5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes for Crossfit
Published 11 months ago by Hobbesgirl

2.0 out of 5 stars not the quality I was expecting
The shoes are comfortable & true to size, but the toe box is super flimsy and crimped up with every step on the pair that I purchased (and only on one of the shoes). For $120 I would expect better craftsmanship. I'm returning these and going back to my Merrell Bare Access Arc 2's for my cross training.
Published 12 months ago by Jennifer Krall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes for Crossfit, August 13, 2013
I honestly think these are the best shoes for Crossfit currently on the market. They are so much better to run in than the Nanos or the Minimus shoes. I've been wearing them to Crossfit 5 times a week for the past 3 weeks and have no complaints. In fact, the WOD yesterday had a total of 1800m for running and I did just fine (and I am definitely not a runner.) They felt great straight out of the box and required no break-in period.

I had read various comments related to the fit of Inov-8's and I ended up purchasing the US Women's 8 (UK 5.5). I wear an 8 or 8.5 and I'm almost always an 8.5 in athletic shoes. I did compare my foot measurements to the Inov-8 sizing chart. I fell exactly between the measurements for the 8 and the 8.5. Based on reviews I had read elsewhere which stated Inov-8's run large, I chose the 8 and I am so glad I did! I should mention that I did try on the size 8 at a local store that carries Inov-8's. The reason I ended up ordering these shoes is because the store didn't care the F-Lite 182 and only had the F-Lite195 which is a unisex shoe. I really wanted the F-Lite 182 since it is suppose to have a more women's specific design with a narrower heel.

If you are on the fence about purchasing a pair of Inov-8's, I really suggest you take the plunge. I couldn't be happier with these shoes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great minimal all around Crossfitting Shoe, great for wider feet!, August 5, 2013
This review is from: Inov-8 Women's F-Lite 182 Fitness Shoe (Apparel)
I was wearing the Reebok Nano 2.0s for about a year before I decided to try out the Inov-8s. Prior to crossfit, I would do a lot of running in Vibram Five Fingers, which have a very thin, compact sole and great feel with the ground. Unfortunately, the Vibrams didn't help out so much with a lot power/oly lifting that comes with Crossfit which is why I am trying to find the right closed-toe shoe that is stable without taking away from my running form.

If you are looking for something that fits like a glove, has a very compact but flexible sole without the "sponginess" that comes from the Nanos, I'd say definitely give these a try! I have slightly wider feet and generally have to wear between a 6-6.5 in most shoes. The 6 fit me extremely well in this style and right from day 1, my feet were comfy without the need to break the shoes in. I enjoy that these shoes are super flexible in the toe and super light, and my foot strike is much better in these than the overly wide squishy toe box in the Nanos. These shoes are also in the 0-drop category so you get a lot of feel with the ground. The only downside about the thinner toe-box is that I tend to slam my toes against the bar on the T2B and not a lot of cushioning there so my toes hurt a little.

I also took these for a few rope climbs yesterday (about ~25 climbs in a Hero WOD), and the shoes clung to the ropes just as well as the Nanos using the J Hook! Rope-Tec worked extremely well.

I only wish these came in more colors for the same style (versus having slight differences in style for the different color choices...would like these in green as well but I hear the toe-box is even bigger with the green ones).

2.0 out of 5 stars not the quality I was expecting, July 3, 2013
Jennifer Krall (MILWAUKEE, WI, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
Great light-weight shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, July 11, 2014
Love these shoes for cross-training and intense workouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, May 18, 2014
These sneakers are so comfortable. I bought them from CrossFit as suggested by my coach. Definitely makes a difference for the WOD. I feel lighter and better form for squats & lifting. I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, great fit, perfect gym shoe, May 16, 2014
LOVE this show! This is the 2nd time I've ordered them. They run a little small. They a tad small, but are great for short runs (600m but no more), box jobs, deadlifts... probably perfect for crossfitters.

5.0 out of 5 stars So many compliments too!, May 1, 2014
These are my favorite shoes for lifting, light running, and general gym type work. I get compliments from men and women on how they look too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spartan Beast, April 22, 2014
I bought these shoes for my upcoming Spartan Beast. These shoes are awesome on the mountain and trails!!!! Traction is crazy good. Feeling in the shoes is good. Nothing rubs or hurts. Definitely size up as everyone else suggested. These shoes run a little small.

4.0 out of 5 stars Look and feel good!, April 3, 2014
I love the look and am getting used to the flat sole. I got a size 10 because I had read that they ran small, but that definitely was not the case. I usually wear 9.5 but have had to buy 10 in other cross training shoes. The 10 is just slightly too big. Other than that I think they're great for cross-fit style workout!

Rate and Discover Movies