Inglourious Basterds (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The video and sound quality is excellent and I have no complaints about that. But I have to give this 4 stars instead of 5, because, I just don't get some of the "marketing lingo" on this package:
* This version does NOT include a running commentary. None at all (not director, not actors, not cinematographer, nothing). To me this is really odd -- it seems that almost all DVDs released in the last 10 years have had some sort of commentary track. Especially with a Tarantino movie, this seems like something you really WANT to have.
* I think this is the only Blu-ray version available right now. It includes the "digital copy" but that is just a lower-res copy of a movie with DRM, nothing wrong with getting that with it, but that is one of the TWO discs in the "Special Edition"
* If this is the only one available, and it doesn't include stuff like a commentary, what makes the Marketing people put the "Special Edition" tag on it? I guess because it comes with the low-res copy, see previous item...
* Other info on the package is misleading too. It says under "Additional Features:" "The original Inglorious Bastards." This might lead one to conclude that it includes the original movie (and there would be plenty of room for an SD copy of a movie on a Blu-ray disk. This feature is just a 10-minute summary of the movie and discusses it's relation to the new movie. A nice feature worth watching, but I think the way it is named as a feature is misleading.
* Minor thing: They put a sticker about "Includes Digital Copy" on the metallic-printed cardboard sleeve.Read more ›
And now, wonderfully, in INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS, he's introduced the American viewer to some stellar European actors, namely Melanie Laurent and particularly Christoph Waltz, now an easy favorite for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar.
Tarantino also frequently tries the patience of his viewers with his rococo dialogue and insistence on constantly reminding us that we're watching a movie. In PULP FICTION, all his "habits" were fresh and new to most viewers (because, really, how many of us had seen RESERVOIR DOGS before we saw FICTION?), but over time, we learned that Tarantino was often just a little too pleased with his own screenwriting and often too pleased with his own directing. In a completely off-the-wall piece like the priceless KILL BILL films, everything worked to form a crazy-quilt whole. In INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS, he's too clever for his own good at times.
BASTERDS tells the completely untrue story of how World War II might have ended had a group of bloodthirsty, highly trained American Jews been allowed to infiltrate Nazi occupied France with no mission other than to take Nazi scalps.Read more ›
Now here's why you may not like this quite as much as I did and why my wife absolutely HATED it.
What most expected from this movie:
1- Gore, action, and more gore and more action
2- A story that follows the Basterds as they wreak havoc on Hitler's army
3- Maybe a few subtitles as the film does take place in France after all
4- Classic Quentin Tarantino comedic dialogue
What the film actually is:
1- A character driven story HEAVY on dialogue and other than the last 20 minutes extremely light on action with a couple pretty graphic gory bits tossed in. The last 20 minutes is extremely graphic and violent.
2- The story largely follows the young Jewish girl/woman who escapes the opening scene. The Basterds are just kind of there as an afterthought because they are planning to blow up the same theater.
3- This film is conservatively speaking about 80% subtitled and spoken either in German or French.
4- The only part that is really funny (and it is hilarious) is Brad Pitt "speaking" Italian so poorly that Helen Keller could have picked him out as the American in the crowd.
I've read negative reviews about how this film is "war porn" and diminishes U.S. veterans in some way, but this couldn't be further from the truth.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Hans Landa... one of the best, original villains ever imagined. He literally steals ever scene he is in. Well deserved Oscars for Mr. Read morePublished 6 hours ago by phillip
Great movie. You will hate the bad guys and root for the good guys!Published 19 hours ago by M. Hernandez
Quentin Tarantino has long been criticized for the violent nature of his movies. Tarantino has stood by his films and sometimes just avoided questions targeted at the amount of... Read morePublished 4 days ago by D. Waterman
First off, I was under impression that this film was based on a true story. It's not!! Complete fiction. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Andrew
Follow along with Brad Pitt and his rag tag army of inglorious bastards! They're full of spit and vinegar and ready to give Hitler and his Nazi's their due. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Joe Ankenbauer
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|How do I download this movie to my PC??||
how do I download my bought movies to computer so I wont have to be on internet to watch
Feb 28, 2015 by klb1963 | See all 4 posts
|What does the Digital Copy 'expires on 12/31/10' mean?||
You have 1 year to download the copy. After that, the code expires and you've got nothing. Once you download it, however, you're good to go. The download doesn't expire. Not sure why the ability to download it expires, but it does.
Jan 21, 2010 by Hunk Golden | See all 6 posts
|Special Edtion Features||
All three editions of Inglourious Basterds include:
* Extended & Alternate Scenes
* Nation's Pride - The film within the film Inglourious Basterds can be seen it its entirety
* Domestic and International Trailers
Both the Two-Disc Special Edition and Blu-ray(TM) also come... Read More
Nov 28, 2009 by Ron2900 | See all 5 posts
|Will this be a real 2-disc BD, or are they counting the "digital copy"...||
no the second disc is just a digtal copy
Nov 24, 2009 by Emma M. Mitchell | See all 16 posts
|Can the subtitles be shut off?||
why would u want 2?
Mar 27, 2014 by Natemedeiros | See all 3 posts
|it will not play! spent money to "rent" and nothing! i am pissed!||Be the first to reply|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Digital Copy
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Military & War
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Drama