5.0 out of 5 stars Lessons to Live By
Published on July 25, 2012 by Linda Champa

2.0 out of 5 stars Off Topic
Published on October 23, 2012 by Zanriel

5.0 out of 5 stars Lessons to Live By, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Inside the Other Side: Soul Contracts, Life Lessons, and How Dead People Help Us, Between Here and Heaven (Paperback)
I have read all three of Concetta Bertoldi's books, and I find that this third book has a different twist: Concetta speaks more about life lessons and how to get the most out of the life we are living right now. Yes, she tells stories about the other side, which are fascinating and often very compelling, but she also talks a great deal about the here and now -- and how we can best get from "here" to "there." Ms. Bertoldi is passionate about life, and she lives her own life to the hilt. She tells us her own personal stories, and how not everything has been a bed of roses because although she is a gifted medium, she is also a human being. Her discussion of human foibles and desires rings true for me, especially when she says that sometimes the little things are really so much more important than the big things we tend to desire -- more money, more possessions, etc. What we are really looking for, she says, is God, so piling up more toys will never fill our deepest needs. It's all so simple, but at the same time very powerful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually, I was pleasantly surprised...., August 10, 2012
I read alot of books on this subject and consider myself very well versed. I have read a and enjoyed all of Dr. Michael Newton's books (Journey of Souls is a must read for anyone remotely interested in this topic)- I have read all of Dr. Brian Weiss's books, Nacy Dennison, Raymond Moody over 35 books on this topic. And I have to say that this book was very entertaining yet very informative on topics the others do not dive into as much. This lady is a medium so she tunes into the "radio" signals from the other side and gets a good understanding on what is going on. I am somewhat leary of mediums- but I do believe that they exist and do connect. John Edward I certainly put in that category and I would this author as well. It is really interesting how she confirms many things that I have read from Newton and Weiss etc.

The book is very easy to read and is like I said entertaining at the same time. She has a great chapter on negativity and the influences of negative energy and how to deal with it. She talks alot about Karma and how we have chosen this life to conquer the challenges that face our soul and how if you dn't get it right this time we can always try again. Very deft way of dealing with a heavy subject.

Great read- surprisingly so. highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Humorous, Enlightening and Reassuring, July 18, 2012
This book is really about simplifying your life. Ms. Bertoldi writes with humor and compassion bringing an awareness to the reader that conveys very real feelings that involve the reader in such a way you cannot help but reflect on similar situations from your own life. In doing so, you become more aware of the importance of positive thinking, filtering your thoughts and words, letting go and relinquishing control. Through anecdotes and testimonials from her clients, as well as her own journey over the years as a medium, she provides spiritual concepts for simplifying your own life while teaching us how we, too, can make that same connection. This is a quick, easy and yes, fun, read. If you're wondering if we are all connected and if that connection continues from the other side, this book has those answers and more. Touching and tearful, happy and humorous, you're own emotions will run the gamut as Concetta answers all your questions from her lifetime of experience connecting with the other side.

5.0 out of 5 stars you won't put it down!, July 21, 2012
Make no mistake about it, this book is a must read for all ages. Concetta shines in her wit, her passion about what she knows and her compassion while explaining life's lessons. I know you will enjoy reading and learning the journey Concetta teaches us we are here to take. Concetta has knocked them dead with this one!! (no pun intended)

2.0 out of 5 stars Off Topic, October 23, 2012
Zanriel (NW Arkansas) - See all my reviews
I couldn't finish this book. It was a major letdown. I got about 2/3 through it before I started skimming paragraphs, and then eventually gave up. The problem is, it's too preachy, and too autobiographical. Too much space is taken up with stories about the author's friends and family, and real basic stuff about how to deal with various issues that come up through the course of normal life. It does have a few anecdotes about spirit communication, mediumship, client sessions, and shows, but most of them are used to illustrate points. I was expecting a book full of messages from people in the afterlife about the afterlife, and how it relates to this life, but instead I got a book about the author's struggles and foibles dealing with traffic, snobby in-laws, etc. I feel like I didn't get what was advertised.

Aside from that, I can't say I agree with a lot of points the author makes. For example, she repeatedly mentions how, in the spirit world, people gain perfect understanding, perfect peace, and all is butterflies and rainbows. While I believe that is possible, and is eventually what happens, it contradicts almost every other afterlife account I've ever examined. Whether the accounts come through mediumship, clairvoyance, regressive hypnosis, or NDE's, every other source repeatedly stresses that we are the same when we cross over, with the same hangups and ego struggles we have here. The only difference is that the opportunities for growth and facing the shadow elements are increased because most of the mechanisms that create privacy and separation are stripped away, and we're more easily able to see the relationship between cause and effect, and deception is much more difficult, if not impossible due to the transparency of thought and emotion that's present on the other side.

This book is okay, perhaps, for a beginner, or someone looking for good advice on living life. It reads like something you might find on the Oprah show, or a basic "life lessons 101" type thing. If you're really looking for stories or messages from the afterlife, there are many other titles that do a much more thorough job. The Afterlife Unveiled by L. Stafford Betty is a great one that's full of messages from the other side. And then The Sacred Promise by Gary Schwartz provides a much better treatment of the work and influence that beings on the other side have on physical reality.

Final verdict: Skip it.

