5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
Published 12 months ago by MicroCapClub

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed
Published 13 months ago by G. T. Eilerman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Insider Buy Superstocks: The Super Laws of How I Turned $46K into $6.8 Million (14,972%) in 28 Months (Hardcover)
As a full time microcap investor, I haven't found too many books that correlate with my own investment processes in finding the next microcap that can turn into a small-midcap. However, Jesse Stine's book is about the closest one I've come across. I normally completely tune out books with titles like this one because it's usually some self-described guru trying to sell their "trade like me" DVD series or subscription service. A recommendation from another MicroCapClub member prompted me to buy the book, and I'm glad I did. Jesse doesn't invest exclusively in microcaps, but many of his big winners started out as microcaps.

In the book, Jesse goes into great detail about his trading-investing strategy that turned $46,000 into $6.8 million in 28 months from 2003 - 2006. The more I read the book the more I realized that someone finally put 90% of my own investing philosophy down on paper. I was immediately jealous and annoyed that Jesse beat me to it

A big part of Jesse's philosophy is completely tuning out the media and financial publications as they are a distraction. He rightly points out that when you start to hear a trend or stock on CNBC it's normally time to sell, not buy. It's also important to not put too much emphasis on general market performance. The great stocks will move up in any macro market condition. I agree completely with these two points, as ZAGG has always been my example of a stock that went up 250% during the crash of 2008-09.

Jesse's investment philosophy is very similar to my own so it was a very easy and enjoyable read. Jesse is very picky, and holds only a few companies that fit a strict set of criteria. Jesse isn't a day trader as his normal position is for a few weeks to a year. His approach combines a strict set of technical and fundamental analysis. He uses technical analysis for his buy-sell points, but he mostly uses fundamental analysis to find his next "superstock". I was very impressed with his list of "Fundamental Super Laws" for picking winners. He goes into detail about share structure, earnings growth, operating leverage, comps, backlog, insider buying, super trends, etc.

If you are a passionate investor like I am, you will be able to read this book in a night or two. I highly recommend reading this book. I found it very useful and you will too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, July 9, 2013
G. T. Eilerman "Tom" (Coral Springs. FL USA) - See all my reviews
I've been investing for 40 years and have bought many investment books. I bought this book because it had a rating of 5 stars from 75 of 76 reviewers. But I should have analyzed the reviewers, not the book. Of the 76 reviewers, only one is a verified Amazon purchaser. Almost all of the reviewers have only reviewed this book and nothing else. Did they buy this book or was it given to them? Also, there is no publisher shown on the book. Half the book is spent on the author's life to fill the pages and the rest of the book is based on very risky speculative low probability investing. I'm disappointed that Amazon allows all these reviews from people who possibly may have been given the book, a book which has no known publisher. Amazon should require that reviewers be verified Amazon purchasers. I recommend "In the Trading Cockpit with the O'Neil Disciples", 4 stars, and almost all 72 reviewers are verified Amazon purchasers. Also, "How to Make Money in Stocks" by William O'Neil is a outstanding classic book.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book that keeps on giving, June 4, 2013
I've read this book a number of times already and keep picking up new information. Its up to date and relevant charts are refreshingly dissected by a master at work. Any trader serious about making money must read this book. Learning from this uniquely successful trader has had a huge impact on my learning curve and the book comes as highly recommended as anything I've previously read. trading is a game of inches but this book instantly gives you the first mile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant., June 24, 2013
The brilliance of Jesse's book has been captured very well and eloquently across the many 5 star reviews that have gone before me, and I doubt I can add anything more; but I feel I must try - I owe it to Jesse, and I owe it to you...

I have been investing and trading part time now for about four years, and I realize to have a rounded idea on where I am headed financially, I need some solid knowledge and ideas on how to get from here to there. This book embodies so much of that whole rounded process of ideas and techniques and mentality. The more I learn about this endeavor, the more I read, the more I actually let go of, and come full circle - to the core principles. Unless you want to become an esoteric day trading scalper (which is totally fine), then this book will be for you. There really is so much in this book that it could be all you really need.

Compounding all of the praise from the reviewers before me, I think the piece that resonates with me is that, yes, Jesse is in some ways extraordinary in the way he sees himself, his situations and how he chooses to look forward and move on. And yes, 14,972% in 28 months seems like a figure thats simply unnatural and impossible. But its true. Is it reproducible to that extent? Perhaps not, I dont know, but I am an optimist. From what I have learnt from my experience with investing, its that a lot is possible when theres true, congruent and unfettered guidance, and Jesse gives us that in this book.

