to is sturdy.

Why it's not so great:
- The buckle is a little hard to do up. After I plop my daughter in, unless she patiently sits back (which has yet to happen) then it's a minor struggle to get her shirt and belly pushed back so I can squeeze the buckles together without pinching any skin. I find that it's a little easier if I do up the little Velcro cover around the buckle before I put her in the seat. It's pretty minor and I'm not sure how the design could have been modified to avoid it--buckles have to be tight to help. But, it's something that isn't as easy as you might hope.
- This thing gets dirty pretty quickly. We use this with our 18 month old who tends to get messy hands while eating. Then as she's sitting there, she'll put her hands on the sides of the chair while trying to turn around or she'll get spaghetti sauce between her legs or who knows what else to get this thing messy. With the plastic high-chair we used previously, a wet rag easily tidied things up, but this fabric is a little harder to keep clean. The cover can be removed and we've washed it using the 'hand wash' setting on our washing machine, after which it looked good as new, but you have to completely disassemble the thing to get the cover off and wash it. It's not practical for us to do that after every meal. So, if you're a clean freak who must disinfect the whole high chair after every meal, you may lose some sleep over this one.

Bottom line I would, and have recommended this to friends. I like it and it's worth the minor 'issues' I mentioned above.

Inglesina 2013 Fast Table Chair, Ibisco