5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product - when you've got the right size.
Published 11 months ago by Janny

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me
Published on February 12, 2012 by llll

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product - when you've got the right size., March 22, 2014
This review is from: Ingrid & Isabel Women's Maternity Everyday Bellaband (Apparel)
When I was first pregnant with my eldest, they didn't have anything like this and I was in clunky and mostly ugly maternity clothes, because I'm way too cheap to buy the "expensive" stuff that will only get a years worth of use out of it! With my 2nd, 2 1/2 years later, I found the Bellaband and whew. I love it. I'm in the process of buying another one for my current pregnancy because as we creep into warmer weather here in Maine, baggy clothing can't hide the fact that my pants just don't fit like they should.

Now, what size should you get?! Let me help.

If you have a tiny shape with zero hips --
Size 1 fits pre-preggo pants size 0 - 8
Size 2 fits size 10 - 14
Size 3 fits size 16 - 22
Size 4 fits 24+

If you have curvy hips but a smaller waist, plan on a sizing up a bit...
Size 1 fitting 0 - 6,
size 2 = 8 - 12,
size 3 = 14 - 20,
size 4 = 22+

and if you're pregnant with multiples, go up even further;
Size 1 = 0 - 2
Size 2 = 4 - 8
Size 3 = 10 - 16
Size 4 = 18+

For hands-on reference, I'm 5'3, 140lbs (non-pregnant) and fall right between size 8 & 10 depending on the pants (I have them childbearin' hips), so I bought a size 2. It works fantastically. Enough give and stretch to the material to make it comfortable but sturdy enough to keep my belly supported and keep my pants from falling down. (With my first pregnancy I gained 30lbs, with my 2nd I gained 23lbs, and so far I'm 25 weeks and change and have gained 18lbs -- the bellaband stretches with you!)

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG what a lifesaver!!, September 24, 2012
As my review says these things have been a lifesaver during my entire first trimester. For some strange reason I gained a lot of weight really fast and I could still fit my pants, but couldn't button them. Even though it was still early on in my pregnancy, some days I found myself bloated beyond belief. Anyway, TMI, the point is these things helped me to stay in my pants into my 2nd trimester without buying bigger close so fast. I just used the rubber band trick I learned online (put your jeans on and use a rubberband around the button, through the loop, and then around the button again) and then I pulled one of these bands down over the top of my pants to cover the fact that I (a) couldn't button my pants and (b) that I was using a rubber band. Sometimes they did roll up, but maybe around 10% of the time and only if I pulled the band down too far or wore certain types of soft pants. They stayed put with my jeans. they also have a little plastic/rubber band material on the inside that helps them stay in place so make sure this part is at the bottom. When you purchase them, the bottom band is stuck together. It doesn't rub off, get stuck to clothes, and you can't really feel it at all.

Like some other consumers, I was reluctant to purchase these as they are expensive and HELLO if you're like me, you probably want more than one to match different outfits and such. Well I ordered one in black, wore it to work a few days and then immediately ordered more in other colors. Even when they are not holding my pants sometimes I like to wear them because my tummy on certain days felt like it was pulling away from my body (just the stretching I guess?). This helped me to feel tucked in and held my stomach just slightly in a very comfy way (In the beginning I was feeling like my stomach was uncomfortably hanging over the top of my pants). I have some spanx type camisoles and these DO NOT hold that tight which is perfect.

P.S. I'm a size 8-10 and I got a size 2. I'm not sure if these will last through my entire pregnancy but they definitely made me feel less insecure about my getting bigger but not so pregnant looking stomach in the beginning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, January 9, 2012
Jackie "Jackie" (Champaign IL United States) - See all my reviews
I've got a couple different versions of this type of band, and this one works very well. I prefer the dark colors like black, because with the white/light colors, it's a lot easier to see that your pants are unzipped. I think it actually fits a little large, but I guess that really is individual, depending on how your body carries the baby. I'm about 5 months now, and have been using this for about two months. Still plenty stretchy, but lots of room to grow still. Also, it tends to ride up in the back (like other brands) when you bend over. Using "pocket dots" can help with this problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy ...wish I had this with my last two pregnancy!, January 12, 2015
Mrs. Gomez 05 "mgomez05" (southern california, USA) - See all my reviews
Comfortable and doesn't slide! Can use my pre pregnancy jeans much longer!

