Innotab not keeping date/time? We got my 5yo son an Innotab for Christmas and he's really enjoying it so far. Other than the insane battery usage (he's had it 2 days and it's already on it's 4th set of batteries) I've noticed one weird problem:

Everytime you turn the Innotab on, it asks you to set the date and time, which are always set to 1/1/2010 and 12:00am. We've managed to see two times where it didn't ask to set the time -- but the other 15-25 times we've seen it turned on it asks this. Is anyone else having this problem? My 5 year old is fascinated with turning things on/off/messing with settings, so I'm not ruling out the chance he's changing a setting and/or popping out the batteries on me.

Just curious if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks,
Josh
asked by Josh Hogan on December 26, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
vote
My sons was doing the same exact thing. Never saved the date nor time, always prompted for it. Also, about 7/10 times you selected the cartridge to play it would give the messed up audio thing.

I just hooked it up to the PC, connected to the software (Learning Lodge Navigator).
From the home screen, bottom left hand side there is a tab that states "Update My Innotab" Follow those steps and it will update the firmware for the device.

Since I have done this, ive turned it on and off about 15 times, started the cart each time, removed the batteries (not the back up one). It has yet to ask me for the date or time and has not made the noise either.

Hope this helps!
HnKJay answered on December 27, 2011

A
votes
I have the same problem with 2 out of the three that we have. sometimes it doesn't happen but I'm guessing the kids touch something like the wheel widget on the top right corner. I just pet them play with it.
Jessica Wells answered on December 26, 2011

A
votes
we are also having this problem Thought it might be due to the internal battery so changed it but still it happens more often than not. Also we are getting rechargeable batteries!!
Samantha Booty answered on December 27, 2011

A
votes
We already had one returned coz it didn't work and vtech kindly replaced just in time for Xmas. Barely used it but it's not keeping date or time and went all funny earlier when trying to play cartridge game. Sounded like a tv with no signal! Think this one will be going back in the new year too x
S. Sowery answered on December 27, 2011

A
votes
Same solution as HnKJay. My update of the Innotab fixed a few problems including the date issue. Our child's Innotab would occasionally complain about inserting an SD card (even with one in it), or not go past the boot screen, or not turn on at all. Once it did boot up and the update took place... then after three days... no issues. But I'll wait and see if this was a long term fix applied. And ditto to buying rechargeable batteries. The backlighting, touch-screen and sound gobble up the power from 4 AA batteries within a day.
Dale answered on December 29, 2011

A
votes
Has anyone experienced problems with the touch screen calibration. My son's Innotab has gone on a mad one. You touch the screen on one part, but it is recognising it as if you are touching somewhere else? (e.g when you have the keyboard up and try to touch the letter 'a', it thinks you are touching the letter 'g') Still waiting on a reply from VTech about this problem, as I have no idea how to fix it.
I have 'updated' my sons Innotab and it made no difference to the problem.
Any ideas?
L Colbourne answered on February 6, 2012

A
votes
I have exactly the same problem. Can't get hold of Vtech today as it's Good Friday and may be a long weekend if I can't get the problem resolved. Did you ever get any reply or fix from Vtech?
S. Hadfield answered on April 6, 2012

A
votes
I have the same exact issue. I have the recharbale battery pack, and i watch him playing with it, I guess you cant turn it off, similar to an iPad, however my two year old loves turing it on and off and waving goodbye to it.
ricky704 answered on February 16, 2014

A
votes
Yes my daughter gets very frustrated she had to deal with the time and date every time and can't get right to playtime. I've looked at the settings and can't figure out why it started doing this.
Tonya answered on March 27, 2014

A
votes
We already had one returned coz it didn't work and vtech kindly replaced just in time for Xmas. Barely used it but it's not keeping date or time and went all funny earlier when trying to play cartridge game. Sounded like a tv with no signal! Think this one will be going back in the new year too x
S. Sowery answered on December 27, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

ARRAY(0x96ba1870)