Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Video Game|Change

on November 12, 2013
This game actually runs pretty well (60fps!), just like its console counterparts. While the graphics are definitely not the best on the Vita, it looks okay (I mean, you'll be focusing more on the fight and not your player's outfit). Not the best, but not the worst either.

Game also comes with a download voucher for the "INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us - The Album". NOT the original score, but the one with actual music artists, such as Depeche Mode, Rise Against, etc.

Definitely worth purchasing if you're a fan of this game, especially since it comes with EVERYTHING. All characters, 60 new S.T.A.R. Lab missions (for the DLC characters), and ALL the skins (and yes, even the iOS-exclusive skins, like the Batman Beyond skin everyone likes so much).
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on November 12, 2013
This game is awesome nice graphics a lot of content to play and a lot of secrets to discover this games is a must by for ps vita gamers and console contrepar.
on November 15, 2013
I loved and owned the original version for the PS3. So i thought it would be nice to have an on the go version of the game, with the included extras the Ultimate Version offers instead of rebuying it for the PS3.

Unlike Street fighter vs Tekken for the Vita, which the graphics are a perfect match between the console version and the vita version, the graphics in the vita version of Injustice are sub par compared to the PS3 version. But if I had to compare it between Mortal Kombat for the PS3 vs Vita for graphics, I'd say Injustice is a step above that. The graphics are still pretty decent, but don't expect the beauty of the console version to shine through on this one.

Also, the game begins to grind on certain stages, making game play very slow. I was a little disappointed with this. It was pretty bad on the final battle (in battle mode) against Superman. But it also happened on other stages as well.

The soundtrack is just as amazing as the original, but best played with headphones. The controls were surprisingly very responsive and easy to play on the Vita. Though, my hand began to cramp after 10-15 minutes of playing. I'd recommend playing this game with a hand grip such as the Niko battery powered hand grip.

This game has a lot of content and is worth the full price I'd say. I hope they release a patch that will remove the slow down.

I also wish it had the ability to utilize saved game progress from the PS3 version. I was in the process of unlocking a lot of the content on the PS3 version and would have loved to pick up where I left off on the go instead of having to unlock and level up from the beginning all over again.

If you love fighters, this game is top notch.

If you never played it or own the original, I would recommend buying the ultimate version for the PS3. If you do own the original, and want all the extras, then I'd probably either recommend selling your original version to get the PS3 version, or do what I did and get the PS vita if you want the flexibility to be able to play this on the go.
on November 17, 2014
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is a fighting game developed by NetherRealm Studios, the makers of Mortal Kombat. It's a 1 on 1 fighting game that puts characters in the DC Universe against each other. The similarites to MK are quite abundant, and this isn't a bad thing, if you are a fan of MK.

The control is simple and fluid. You have your standard punches and kicks. There are easy combos you can pull off, and each character has their own set of special moves. Super moves are pulled off by pressing L and R at the same time. No fancy button combinations to input, just simple and effective. You can interact with the environments such as throwing items in the background at your opponent, or by slamming your opponent through the wall, leading to an entirely new area.

There are a total of 30 characters to choose from, ranging from well-known like Batman and Super-Man, to more obscure such as Ares, Zod, and DeathStroke. Scorpion is playable, from the Mortal Kombat universe, and this is a great surprise. He fits in great with the roster and is a blast to play as. His intro video shows him about to perform a Fatality on Sub-Zero, as he is suddenly transported to the DC World. It's great to see this collaboration for long-time MK fans.

Each character is unlocked from the start of game, and all of their costumes are also available. Each character has a number of different outfits, ranging from 2 to 6. It offers a nice bit of variety for your matches. There are 15 different levels to fight on, iconic areas from the DC Universe such as The Batcave, Gotham City, Wayne Manor, and Atlantis.

The game is also quite bloody and violent. I'm surprised it passed by with a Teen rating. The game features a Story Mode, in which there are 2 alternate universes that come together. It's the fight against an evil Super-Man, trying to make a New World Order basically. The cutscenes are vivid and quite enjoyable, and I didn't skip any of them. The story actually draws you in. You just run through various fights, and it can be completed in 4 or 5 hours.

The graphics look great. There was no slowdown, and the Vita does a great job at running this game as it was meant to be seen. The character's voices are all done very well, and the music is dark, like what you would expect in the DC Universe.

The game features a ranking system, where you level up with experience points. You get XP after every match you win, and it's very satisfying to rank up to a new level. You can go all the way to 100. Your level among all your other fighting stats are found on your Hero Card, which you can customize with a different background and avatar. I've got an evil Jack-O-Lantern on mine, and I thought this was a fun way of making your profile unique. There are lots of avatars and backgrounds to unlock by completing certain conditions in the game as well. The game tells you exactly what to do to unlock these. This Hero Card of yours is also what other players would see when they fight you online, but I'm more interested in the single player content.

