Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
asked by T. on August 10, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Mine is brand-new and when I shook it I am convinced that what you hear is the two parts of the lens covering that by design are loose flaps and make a noise when you shake the camera.
LindaC answered on December 19, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hey, I got mine in Japan like 5 months ago and i never noticed anything wrong with it, but I just noticed a hissing sound that its making, so i shook it and i also noticed that I shake it it does rattle a little, like most of the stuff inside (or maybe at least the lens) has a little wiggle room. It still seems to be working fine, and still takes good photos.
Philip E. Schorr answered on September 9, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks, Philip. I kept mine, still really pleased. Learned that shooting in "Auto" is my best friend right now (clear crisp photos at any distance from macro to nearly all zoom), but glad to hear the "shaken when stirred" is not a sign of something wrong, or about to go wrong. Best wishes.
T. answered on September 9, 2011

A
I believe that is because of the Optical Image Stabilization.
SA_Steve answered on September 27, 2011

A
I got on here to ask the exact same question.....is it agreed this is normal? Some insight directly from canon would be very reassuring.
snocyclist answered on December 21, 2011

A
Probably right - when I hold thumb on the lens covering and shake the rattle is reduced (although still present), and when the camera is turned on and shaken the rattle is different but seems located at lens area.
T. answered on December 22, 2011

A
Would not go so far as to say it is normal, only that it has been experienced before :) and at least in my case has not apparently affected operation of the camera. However, for all I know this could have something to do with the fact that this camera has trouble staying in focus taking video sometimes. I'll never know - it's out of warranty now and there are still more pros than cons versus the alternatives available at the time so I'd have kept it anyway. :)
T. answered on December 22, 2011

A
Hi T.
I have two of the powershot SX130is's the first is broke due to a slippery rock in a stream while attempting to get that perfect shot. The Second I just bought from Amazon's scratch and dent used department and I checked mine out it seems that if you put your finger over they out side of the lens cover and give it another shake you will lose that rattling sound.
George answered on March 15, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product