Size chart would be helpful in product details.

5.0 out of 5 stars best purchase throughout my preganancy, December 18, 2013
i am 36 weeks and still using my bellaband. purchased at 12 weeks pregnant. im still using my pre pregnancy jeans with no problem. i am 5,10 and weighed 143 size 9 jeans before pregnancy and the size 2 worked perfectly for me. Love it!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, February 12, 2012
I read a lot of reviews on this before trying. Some people love it, others hate it. I did not like it. It didn't hold my pants up. I tried using it with my pre-pregnacy pants and found it uncomfortable, b/c in order for the pants to lay flat I had to tuck the corners in. It just wasn't comfortable. Not to mention after chasing a 2 year old around for about 5 minutes, they were falling down. I also tried using this over my maternity pants to help those stay up as well. And it didn't work either. I gave it a shot, but it wasn't for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, February 29, 2012
I hesitated buying this due to the mixed reviews and the fact that this is my first pregnancy and I wasn't sure where to begin when it came to maternity clothing! I bought this at 3 months pregnant and it was great then and is still great now at 6 months. It allows me to wear my pre-pregnancy pants (stll!) and also helps my maternity pants stay up. This item has really been the best pregnancy purchase I have made yet - I highly recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars difficult for hourglass figures, December 14, 2012
At 11 weeks pregnant, I started having difficulty buttoning my pants, and this seemed like a smart solution for early pregnancy and late post-baby recovery. the quality of the item is quite good - a nice smooth knit with plenty of stretch. However, I have 3 issues which led to returning it after trying to wear it once.

1. I could not get the band to stay low on my pants - it kept riding up. At one point, I'm pretty sure it exposed my unbuttoned and partially unzipped fly. Not appealing! Having to constantly re-adjust it after getting up from a seated position was also a pain.

2. The fit seemed very tight for something that claims to be useful through a pregnancy. I was a solid size 2 pre-pregnancy, which places me in the middle of the small size using their chart. I found the band very constricting at 11 weeks and can't imagine it being comfortable in the second trimester or later.

3 the silicone band (a feature of the "new" model) collected random bits of fuzz and dust through the day and became ineffective, contributing to the rolling-up problem. My pants were clean jeans, not corduroy or another fuzzy fabric which might shed a lot.

I talked with several other women with hourglass figures, and they have similar problems with belly bands in general. If your shape is different, this might be a good solution but keep in mind that pregnancy also leads to expanding hips and rear in many cases, so maternity pants may become a must.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves it, March 26, 2012
Ordered this for my pregnant wife. She loves it, holds up her jeans and some work pants just as advertised. However, ladies you may experience some minor sweating if you sit in one place for too long. Maybe a future one will use a slightly better fabric that breathes a little easier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as described, January 10, 2013
shopperooni (California, US) - See all my reviews
Before pregnancy, I was a size 2X on top and 20-22 on bottom [...]. I bought a size 3 BellaBand, and at 31 weeks through my first pregnancy, it's just getting to be a little tight, but I still use it.

I've used this band for 3 purposes so far:

1. Hold up pre-pregnancy pants (works well! I never felt like they would fall down).
2. Worn over my full-band maternity jeans, under a white t-shirt. The jeans have a dark blue band, but the nude BellaBand hid it perfectly under a snug white shirt.
3. Extra support. When the maternity jeans feel a little loose, or I just want to feel like I have extra belly support, I've put this on over my maternity pants.

I don't think #3 is a good reason to buy this band, but since I had it, I used it. I also have an actual support band, but this BellaBand is somewhere in-between that and nothing, in terms of support.

I washed the BellaBand in a mesh delicates bag, and dried it with my other laundry. There was no noticeable shrinkage or damage done to the tacky strip along the bottom of the band. Good quality.

My minor pet peeve with this thing is that you have to pull it on like a snake skin, over your head or legs. And when you go to the bathroom, you have to pull it up and it's a little tight when it's all bunched up below your chest. That's not really an issue with the product, but more a complaint about pregnancy and the need for things like this.

Ingrid & Isabel Women's Maternity Everyday Bellaband