5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful, rolicking story for the very young.
Simple, repetitive, and catchy - my one year old loves this book. With anticipation she waits for the end and joins in for the final "mama, mama, I went to town, inside, outside, upside down!"
Published on April 13, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge this book by its cover.
This was a favorite of my kids so I'm now getting it for my grandkids. The spine of this book is just cheap paper and it isn't going to last. As soon as the baby opens it up and sits on it, bites it, whatever it will be broken. And that's why we buy board books so they will hold up to rough play. Very disappointing. I looked at them in a store and they were this way...
Published 1 month ago by preschoolteacher

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful, rolicking story for the very young., April 13, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Really teaches inside and outside, May 19, 2000
By A Customer
My 1-year-old loves this book. I was amazed when at 11 months she crawled into a big box I'd just brought in, when we read the "Going in" page and then came out with a big smile on her face when we came to the "Coming out" page. I saved the box and it's still a favorite game to act out the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars TIMELESS, October 13, 2005
This review is from: Inside Outside Upside Down (Bright & Early Books) (Hardcover)
I read this book to my boys 30+ years ago, and am just thrilled to be buying it for a new grandson. I had no idea it was still available new. It is so cute and kids absolutely love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining introduction to some basic vocabulary, January 14, 2001
"Inside, Outside, Upside Down," by Stan and Jan Berenstain, is one of the excellent "Berenstain Bears" series of children's books. This volume uses a very simple text and colorful illustrations to introduce some basic prepositions and adverbs to beginning readers.
The simple plot follows the adventure of the Bear family's young boy cub, who "stows away" in a box and gets shipped to town. This is, however, one aspect of the book of which parents should be cautious. Enjoy the book with your children, but make sure they know not to climb into and hide in strange containers--such activity might be dangerous! The hero of our book, on the other hand, suffers no ill consequences from his actions.
Overall, "Inside, Outside..." is not the best in the "Bears" series, but it is still an entertaining book with educational value. And the characteristic Berenstain artwork is always charming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, July 16, 1999
By A Customer
I drove my mother crazy having her read this book to me when I was little. It is still one of my favorites.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inside Outside Upside Down, December 11, 2002
A Kid's Review
This book is a good book for children because it makes them think. It talks about him, going inside a box, then its turned upside down, then he goies outside, and it talks about all of the directions he goes while he is inside the box. Thats why it makes you think. You have to try to figure out the order and everything. So that is why i think this book is a good one for younger children. It makes them use their heads.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 Years Old..., April 8, 2003
If you read this to your child enough times, s/he just might surprise you by picking it up one day and reading it to him/herself. That's what happened to my mother when I was but a wee 4 years old. This book will always hold a special place in my heart. I know that my daughter will enjoy it too, even if she's already reading "Hop on Pop" by herself. (And she's only 4 too.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful beginner book!, January 7, 2007
This is one my son's favorite books. We started reading it to him when he was about six months old. Now, he's two years old and still absolutely loves it - when we read to him and when he "reads" to us.

Like all Berenstain's beginning books, this book is a wonderful vocabulary lesson. Our son has clearly expressed his understanding of "inside," "outside," "upside down," etc. for the last six months. When our friends and family comment on his impressive comprehension we always say, "It's thanks to the Berenstains."

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pre-reader, February 7, 2012
GL (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
We borrowed this book from the library but read it so often, I decided to surprise my 3-year son with his very own copy -- he loved it! I, in turn, was surprised by how small this book is (fits in your hand) compared to the one from the library (standard size) but it still has a lovely story inside ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars I learned to read with this book and still have it memorized., November 17, 2009
I learned how to read with this book and 25+ yrs later still have it memorized. "Mama Mama I went to town! Inside, Outside, Upside Down!" My younger sibling learned how to read with it too. I'm holding on to it now to teach my own kids.

It is perfectly catchy and repetitive to be pleasant and memorable to kids. The pictures are simple and fun, helping a kid associate their playtime with the words. So I'm over the moon about this book!

Inside Outside Upside Down (Bright & Early Books)
Inside Outside Upside Down (Bright & Early Books) by Stan Berenstain (Hardcover - October 12, 1968)
$8.99 $8.09