Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 9, 2002
For anyone who wants to learn more about "The Secret Garden" and its author--where the original garden really was, how an English robin differs from an American robin, how to make a nesting station for birds in your garden, what "oatcakes" and "doughcakes" are and how to make them (along with other recipes from the book), how to plant a miniature secret garden, how to make a windchime from keys like the one that unlocked the Secret Garden, and lots more! Wonderful gift. Tasha Tudor illustrations.
on June 16, 2008
Darling little book. A joyable read with many activies, recipes and ideas for ones own little secret garden entertaining and planning events. Any one who enjoys Frances Hodgson Burnett's writings will want to add this to their collection. Wonderful illustrations by Tasha Tudor and Mary Colllier, which is an added bonus. Both Carolyn Collins and Christina Eriksson, did a wonderful job in writing this book
on May 6, 2013
If you loved The Secret Garden as a child, read it with your own children, or just read it as an adult you will enjoy this book of recipes and crafts.

I played Mrs. Medlock in a production of The Secret Garden and had fun telling the children playing Mary & Colin that an oatcake was basically oatmeal and water baked on a hot rock, and they enjoyed hearing that as well.

I can't wait to make the birdbath as outlined in the book.

I can't say I'm thrilled with all the crafts and recipes but it's still a very nice book and I'm glad to have it in my library. If you're unsure, check it out from your local library but if you and your children enjoy reading, cooking and crafting together you will most likely enjoy this book.
on May 11, 2012
We are thrilled to add this to our homeschool library. Although we haven't started this unit study yet, we've reviewed the book and are excited to begin.
on March 1, 2015
I bought this for my granddaughter, and she loved it. It looked very interesting to me, as well, so much so I wanted to keep it! LOL