There are also 300 different STAR Labs missions for you to beat. These are just like the Challenge Tower in Mortal Kombat. Basically every fight has a handicap against you, and you must overcome this and beat the computer. These are very challenging, much more so than the Story Mode. But this offers a LOT of replayability, as it will take a long time to complete them all.

Then we have the Archives Mode. You unlock Armory Keys in the game, and you use them in this mode to unlock character concept artwork, music, and other extras such as Hero Card Portrait Packs. This is very similar to the Krypt in Mortal Kombat, so again you've got even more replayability.

There is an iOS version of Injustice, which seems to be very popular among users, and it is used to unlock exclusive content in the console versions of Injustice. However, since there is no way to link it up to the Playstation Vita version, all of the iOS exclusive content is already unlocked from the start. This is not true in the other Ultimate versions of this game on different platforms, so this in effect makes the Vita version the only true Ultimate edition of this game.

Overall, this game is great. It's so fun and simple to play, with a ton of content and different things to unlock. This is easily one of the best fighting games on the Vita. Buy it.
on February 16, 2014
Here's a strange one. I can appreciate Injustice: Gods Among Us on Vita. It's beautiful. It's fluid. Plays well. But it's basically a street fighter / Mortal Kombat kind of fighting game with cool characters and graphics. If you like that then you'll absolutely love this game.

The hitch is that it confirmed what I was feeling, that I'm tired of the 2D fighting games. I still enjoy the Virtual Fighter/Dead Or Alive grappling style games, but just couldn't get into Injustice. I love the DC universe as well but maybe I'm just at a burn-out period of these 2D fighting games. It's very possible that years of playing Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and other Capcom have jaded me. But I'm not about to ding Injustice: Gods Among Us for my own disposition.

I really wanted to love Injustice: Gods Among Us but I couldn't. So if you love these style fighting games and the DC universe then this is the game for you. If you're not a fan of fighting games or this style of fighting games then just loving DC comics won't make you love this game. It's still a fighting game at it's heart and you can't change someone's heart.

Highly recommended for fans of the genre. For grappling fans you probably should try Dead Or Alive or get Tekken from the Playstation store online.
on January 25, 2014
Fun game! Looks and plays great on the Vita. Nice to see the DC universe well represented in this great fighting game. Love the story mode.
on October 14, 2014
Joker still rules the world. I inserted this game into my Vita and I have not took it out yet. The graphics are the best I ever seen on a 21st century handheld. Game play is out of this world and very addicting. The only thing left to say is buy it and get hooked. Like joker says "You're Fired.
on March 26, 2014
I played the mobile version first and it made me want to buy the console version and it was well worth it. It is a great game on the VITA. I love how the main story mixes fighting with telling the story. It almost like taking control of a comic as it plays out. The graphics are really good and the roster of characters is huge.
on November 12, 2013
the game wasn't bad some people might not like it because the graphics aren't pretty good but it doesn't matter what matters is that the game came on PS Vita
on December 6, 2014
I picked up Injustice: Gods Among Us for the Vita during a Sony sale for $4.20. As luck would have it, in January, that's going to be a free game on Playstation Plus. But that doesn't matter, since recently I was on a flight that gave me enough time to play through the story mode on the game.

Injustice is a fighting game. For me, that usually is a very frustrating genre, since my fingers and reflexes are not what they once were, and even at my best I wasn't very good at them. This was confirmed for me when I had several tries to do some combos during the tutorial and couldn't make many of them consistently. I don't know to what extent that's because the Vita's buttons are tiny, and that I just suck.

Nevertheless, I went into the story mode and to my surprise the game's set not to be frustratingly difficult! In fact, I think I got through about 30% of the game before I felt the need to turn down the difficulty from "medium" to "easy", which is an unusual experience for me.

The story is pretty good for an excuse for superheroes to beat up on each other. It involves parallel dimensions and an out of control Superman who decides to take over the world. To the game's credit, the story mode doesn't provide ridiculous situations such as Batman beating up Superman in hand to hand combat. (You can do that in the classic battle mode) Each character has signature moves and interesting things to do with the environment, and the story is compelling enough to keep me playing and drain most of the Vita's battery on a 6 hour flight, and the next day my thumbs were still sore.

After you're done with the story, there are still additional content that don't have full cut scenes, but still provide a challenge for the player who wants more. After about 3-4 of those missions it got really hard so I stopped. There's also an on-line versus mode. I have not tried the online mode since I was on the plane when playing this game.

The graphics are pretty, and the Vita definitely gets hot while you're playing indicating that the CPU is pushing very hard. While not a purchase for the full price, I'd recommend it at any price below $10 or you could just wait for PS Plus on your Playstation 4 in January.