Questions & Answers
Insect Lore Live Butterfly Garden
by Insect Lore
4.3 out of 5 stars (1,448)
$14.99
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 58 questions
votes
Yes they are. You have to pay an additional $5 to have the caterpillars and their food shipped to you.
Apr 11, 2014 by Juju5671
votes
I received five health caterpillars which morphed into five live butterflys. Three of my butterflys emerged a week after I put the cocoons into the butterfly garden and two followed about twelve hours later. I immediately put in fresh flowers from the yard and squirted the sugar water onto the flowers. I did this again about 12 hrs. later. The next morning I refreshed the flowers and repeated as the day before. The butterflys grew rapidly and because of an incoming storm and cooler weather, I released after 2 and 1/2 days. The butterflys immediately flew out of site. Butterflys migrate at very high attitudes so I am sure they are now enjoying a pina colata in warmer climes. This was a very rewarding experience for four generations of my family. I hope this helps.
Nov 5, 2013 by Gypsy Scholar
votes
12" high and 10" diameter
Feb 12, 2014 by CentralCA
vote
I bought this as a gift for my niece, so I am not totally sure. I don't think live caterpillars come with the kit. It is my understanding that there is a certificate inside to be sent to have them shipped when the time is right.
Mar 1, 2015 by Katrina Vierzba
votes
After ordering your caterpillars, how long will it take to receive them in the mail?
25 days ago by Alicia
votes
I watched a youtube video about it and found it very helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt20TOkBCXY I used a safety pin and placed the flat side of the paper flush with the netting so the chrysalis hung down facing the inside of the enclosure.
Apr 22, 2015 by hatchi
votes
Yes, the top has a zipper along the upper edge.
May 25, 2014 by Robin Hagaman
votes
They do not. I sent Insect Lore and e-mail and they told me they have corrected their coupon issues. I have not tried to redeem again. I ordered and paid full price, because this was birthday gift for a 6 year old and I wanted to have the caterpillers with the gift. I'm going to try to redeem again in the future.
7 days ago by 55 and FAB
votes
This kit does not automatically come with the butterflies. You get a certificate to order the caterpillars when you are ready. Using the code in the box, there's a cost of $5 to ship the caterpillars. The butterflies are Painted Lady.
17 days ago by Shatterbox
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers