Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 5 Ingredient Fix: Easy, Elegant, and Irresistible Recipes
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 26, 2010
I just received this book a couple of days ago and I love it! The layout is very nice and across the top of the page of every recipe the five ingredients are listed, so that you can quickly flip through the cookbook and have an overview of the ingredients used. So far I have made:

Rosemary-Parmesan Shortbread - so delicately delicious and addictive, great with wine and I even had a few the next day with my coffee. My son kept finding his way back to the pantry to sneak some extras.

Asian Beef Roll-ups - very flavorful (but I confess I did not roll them up), the next day my husband put the leftovers in a hotdog bun and topped them with the braised red cabbage and loved it that way too. I do think I will grill the flank steak whole next time and slice it after it's cooked. Those thin slices cooked way too fast and came close to being more like beef jerky, but that has more to do with my skills than the recipe. I also think I'll will double the sauce (so good!) and try to use it in different dishes.

Braised Red Cabbage - this was good, but next time I will try to get my helping first instead of last, the crumbled bacon over the top definitely got people's attention! Not too mention the yummy smell of maple ("I smell syrup and bacon!" was heard a few times while I cooked this).

Can't wait to cook some more recipes today!
on March 9, 2011
I am so glad that I purchased this cookbook; although I needed another cookbook like I need another arm! First, a little about me: I'm an experienced cook who loves to cook. I love being in my kitchen and watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. But as a very busy mother I like and need recipes that save time but that are economical (especially now) and that are really flavorful. I like to present food that is comforting, easy, elegant. I don't want to spend all day in the kitchen and miss out on all the fun but I want "knock your socks off" food. The recipes in this cookbook deliver all those things. It's easy, fun, and flavorful. Try the beef and onion stuffed potatoes and I swear you will never go back. It's one of the best recipes for beef I've ever tasted. And it's so simple. Simple is good; simple is better. The chapters are beautifully presented as is the food. This is a beautiful cookbook and as I said all of the recipes will impress you. I also like the menu planning section at the end. It is extremely useful for busy cooks. I also really like the sidebar comments -- they are really useful and informative and don't detract at all from the 5 ingredient concept. It's just a useful suggestion. Most of the ingredients for the recipes can be found at any local grocery store -- no special trips to the store (b/c gas prices just couldn't be worse could they?!). Anyway, when I want simple and elegant, this is the cookbook I will use over and over again. Forgive me but to heck with The Pioneer Woman; don't waste your $$ with that one -- the recipes are terrible and the whole story is a scam. Run out and buy this cookbook instead -- it's the real deal. Love Love Love it!
VINE VOICEon October 17, 2010
Yum.

Okay, in all seriousness, yum.

It takes a true genius to come up with Baked Ricotta with Stewed Cherries and make it okay to eat for breakfast! It was seriously just like cheesecake. I love this...

I'm not a huge fan of Claire Robinson's show (I get annoyed easily by cooking show hosts) but I love her philosophy and style. She's French school trained, yet makes things so simple!

The Buttermilk Pecan Chicken was so easy and delish! It's now on my monthly rotation of meals to cook. I cheated a bit though and used a jarred sauce for the noodles which go with it (and added broccoli since I felt we needed a veg with dinner). But oh...I'm enjoying this book. There are little snippets on each page of "What makes this recipe really sing" and "What to toss in if you have it" that are nuggets of information from the author and it's really a great cook book. I'm looking forward to making more recipes from it in the weeks to come!

I received a copy of the book from Hachette Book Group in return for an honest review. No additional compensation has been received and I was not required to write a positive review.
VINE VOICEon December 7, 2010
44 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2010
Claire's KISS philosophy (Keep It Simple Stupid) is right up my alley. I like that the recipes deliver quickly and without fuss. I made brown butter banana muffins using up ripe bananas I had stored in freezer. I also made an Edamame hummus (like chickpea) to use up edamame (soybeans) wasn't sure what to do with it. I also made ricotta spaetzle, a nice surprise, b/c I had a spaetzle recipe I liked, but this one is better--very delicate and tender. (Altho' a colander is usually suggested for this, it helps to have a spaetzle maker or a food mill so 'drops' of batter fall into the pot of water easily). The Polenta Fries came out brown and crispy, then dipped into tomato sauce (made mine spicy)--fast, easy, very good! There are many pics in this book which help to inspire. The picture of Prosecco Gelatin Parfait in see-thru trifle cups w/ whipped cream between is calling my name. (Jello for grown-ups--will make that one for sure!). These recipes are elegant and, to my mind, innovative--yet fast and simple. Even though I have countless cookbooks on my shelf, I am glad I bought this one too.
on November 9, 2010
5 Ingredient Fix is full of great cooking tips and easy-to-prepare meals. The Rosemary-Parmesan Shortbread is so delicious! It has been my favorite thing to fix for the past week. Yeah, I've already made it three times. This would make the perfect gift for the food-lover in your life.
on October 21, 2010
I don't like to cook, or grocery shop, but I love to eat delicious food so thank God I finally found this book. For those of us in need of extra time, a yummy dinner and extra instruction this book is a gift from heaven.
on October 12, 2010
5 Ingredient Fix: Easy, Elegant and Irresistible is written by the new uprising star of the Food Network, Claire Robinson. This cookbook simply helps you put great and delicious food on your table quickly. So, being a hectic mom always running from work, daycare and life, I was thrilled to receive this book as to conduct this review.

5 Ingredient Mix compiles some beautiful recipes using five ingredients or less. The recipes in the book are easy, affordable and quick. What else could I ask for? This cookbook, as it saves a lot of time out of the kitchen, simply works for me. The dishes do not look plain but, simply appear to be exquisite and tasteful. These recipes prove that in order to have a beautiful, lavish meal does not equal long hours in the kitchen.

The book itself is sectioned out in parts categorizing meals from breakfast, appetizers, drinks, main meals to side dishes, desserts and treats. The choices and variety are endless. Robinson also explains her 5 Ingredient philosophy indicating that cooking should be fun, easy, affordable and healthy. She also adds a personal letter to her readers as well as a section informing her readers on what utensils they should have in the kitchen for successful cooking. So, with a quick trip to the supermarket, picking up a small bag of groceries, you can have a restaurant-like dinner on your table in no time. I can't wait to try these recipes but, with the simple cooking in the short time it takes, I am already happy.
on February 27, 2014
Love the book and love Claire.

My wife and i were late adopters to the 5 ingredient fix show on the food network. I'm so disappointing to see that it's no longer airing new episodes. Hers was the only food network show we would watch on a religious basis (even if they were reruns but new to us). We have made about a dozen of her recipes and a majority of them come out just as delicious as you were anticipating.

I particularly love the 5 ingredient part because for an amateur on a budget (like myself) it's easy to get overwhelmed or over budget when you see a recipe with a dozen or more ingredients and just as many steps. My only criticism is that a couple of the ingredients can be a bit difficult to find and/or straight up expensive. I would say that most people i know don't have an assortment of infused olive oils or a fresh herb garden out back. I understand that when you're working with such few ingredients you want to get double duty out of one ingredient and that's fine for TV but it's just not as practical for myself.

That being said i would highly recommend this cook book & her show. The food network should offer her another show...
on November 29, 2011
I recently purchased this book for myself and as a gift. So far I have only made the chicken with pecan and panko, the mac n cheese, and one dessert. They were all easy to make and tasted great. Some of the recipes have some ingredients that are not everyday pantry items, but seem doable for even an inexperienced cook such as myself!! I also love the whole chapter on cocktails!! :-) This would be a good gift for a beginner or an experienced cook.