on July 14, 2010
SUMMARY: Worked perfectly and EASY to use! Took me 15 minutes the first time, but only because I was anal retentive about reading and re-reading the instructions to make sure I was doing it right. Took 3 minutes the 2nd time to do a refill. The printing is wonderful, the ink works, and it's very cheap per refill! No problems with refilling. A little bit of ink gets on gloves while cleaning the tools after the refill, which is expected, so wear the gloves they give you in the box and work over paper towels.

Detailed review/advice:
DO read every single instruction and follow them PERFECTLY. You must have the right ink cartridge (compare the symbols as shown in the instructions to what is on the ink cartridge. An 'X' means 'NO, NOT THAT ONE' in the instructions. An 'O' means ... yup, use that one). Make sure you use the right rubber attachment (green or purple) per the instructions. DO wear the gloves they give you as you will have some ink on your gloves (not much) when cleaning the tools after you've done the refill.

I don't know about other people, but in order to have the ink cartridge and it's stand laying flat while refilling, I had to have the stand at the edge of my kitchen counter. Otherwise, the caliber of the ink refiller was so wide that I would have had the stand at a tipped angle ... which I thought was a 'no-no' per the instructions. I was worried of a spill, but nothing like that happened.

BOTTOM LINE: READ AND RE-READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU START. DO NOT DEVIATE. DO NOT SKIP OVER SEEMINGLY MEANINGLESS DETAILS ON THE INSTRUCTIONS. IT TAKES ALMOST NO TIME TO DO THE REFILL IF YOU DO EXACTLY EVERY INSTRUCTION. The only "missing" instruction possibly was that you would have to put the ink cartridge stand at the edge of a table in order to keep the stand flat ... since the refill syringe is pretty fat. But, maybe that was not necessary. But, it worked for me.

I am sold on this product and will use it until my printer dies. WONDERFUL MONEY SAVER and WORKS AS PROMISED. You won't be disappointed. Just take your time the first time you do a refill.
on January 24, 2010
I had a Lexmark that would not allow refills so I switched back to HP. I expected the cumbersome refill process using a drilled hole and syringe. These refills don't need either. You snap cartridge into a holder, attach the ink bottle directly to the holder and pump the ink in. It's amazingly simple. I didn't even need the gloves provided.
on April 24, 2010
I was hesitant about refilling cartridges because I once brought an old HP cartridge to Walgreens for refilling and it didn't work after I put it back in the printer. I'm quite happy with the results this time.

This refill kit is designed specifically for these HP cartridges, and was quite easy to use. Just remember to put the ink syringe and cartridge in tightly, and pump the ink very slowly. The two ink syringes are 20ml each, and Inktec recommends putting in 6ml for one completely empty cartridge.

The PhotoMmart C309a printer would continue to work even if the ink level says empty. I haven't found a way to reset the ink level report to say that it's full again.
on April 15, 2010
I purchased this as a way to save some money on ink. I am a college student, and was going through cartridges at an alarming rate. This product is very easy to use, and does a great job. The only down side is that my printer will not reset itself to show ink, but will print anyway. Will buy this again.
on September 8, 2010
These refills work perfectly and allow me to fill the cartridges several times. We print a lot and this refill kit is easy to use and really saved us a bundle on ink. There is no difference in print quality either. You can't go wrong with these refills.
on March 29, 2011
I used this on HP photosmart plus B210a printer that calls for 564/564xl. Make sure if you have the photosmart plus to get the black pigment NOT the photo black. These were really easy to use for me but i have mechanical aptitude. All you have to do is put the little rubber pad on the black clip (square into the square) then put the cartridge onto the pad (round into round). Pull the cap off the ink hook it into the bottom off the black clip (its the only spot it will go cant miss it) slooowly press in about 3-5 ml of ink for empty 564 cartridges, i put 5ml in all of my 564s (not sure how much for the 564xls)
.there is a hole on top of the cartridge the ink started to seep out of once it was full
.just take it slow have a few paper towels down i did have a little spillage, mostly ink that was between the re-filler and the cartridge.
.When you pull the cartridge out of the clip you should set it up like it would be in the printer to let any excess spill onto the paper towel
.Filling all 4 took me about 10 minutes.
on June 23, 2011
I make pretty heavy use of my HP Photosmart C309 printer. Over the last year-and a half, I've gone through two of these refill kits (both the black kit listed here & the similar color refill product). After all this time, here's my summary verdict: Worth every penny.

The sharpness and darkness/contrast is about the same as the OEM ink,though I've never done a side-by-side comparison between the two. It does, at the very least, produce the kind of quality that you'd expect from a mid-range Photosmart C309 inkjet printer.

To anyone considering purchasing this ink, I do have a few suggestions before buying this ink if you're using it to refill regular/oem/otherwise non-refillable cartridges:

#1 The refill harnesses provided actually *do* work really well. I've never had ink leak out from the harness itself while refilling; however, the problem you'll likely encounter is that, with regular cartridges, you never know how much you've put in there. (At least, you don't know unless you overfill, and wind up with ink coming out along the top of the cartridge, which is a little messy if you're not careful. To be honest, I've deliberately filled my cartridges that way to make sure that they are topped off, and I just wipe off the overflow with a couple paper towels.)

#2 This goes hand-in-hand with the first problem. Because you can't see the ink levels (and likely can't rely on the printers level indicator on refilled cartridges), you won't know you're out of ink until you start seeing streaks or discolored splotches in your prints. When this happens, *absolutely* make sure that you refill that cartridge immediately, and run your printer's "clean printhead" function right away. This is not only because those cartridges will dry up pretty fast (rendering them permanently useless), but the actual print heads on your printer (which are generally not replaceable) can also dry up and go bad (rendering your entire printer permanently useless).

