Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on July 25, 2012
I have read all three of Concetta Bertoldi's books, and I find that this third book has a different twist: Concetta speaks more about life lessons and how to get the most out of the life we are living right now. Yes, she tells stories about the other side, which are fascinating and often very compelling, but she also talks a great deal about the here and now -- and how we can best get from "here" to "there." Ms. Bertoldi is passionate about life, and she lives her own life to the hilt. She tells us her own personal stories, and how not everything has been a bed of roses because although she is a gifted medium, she is also a human being. Her discussion of human foibles and desires rings true for me, especially when she says that sometimes the little things are really so much more important than the big things we tend to desire -- more money, more possessions, etc. What we are really looking for, she says, is God, so piling up more toys will never fill our deepest needs. It's all so simple, but at the same time very powerful.
on August 10, 2012
I read alot of books on this subject and consider myself very well versed. I have read a and enjoyed all of Dr. Michael Newton's books (Journey of Souls is a must read for anyone remotely interested in this topic)- I have read all of Dr. Brian Weiss's books, Nacy Dennison, Raymond Moody over 35 books on this topic. And I have to say that this book was very entertaining yet very informative on topics the others do not dive into as much. This lady is a medium so she tunes into the "radio" signals from the other side and gets a good understanding on what is going on. I am somewhat leary of mediums- but I do believe that they exist and do connect. John Edward I certainly put in that category and I would this author as well. It is really interesting how she confirms many things that I have read from Newton and Weiss etc.

The book is very easy to read and is like I said entertaining at the same time. She has a great chapter on negativity and the influences of negative energy and how to deal with it. She talks alot about Karma and how we have chosen this life to conquer the challenges that face our soul and how if you dn't get it right this time we can always try again. Very deft way of dealing with a heavy subject.

Great read- surprisingly so. highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon July 18, 2012
This book is really about simplifying your life. Ms. Bertoldi writes with humor and compassion bringing an awareness to the reader that conveys very real feelings that involve the reader in such a way you cannot help but reflect on similar situations from your own life. In doing so, you become more aware of the importance of positive thinking, filtering your thoughts and words, letting go and relinquishing control. Through anecdotes and testimonials from her clients, as well as her own journey over the years as a medium, she provides spiritual concepts for simplifying your own life while teaching us how we, too, can make that same connection. This is a quick, easy and yes, fun, read. If you're wondering if we are all connected and if that connection continues from the other side, this book has those answers and more. Touching and tearful, happy and humorous, you're own emotions will run the gamut as Concetta answers all your questions from her lifetime of experience connecting with the other side.
on October 23, 2012
I couldn't finish this book. It was a major letdown. I got about 2/3 through it before I started skimming paragraphs, and then eventually gave up. The problem is, it's too preachy, and too autobiographical. Too much space is taken up with stories about the author's friends and family, and real basic stuff about how to deal with various issues that come up through the course of normal life. It does have a few anecdotes about spirit communication, mediumship, client sessions, and shows, but most of them are used to illustrate points. I was expecting a book full of messages from people in the afterlife about the afterlife, and how it relates to this life, but instead I got a book about the author's struggles and foibles dealing with traffic, snobby in-laws, etc. I feel like I didn't get what was advertised.

Aside from that, I can't say I agree with a lot of points the author makes. For example, she repeatedly mentions how, in the spirit world, people gain perfect understanding, perfect peace, and all is butterflies and rainbows. While I believe that is possible, and is eventually what happens, it contradicts almost every other afterlife account I've ever examined. Whether the accounts come through mediumship, clairvoyance, regressive hypnosis, or NDE's, every other source repeatedly stresses that we are the same when we cross over, with the same hangups and ego struggles we have here. The only difference is that the opportunities for growth and facing the shadow elements are increased because most of the mechanisms that create privacy and separation are stripped away, and we're more easily able to see the relationship between cause and effect, and deception is much more difficult, if not impossible due to the transparency of thought and emotion that's present on the other side.

This book is okay, perhaps, for a beginner, or someone looking for good advice on living life. It reads like something you might find on the Oprah show, or a basic "life lessons 101" type thing. If you're really looking for stories or messages from the afterlife, there are many other titles that do a much more thorough job. The Afterlife Unveiled by L. Stafford Betty is a great one that's full of messages from the other side. And then The Sacred Promise by Gary Schwartz provides a much better treatment of the work and influence that beings on the other side have on physical reality.

