Input voltage range for international travel? I noticed there is no input voltage range in the specifications. This is key to knowing whether or not this can be used overseas. It would certainly help if Amazon would mention this.
asked by C. Axelrod on September 7, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
That's great if all Kindles are rated for 110-220 volts... but it still should be stated in the product descriptions... especially for accessories like the charger. Since Kindle and it's accessories are such great travel items, travel related specs like voltage are an essential piece of info, I would think.

Also - it should be extremely clear regarding what cords, adapters, & chargers are included, required, or recommended, so they can be ordered at the same time as the Kindle. I have seen many posts from people who are either confused or upset after discovering too late that needed items are not included.
Paul Kassens answered on September 10, 2012
Comment | 15 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I have used it on 220 volts and it works.
Amazon Customer answered on October 17, 2012
Comment | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, it is 110 and 220 volts.
hdtravel answered on September 11, 2012
Comment | 7 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have just returned from Spain. This Powerfast adapter WILL work dual voltage with a adapter. So 110 - 240 without frying any electronics.
christneb answered on April 13, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Does anyone here ever used this charger overseas? I´m already pissed that Amazon didn´t include this in the device AND that they charge in an absurd slow time when connected to a computer. I don´t want to buy this thing and make my kindle fire a freaking fireworks show as well. Does anyone ever used this on a 220 volts as well?
Lua answered on October 17, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
@hdtravel would you please substantiate your claim?
Jeff Axelrod answered on September 12, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
When you say that the Kindle is rated 110/220, does that apply to the Fasr Charge chager as well?
Paul A. Vermaelen answered on September 14, 2012

A
You can use kindle charger anywhere.
Ebert answered on December 4, 2012

A
The voltage rating is listed on the charger itself. It is written extremely small and with glossy lettering but shows 110-240 Volts so you can use/charge your Kindle overseas. You will just need the appropriate plug adapter.
S. Seitz answered on August 28, 2014

A
@Pineapple, I'm certain that the Kindle is rated for 5V DC via the charging port.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus#Powered_USB

I'd sure like to see the Kindle itself survive being provided with 110V AC or DC directly, let alone 240V. That fire would make for an entertaining YouTube video.
C. Axelrod answered on September 10, 2012
Comment | 4 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›