5.0 out of 5 stars great value and performance
I friend bought many of these from a XYZ shopping network on tv and raved about them, and were always selling out.
Purchased 6 MAXSA lights here at Amazon, with the intentions of using 3 in deep dark base kitchen cabinets, 2 on exterior front steps and path, 1 for an exterior side door.
They are absolutely great in all of the exterior locations. And seeing the...
Published on August 4, 2012 by RIredpanda

3.0 out of 5 stars How to improve its function
Published 19 months ago by Ralph Fowler

3.0 out of 5 stars How to improve its function, February 18, 2013
This review is from: MAXSA Innovations 40341 Battery-Powered Motion-Activated LED Outdoor Night Light, White (Automotive)
I ordered 3 of these lights. Two were "OK" but with marginal range. The third one had a 1-2 ft range. To improve their function I removed the clear cover on the movement detector ( clear cover about the size of a pencil eraser) - it just snaps off using a knife blade. Presto! The range of activation increased to about 8-10 ft. The other marginal function was that the ambient light in the hallway where they were located was dark enough to activate the light even during daylight hours. So I took the knife and removed the silicone (?) dab covering the photocell. So now the light remains off in the low- light stairway now. These " mods" will vastly improve the function. Of course this shouldn't be done if you use them outside in wet locations.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value and performance, August 4, 2012
They are absolutely great in all of the exterior locations. And seeing the exterior results 2 of the others ended up on short run (6 stair) staircases as the PERFECT night light.
I did try them inside a closet/cabinet and thought I would need more than one if side wall mounted. HINT: I have a 42inch wide front hall closet with no light with a 32inch wide door
and discovered if you mount it on the door, about an inch down and over from the top on the hinge side ...
the beam of light, lights the upper shelf and the important part of the hanging rod for coat selection.
If you cannot screw the industrial strength velcro is perfect!
No more wasting energies turning switches/lights on/off for quick tasks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the price, June 1, 2012
Stacey (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
We did not have a back porch light for our house, but purchasing this item did the trick. It works like it says it will. It's by no means a motion light you would get a Home Depot for security purposes because it's not as bright and only covers a small area, but it still lights enough to see what you need to see. Perfect for the price and we are satisfied.

2.0 out of 5 stars If using outdoor, skip this and get Mr. Beams, June 27, 2013
I used one of these for some outdoor deck steps down, and it was perfect - until it stopped working (due to water in the unit) within a couple of months.

There is absolutely NO weather proofing on these, so I can't understand how they can claim it's an outdoor light? Not even a seal/gasket around the battery compartment, which would be necessary if you don't water to get in (which it did in mine, as well as the two detectors. You can see visible droplets in both the motion and light sensors, not to mention the wet batteries).

Also, the metal connections for the batteries are awful on mine...very poorly made, to where I had to really fight to get the batteries in, with all three connecting to the terminals.

Skip this unless you are only using indoors IMO. I guess you get what you pay for.

3.0 out of 5 stars random, December 16, 2012
PJ (western KY) - See all my reviews
Seems that the sensor is a bit funky in these or the battery cover doesn't stay secure well enough to merit consistant servicability. I bought 3 of these and they are so random in how they work or don't work. I had one stay on and not shut off; another fade in and out for unknown reasons and the other one worked fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this garbage., November 11, 2012
I bought two of these, and one of them never turns off, and one only turns off if there is no movement, even if it's blazing light out. They're supposed to turn off in the daytime. They don't.

Also, don't fall for the "dark bronze" nonsense. It's flat charcoal gray.

The battery compartment is hard to open, the batteries are very difficult to get in and out, and I was almost not able to get batteries into the first one at all (the one that doesn't ever turn off).

I bought these because they were a couple bucks cheaper than the Mr. Beams AA lights, but you had to buy three Mr. Beams and I didn't want to spend that much. As of today, these cost almost as much as the Mr. Beams but seem to be way crappier. I also bought these because I thought they were "dark bronze," which would be similar in color to the wooden rail I want to put them on. No such luck.

Oh, and I paid for them on an Amazon credit card, with a no-interest promotion, and I think that's why Amazon will now only let me return for a refund or replacement. I can't get a credit, so if I return these, I may lose my no-interest deal. Just a heads up to anyone in a similar situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, April 18, 2013
i used this in my entrance way in my condo in florida. i did not have to drill holes in the wall or ceiling to add a light or a switch. i just mounted this on the side wall and at night when i enter the condo the led comes on strictly by movement. the price was excellent and very easy to mount.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, October 26, 2013
Brandi Spelbring (Effingham, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I was a little apprehensive about this light, and more so after it arrived, as it is very, very small. The pictures make it look much bigger. But the light is very bright and gives off light over a wide distance. It works better turned upside down and placed low.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great safety item, March 15, 2013
We have stairs that are really dark at night. Put a couple of these in and they work great. Now our old dog can see to go outside. My parents saw them and wanted some, I bought them three and now they want three more. Both of my sisters just bought some for their own homes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent lighting, June 23, 2013
I bought three of these for outdoor lighting by my pool and deck. It works well for lighting the entry way to the deck, and also getting in and out of the pool by the ladder. However, Only two of the three that I purchased actually work. They're pretty easy to install, but make sure that you have an electric screwdriver with drill bits, or else you'll have one heck of a time trying to install.