5.0 out of 5 stars Love These Pens!!
Published on September 10, 2011 by Surfer Ed

2.0 out of 5 stars interesting but needs more work
Published on January 14, 2012 by temeculapens

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These Pens!!, September 10, 2011
This review is from: InkJoy 300 RT Retractable Ballpoint Pens, Medium Point, Black Ink, 12-Pack (Office Product)
I got one of these pens in a teacher's sample bag a few weeks ago. It's a really fancy looking pen that writes very smoothly and is inexpensive. I've never experienced a pen that writes so easily. It also writes immediately and doesn't need any scratching to get it started. The rubber grip is nice and sticky so you don't have to hold it as tight as other pens. The wide barrel is a plus as well. This is my new favorite pen!

2.0 out of 5 stars interesting but needs more work, January 14, 2012
I tested both the 300 and 700 series and found that they had different refills with both having an issue of smearing if you apply normal ballpoint pressure. The 700 series was better than the 300 and was acceptable if you apply gel or fountain pen pressure when writing. This pen is suppose to be marketed as both a 1.0mm Medium and 1.4mm Bold but I have not been able to find the Bold anywhere and suspect that papermate knows about the blotching issue which is caused by the low viscosity ink and is not releasing it. smart choice as my guess is that it would be a mess.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE them, but..., April 14, 2013
I absolutely LOVE the Ink Joy pens. I use the retractable version at work and the stick pens at home. They write very smoothly and are extremely comfortable in my hand. The only reason I am not giving them 5 stars is below...

The biggest problem I have with them is that they fall apart. The case unscrews itself, and the bottom falls off. I move around a lot at work and often don't even notice this has happened until I'm ready to use the pen. It's a little frustrating at times. The same thing seems to happen when left in a purse or other bag. I look for a pen, but find only parts. If Paper Mate can kind a way to keep them together, I would definitely change my rating to *****.

I've read a similar statement from another Ink Joy reviewer, so I know I am not the only one this is happening to. Have my fingers crossed that this will get fixed soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much ink smearing, November 1, 2011
I just bought a pack of these pens. Just wanted to try something different. Was surprised how smooth and easy it is to write with at first. But after using it for a couple of days the pen started to leave too much ink on the paper. It has got to the point where I cannot write with it on a notebook because of the mess it makes due to ink smearing. Will not recommend this pen.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, Awful Quality Control!!, July 24, 2012
Just left a similar review for the Blue version...

The company I work for restocked the little supply room with these things. I grabbed one, got to my desk, and found that the click mechanism got stuck. Tossed it and got another one on my next trip. Same story. 3rd one worked fine. The ink flows pretty well. Fast forward a week I grabbed a different color, click mechanism worked on the first one but it wrote strangely, as if the ink wouldn't really flow. Tossed it and got another, and guess what? Click mechanism was stuck! I wasted 30 seconds of my life and took the old cartridge and put it in the new one to get a functioning pen. Literally the last thing I want to do at work...

Long story short, the quality control on these is awful. You save money on the pens, but toss out every other one, so how much do you really save? Another fine product from China.

For all you college writers, Stick with the BIC Roundstick Grip. I used to love those things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my pens, September 30, 2013
I write...all day. I am in a field where I have to document patient care. Unfortunately, we do not have online documentation. Luckily for me, I have found these pens. They have a click top, so no searching for the cap. The grip on the end makes it comfortable to write all day long (booooo) without fatigue or discomfort. The ink writes well with no smearing, which is important because I am LEFT-HANDED. Enjoy these pens!! A great deal for 12!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves these pens for his artwork!, April 17, 2013
My son loves these pens for his artwork! Only complaint is they don't last very long so must buy in quantity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Writes great, March 11, 2013
Writes great, I enjoy all of the ink joy pens in this product line and never are left with dissatisfaction.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, September 24, 2012
Wrote with one of these pens and loved it. When I received my order, I found these to write like any other pen. I don't know if they are no longer made like they were, but they are not the smooth writers that my initial experience had been. They also seem to "leak" on the page and consequently make a mess of the paper. I am really disappointed and will never buy any others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014