4 out of 5 stars

on October 30, 2003
I've just finished teaching nine units of Inside Out to my advanced class. I find it to be very effective and slick. The students find the topics interesting, and the examples of language are real and useful. This student's book is supplemented by a workbook, an audio cassette, a resource book and a teacher's book. You have to buy these separately. There's also a video you can get, but we don't have it.
The advanced course has twelve units: identity, taste, city, talk, luck, mind, cyberspace, law, first, stories, word, and conscience. Each unit lasts a good 15 or so hours. The workbook contains a separate writing course within it, which is well constucted, and I use it a lot. The writing topics are perhaps a little on the dull side, but it's very helpful for structured writing practice.
Inside Out is much better than Cutting Edge or Headway, in my opinion. The activities are more interesting, modern and international, and the emphasis is more on using the language in context rather than on gap-fill exercises.
Perhaps it could update the music it includes, though.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations