5.0 out of 5 stars Good Gauge, too much cable for a tiny car
Done is done. Installation was a piece of cake and the unit works perfectly. I definitely appreciate the compactness of this unit vs the old firewall boxes.
I was surprised to find a simulated narrowband output in addition to the wideband signal wire. Neat I guess, if you wanted to run a wideband without telling your car.

I put this in my supercharged...
Published on March 20, 2012 by phaedrus

Published 22 months ago by Eric Sissel

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Gauge, too much cable for a tiny car, March 20, 2012
This review is from: Innovate Motorsports 3844 MTX-L Complete All-In-One Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge Kit (Automotive)

I put this in my supercharged 1990 Miata and my only lament is that the cable is so blasted long. I have the plug from the o2 routed up through the shifter and it reaches the gauge without the Innovate cord. However, the cord is also an adapter for the o2 plug and must be used to connect it to the gauge, so now I have an eight foot coil of wire chilling out in my dashboard. Moral of the story: take a piece of string or rope and route it the way you plan to route the wires for this kit (keeping in mind that the o2 sensor has a 3 foot cable to begin with) then measure it. That way you will know if you can get away with the motorsports version and cut down on all the excess cable.

Cheers

1.0 out of 5 stars Malfunctioned within a couple months. Zero support. Horrible communication!, May 2, 2013
Purchased this gauge in mid January. Installed in mid Febuary. It started glitching out after about a month; indications swinging rapidly from full scale rich to full scale lean and everything in between with a second. Then it reads an error code E8 until I recalibrate it. After a recalibration it works for less than 50 miles. Finally got ahold of someone after leaving multiple voicemail, emails, and messages on their website contact form and all they could say was "the sensor isn't covered by any warranty, sorry." This is completely unacceptable! No sensor should go out that fast. Not answering messages and then not supporting a product is a great way to lose business.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wideband at a good price., September 16, 2012
I purchased this wideband for the motor I built for my 89 mr2. I picked this one because of positive reviews, and the great price. The install was pretty simple, and I like the dimming feature. I have used the software a couple times, but I mostly just use it to keep an eye on thongs. I would have given five stars, but was left a little upset that I needed an adapter to hook it to my laptop, so I ended up running around town looking for a place selling the usb adapter for less than $35. When was the last time a computer came with serial ports?

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovate air/feul guage, perfection, May 22, 2011
I have been using the hand held unit from Innovate since they came out a few years ago. It worked but was unhandy when you are drag racing. Recently I bought the dash installed unit for my gasser/hot rod. I am running dual holley four barrels on this 428 pontiac engine, sitting on top of a Wenzler tunnel ram intake. I had no idea how to tune it, as I had avoided multiple carbs do to lack of talent. Upon start up, I could look at the guage and instantly tell it was idleing too lean, so a quarter turn out brought her into the perfect zone. By that I mean, instant one pump start ups without a choke, idleing in the 14 to 15 to 1 area. Out for a test drive, I had un-intended benifits from the dual quads, as this baby will run down the highway(in overdrive) and never get off the idle circutes. This means good gas mileage. Making a few rural highway acceloration tests, the guage told me she was running lean on wide open throttle. I went up two jet sizes and walla, I had WOT at 13/1 in third. A trip to the track, first pass set a new best for this car. 12.39 ET at 105 mph. And O by the way, the linkage was binding at 90% open, so I am hopefull that we're not done there. Also, dyno tests have shown my engine might like a little richer WOT, so one or two sizes up, and it's instantly known where you are by looking at the guage. This is one of those tools, like a good MIG welder or a gas op hi pressure power washer, that I wonder how I lived without it. I am here today ordering another one for my 66 GTO

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovate Motorsports MTX-L AFR gauge, April 15, 2013
Good price, Great gauge. Wide band is so fast. Lots of wire included with it, so, you can mount it in the trunk if you wanted to.
Just don't mount your hand held radio to close because when I key the mic. it makes the gauge run an E2 error code for some reason. Customer service is there if you need them for Questions ... and, maybe some answers..

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality product and good seller/shipper., May 24, 2014
I installed gator clips onto the 2 wires to power the sensor and only use it for tuning. Since I didn't permanently wire it into my truck the sensor has to be removed if I'm not powering it up or the sensor will get damaged. If you don't get a plug for the bung you can goto the auto parts store and get a $2 spark plug with 18mm X 150 thread to put in the hole. Most hardware stores don't have the 18mm thead bolts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and easy install., June 8, 2014
Had the LC-1 it's nice everything is in one and easy install. The cables become hard to tuck away when would be nice to have the brain seperated from the gauge in a way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, works as advertised, May 2, 2013
Installation was very straightforward. I am using the simulated narrowband signal to run my car's ecu and the simplicity of not needing to weld an extra bung is very nice. Everything works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice One, February 5, 2013
Easy to calibrate, easy to install, easy to program. Nice - looking display with a nice length cable on the sensor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Race car installation, August 17, 2012
I purchased this unit because the EGT was not providing enough information to properly jet the dual side draft Weber carbs on my Datsun 4 cylinder Vintage race car. The meter and sensor installed easily and was easy to calibrate. It worked well on track and gave stable consistent readings using 110 octane leaded race fuel. We were able to adjust the carb jettting effectively. The dash display failed to illuminate after a full race season. The guage assembly was returned to Innovate using their RMA process. A new working unit was returned within 2 weeks. I am very pleased with this unit and would conseider buying other Innovate products.

Innovate Motorsports 3844 MTX-L Complete All-In-One Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge Kit