Final verdict: Skip it.
33 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2012
Make no mistake about it, this book is a must read for all ages. Concetta shines in her wit, her passion about what she knows and her compassion while explaining life's lessons. I know you will enjoy reading and learning the journey Concetta teaches us we are here to take. Concetta has knocked them dead with this one!! (no pun intended)
on October 18, 2012
I found this book to be very repetitive. It does not cover any new ground. I turned off when the author started to complain bitterly about her relationship with her in-laws. I would have thought that someone with knowledge of the bigger picture of where we have come from and where we are going would have had the good grace not to wallow in the dirty family laundry.
on August 24, 2012
Inside the Other Side by Concetta Bertoldi is an excellent resource guide for beginners to learn about the "other side." Bertoldi is a celebrity psychic medium, and in this book she shares what she knows about a variety of subjects on the other side. If you've ever been curious to what is going on over there, this is a book you must read.

Inside the Other Side is written in a very easy to read way. Concetta Bertoldi is caring, and reading this book makes you feel like you know her, or are a longtime client of hers. In this volume she shares the basics of such things as: soul contracts, life lessons, mission entities, mystical travelers, angels, energy, negativity, and much more.

My favorite part in this text is the chapter on "How to Be an Angel on Earth." She explains that everyone has the capability to be an angel right here on Earth. We all have the qualities and abilities to change even one person's life for the better, and we need to do it.

Although this is a very good beginner book to the "other side" it doesn't quite give enough in-depth information for non-beginners. All of the information is covered in a very limited basis, just scratching the surface. It is perfect for the beginner, but again, not much different than other books on the subject. If you've read similar books, it isn't likely you'll learn too much new in this one.

* Thank you to the publisher of Inside the Other Side, William Morrow, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.
VINE VOICEon September 18, 2012
We've had great philosophers and scientists for centuries holding forth on what is the meaning of human life. Great theories have been propounded. Intricate explanations have been set forth. We won't even go near all the fancification and falsification that all religions have indulged in. If you are looking for some concrete truth about why you are here on Earth, how you got here and where you are going after, this is the perfect book for you.

But it goes further than that. Not only is this a good "beginner's book," for the spiritual seeker, but it also provides a bit of a checklist, inspiration and support for the more experienced seeker -- and it does it in a down-to-earth manner, with well-written prose and a sense of humor.

For example, in this passage you might be enlightened about or reminded of your responsibility: ". . each of us needs to recognize that our happiness lies within us and we must make the effort to connect with that even if those around us are dealing poorly with their own unhappiness. This is not a cruelty by any means. It's actually courageous and sets an example that others may choose to follow."

Concetta offers great comfort to anyone who has lost to death someone they loved, not to mention thinking of one's own death, which is a sure thing. She takes death and one ups it, bringing it to a higher level than any religion or philosophy ever has. She writes, ". . death is not what they think it is; it's not the 'final exit' by any means. It's a passage to the limitless freedom of who we really are meant to be." I hope that stimulated your curiosity!

This is a beautiful book well worth reading and passing on to a friend.
on January 31, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated Concetta's previous work which revealed to us "unsuspecting types" that we are all being stared at while taking showers (and elsewhere) in our most vulnerable conditions, but this time around I did not find much of her expected insight or humor (or that of "them") in this latest release. Even worse, I did not come to read many pages which complimented the title of being `Inside the Other Side.' Quite the contrary...Concetta seemed to have compiled a quasi-autobiography of sorts, or to sort things out, between those in and out of her circles of trust.

An occasional passage here or there about the Beyond, but for whatever her reasons she ventured off many times toward composing a handy guide to regulate behavior and social etiquette in this world, as well as general recommendations to let things slide off one's back. That kind of reality only works in Chocolate Land for most of us.

So, overall a pleasant and warm work to read, but with much suggestive "Hallmark Card" type expressions which, sadly, did not take the effort or focus on what Afterlifers are truly searching for, namely: The Hereafter, and not New Jersey. Let's hope Concetta's next work is just that, and so much more.

Need a coping strategy to deal with drama? Have at it. Need insight on the afterlife? Grab her "Do Dead People Watch You Shower?" or maybe just take a look at what else is out there. In any regard, I will look forward to her next work.
on August 14, 2012
This book is a wonderful read. If you seek what is really going on, Concerta's book is a must read. I have read many wonderful books on this subject, but this is the best EVER. I will read something, stop and go WOW!!! Think about what I read for a bit and then go back to the book. Very well written book, easy to read and understand what she is talking about. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom, knowledge and experiences with all who wish to seek and learn. God Bless You and please keep writing. I hope to go to New Jersey and witness this wonderful human being in person one day.
Connie Rachunek