#3 If you don't want to worry about the hassle of my last two points, shop around online for some of the transparent refillable cartridges that match your printer/cartridge model. Not only does it make it easier to avoid the two issues above, but you'll find that those cartridges can usually outlast the printer itself. From my experience, this ink works perfectly in the ones I bought (as well as in the oem cartridges I used before that).

All in all, I've got no complaints about these refill kits. They've certainly exceeded my initial expectations from when I purchased my first black & color refill set, and I'll probably be buying more of them from here on.
on January 7, 2011
I have never refilled a cartridge before and I have used HP printers for over a decade or 2. Finally decided to take the plunge. When the new black cartridge went up in price to $30. Insane $30 and we are in a recession. I had previously visited a refill store to see what it would cost. The price I was quoted was more than 50% of the new item price, so I always just bought the originals -- never again.

In fact I also have a brother laser printer I use because the toner is actually cheaper than HP. For the laser printer I pay $40 toner for a few thousand pages. Compared to $27 for 800 pages (before the price increase).

I read and reread the instructions - put on the gloves (recommended) and spent 10seconds refilling the cartridge, I think my 4 year old could have done it. Tested a page and wondered why I have been donating to HP pensions for so many years. I have no idea how many pages I will get but if I can get even half the usual pages 400 instead of 800 I will be ecstatic because I just refilled the cartridge for $2, as each inkTec kit is good for 6 refills. Hmmmm $2 versus $30 -- no brainer. You will have to live with the limitation that the HP printer will no longer show you the actual ink levels anymore

1/20/2011 update:
Everything ran for a few days then black ink not printing anymore, cleaned printhead - had to clean a few times, then printing again but 2 days later problems re-emerged, this is not working out. Can't keep cleaning the print heads and adding ink. Perhaps it is my particular model of printer HP Photosmart Premium. I am going to keep this printer as a spare, move it to the basement buy the HP inks for it and rarely use it. I did the calculations per page for the kodak printers that was'nt so hot either. Anyway I just ordered a cheapo printer Brother mfcj265w and the continuous feed system going to try that out. Sorry I had to change the stars to 3 from 5. I am open to comments if anyone has suggestions I might be doing something wrong. I have also tried replacing the black cartridge with a previous old one I had (564xl).

2/20/11 update:
I continued to try and find a cheap printing home solution, I have 3 kids and like to print worksheets for them. Bought a Brother mfc265w printer ($65) and the piano refill kit. Soon as I had the kit installed I printed out about 600 pages and print quality began to fade. I tried head cleaning etc... Nothing worked. I finally found a video on youtube on how to clean the print heads with water, and that worked like a charm after I applied the water with a syringe that came with the piano kit. I had previously wondered what the syringe was for. Anyway all that was about a month ago. Everything is working great now. I have not had to clean the print heads with water anymore, I do have to remember to occasionally do the auto clean once a week or so. Now I can print to my heart's content in both color and black and white cheaply. There is not too much information out there on printers and continuous feed inks.

So far my experience says: Avoid the HP printers + refill ink - particularly the HP Photo Premium. The brother mfc265w definitely works with the refill inks, the ink cartridges are much less high tech. By the way the mfc265w although relatively cheap has great features, it is wireless, fax, scan copy etc... The only limitation is it does'nt do duplex. But with such insanely cheap ink now, I do not bother with the duplex but auto-feed would be nice. I did not buy a more expensive printer because it was an experiment for the printer with refill ink. I can definitely say this combination brother mfc265w + refill ink (piano) works. This means that you can get really cheap prints but I would not use the cheap ink for photos. In addition, the software for the brother printer for scanning (that is, automatically scanning image to the laptop is much better for brother than HP). So the next printer I will get will be another Brother with same cartridges but with auto-feed features. I changed the rating to 1 star now cos I do have alternate working solutin. And basically this ink does not work with the HP Photo Premium printer
on March 9, 2014
In an attempt to save money I bit the bait. Right out of the box and first fill up I had ink on my fingers, on my table and carpet because it leaks out of the bottom of the filling device. You'd be better off using a syringe and filling from the top.

The first few prints after a good amount of head cleaning realignment and repeating still left everything to be desired. After approximately 20 prints on good quality paper I got a usable print without lines or missing ink in places where ink should be. My printer in practically brand new and printed fine with genuine ink, this refill kit leaves everything to be desired.

Bonus crappy performance id achieved when you let the printer sit without using it for a week or so and go to print a page. The ink has dried producing a mono tonal print with the usual unreadable page. Thus requiring another head cleaning (where does all that waste ink go?).

I find that while this kit is priced where OEM ink should be priced in the first place, the ink quality is just not good enough for me. Plus it has a nasty smell to the print similar to rubbing alcohol spiked with some other potent chemicals.

You will see a copy of this review in the other kit I ordered as well since I don't think this product deserves any more of my time.
on August 20, 2011
I was hoping for a good alternative to hp and the high prices on their ink cartridges. These refill kits sounded good but they are a mess to work with. I was trying to refill some lg aftermarket cartridges and it was impossible. The ink oozed out the vent hole in the top and dripped out the bottom jet when I took it off the holder. I got more on my desk than in the cartridge. I am finally giving up after trying it twice on two different colors and throwing the refill kits away. To be fair, I haven't tried it on an original hp cartridge but the instructions don't say not to use on re-manufactured products.

REVISED: This product does work on OEM cartridges that have not sat empty too long. It is a messy job to refill any cartridge so using gloves makes a lot of sense. I refilled a set, wiped off the oozing ink and left lay on their side for a few minutes before installing them. So far they worked fine.