2.0 out of 5 stars How many different ways can you say the same thing, October 18, 2012
I found this book to be very repetitive. It does not cover any new ground. I turned off when the author started to complain bitterly about her relationship with her in-laws. I would have thought that someone with knowledge of the bigger picture of where we have come from and where we are going would have had the good grace not to wallow in the dirty family laundry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inside the Other Side, August 24, 2012
Inside the Other Side by Concetta Bertoldi is an excellent resource guide for beginners to learn about the "other side." Bertoldi is a celebrity psychic medium, and in this book she shares what she knows about a variety of subjects on the other side. If you've ever been curious to what is going on over there, this is a book you must read.

Inside the Other Side is written in a very easy to read way. Concetta Bertoldi is caring, and reading this book makes you feel like you know her, or are a longtime client of hers. In this volume she shares the basics of such things as: soul contracts, life lessons, mission entities, mystical travelers, angels, energy, negativity, and much more.

My favorite part in this text is the chapter on "How to Be an Angel on Earth." She explains that everyone has the capability to be an angel right here on Earth. We all have the qualities and abilities to change even one person's life for the better, and we need to do it.

Although this is a very good beginner book to the "other side" it doesn't quite give enough in-depth information for non-beginners. All of the information is covered in a very limited basis, just scratching the surface. It is perfect for the beginner, but again, not much different than other books on the subject. If you've read similar books, it isn't likely you'll learn too much new in this one.

* Thank you to the publisher of Inside the Other Side, William Morrow, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Simple and Truthful Meaning of Life, September 18, 2012
Zoeeagleeye (Belfast, ME United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
We've had great philosophers and scientists for centuries holding forth on what is the meaning of human life. Great theories have been propounded. Intricate explanations have been set forth. We won't even go near all the fancification and falsification that all religions have indulged in. If you are looking for some concrete truth about why you are here on Earth, how you got here and where you are going after, this is the perfect book for you.

But it goes further than that. Not only is this a good "beginner's book," for the spiritual seeker, but it also provides a bit of a checklist, inspiration and support for the more experienced seeker -- and it does it in a down-to-earth manner, with well-written prose and a sense of humor.

For example, in this passage you might be enlightened about or reminded of your responsibility: ". . each of us needs to recognize that our happiness lies within us and we must make the effort to connect with that even if those around us are dealing poorly with their own unhappiness. This is not a cruelty by any means. It's actually courageous and sets an example that others may choose to follow."

Concetta offers great comfort to anyone who has lost to death someone they loved, not to mention thinking of one's own death, which is a sure thing. She takes death and one ups it, bringing it to a higher level than any religion or philosophy ever has. She writes, ". . death is not what they think it is; it's not the 'final exit' by any means. It's a passage to the limitless freedom of who we really are meant to be." I hope that stimulated your curiosity!

This is a beautiful book well worth reading and passing on to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Message, August 6, 2012
I have read Concetta's first two books and loved both of them. This one was good too but it did not have as many stories of her clients like the first two did. This book is more of a self help life lesson guide with some valuable information from the other side. I only gave it 4 stars because I did enjoy reading it but I am no longer a "beginner soul searcher" like I was when I first discovered Concetta and I felt that I already knew most of the things she was talking about in her book. I think it would be a great book for someone who does not know a lot about the other side, and especially for those who have recently lost a loved one looking for comfort and answers.

Some of the points she talks about would help alleviate some anger someone feels when someone young passes early, even with the national news tragedies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Empathy Burnout....., August 20, 2013
What an amazing book, knowledge is powerful indeed!!!

This book helped me get in touch with a part of my subconscious that my conscious self-had long forgotten. I reminded me that life is like a movie, except that in this "life movie" I can feel, I can touch, I can smell, think, and do. It reminded me that thought is the most powerful tool humans possess. My life, especially my childhood years, has been filled with a lot of suffering, sadness, hopelessness most of it due to war and poverty. All through my teenage years I felt like a lost soul; always asking questions and feeling that there was no answer out there, I felt like a lone soul in the universe. Then, in my early twenties I began noticing some "coincidences" (of course now I know there is no such thing as a coincidence). In my mid twenties I began to consider the idea of "the other side" because there were so many "coincidences" happening in my life that I just was having a hard time believing they were "coincidences" anymore. Now in my late twenties, after reading Concetta Bertoldi's book Inside the Other Side: Soul Contracts, Life Lessons, and How Dead People Help Us, Between Here and Heaven, I realize that all the struggles up to this point in my life have happened for a reason. Now, when I look back I realize that souls on the other side that are somehow connected to me have been there with me all along giving me strength and guidance.

I now work as a registered nurse, and have been for years. I was beginning to experience what is called "empathy burnout." However, all that changed when I read Concetta's book. When I went back to the hospital, after reading her book, I felt completely different about the work I do; my passion and dedication for nursing has been restored, and for that I am grateful!!!

I now realize and feel an incredible honor to have the opportunity to care for the souls that are at the end of their days in this physical dimension (aka earth). I have seen and heard many patients talk to the other side when they are dying. Some sound reluctant to go, others sound and seem at peace. I can only imagine how beautiful it must be to see and follow the light to the other side, and to be welcomed by all the souls of family members that have passed long before.

To all those souls that at some point were my patients and that have now passed, thank you for allowing me to be part of your life story. Thank you for allowing me to hold your hand and be part of one of your most private last moments on earth as your soul made its way back home, to the other side. I hope that my nursing care made your last days here on earth more bearable. I also hope that the higher power (aka God to many) is proud of me and the work I do.

Thank you Concetta for writing such an important book. This is exactly the book I needed to read at this point in my life.

Nelson