Jesse shares everything in this book - theres no secrets, no hard sells. Just the facts, presented brilliantly by the man himself, and it is for us to judge the words and their meaning, how we see fit. But if you are truly serious about growing your wealth, are committed to looking in as well as out, and stepping up and doing what is necessary to achieve great things, then this book could very well be the only real manual you will need.

I know this - my future is brighter now than it was before I read this book. I have learnt so much already from just a second read, and it is absolutely clear beyond any doubt, Jesse has a profound way of focusing on the things that matter to bring all of the moving parts together to create something astonishing - and its all here in this book for us to learn from.

I was very recently asked to mentor somebody on investing, and without a second thought, I gave that person the book and asked them to simply read it from front to back, twice at least. It really is a special book.

Thanks Jesse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average book, June 9, 2013
So... this book is not your average stock market book and I've read most of the go to trading books. The author gives a very different, unconventional point of view and justifies it. Obviously his strategy has proven successful, which is evident in the title. He has some great quotes in the book but this is my favorite;

"The most successful long term stock market investors are those who have mastered the fine art of taking large CALCULATED risks. These rare traders take immediate and decisive action when they see great potential reward in combination with minimal and well-defined risk. Such a one-sided situation is what I like to call a "Fat Pitch."
By all means, if you want to be like everybody else--if you want an average life and average rates of return--you must avoid risk at any cost.......If you were to ask somebody on their death bed what their biggest regret in life was, I can almost guarantee that their big regret was not taking more calculated risks along the way. To me, life without some level of risk just isn't worth living. There's no point in living if you don't feel alive."

It's a beautiful philosophy that I share and maybe that's why I've identified with it. This book is worth the risk and investment :) It will be a best seller soon enough, I'm sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP 10 Trading Book for ANY Investor or Trader!, June 3, 2013
I have read hundreds of trading books, studied thousands of "monster stocks", written programs for Wyckoff trading, have a CMT, am a level 3 candidate for the CFA, and even composed a 300 page fundamental and technical analysis manual from my observations and learnings... and this is one of the top 10 trading resources I've ever seen. Jesse Stine has succinctly yet elaborately shown numerous techniques, ideas, points, and examples of one of the most profitable and widely attempted [unsuccessfully] trading methodologies out there. The narrative is engaging, and the analysis is both simple yet in-depth. Many attempt "Investor's Business Daily"-type trading using screens and simple techniques while Stine goes further into showing the importance of SEC filings and further fundamental and technical research as applied for growth investing versus value investing. The book's succinct explanations include so many time tested points such as:

-trend trading and pivot days (Livermore)
-price and volume (Richard Wyckoff)
-earnings and sales (William O'neil)
-insider buying (Norman Fosback)
-contrarian viewpoints (David Dreman, Howard Marks, etc)
-financial statement analysis (Graham and Dodd)
-leverage and strength (Richard Love)
-weekly charts and volume (Nicholas Darvas)
-price-earnings ratios (Marty Zweig)
-relative strength and low risk entry (Mark Minervini)
-many more

Jesse Stine's back story and interests in life, meaning, travel, and human psychology strongly resonate with my personal experiences, history, and interests. Anyone questioning Stine's ability only need follow him on Stocktwits for a small amount of time before they see instant value in his commentary. Well rounded and insightful, this book is a must-have reference for any trader attempting to emulate performance from their favorite growth investor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Contrarian Approach, July 23, 2013
Really enjoyed this book. Jesse writes about his process on finding stocks with great upside potential. Definitely like no other investment book I've ever read. Get this if you want to learn a different approach on finding stocks with great upside potential and how to spot tops. Would definitely recommend for all types of investors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, July 17, 2013
Definitely a must read for enthusiastic investors passionate about the markets. Lots of informative information one can take and adapt to their own strategies for investing. I highly recommend this book as one of the top 5 investing books out there! And I have read over a 100! I really like Jesse's humble approach to the markets, especially allowing you to think like an institutional investor and not get caught up in all the noise day to day. 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Uncommon sense!, July 7, 2013
I have just completed reading this book for the first time. I know that I will read it again and expect it to be useful in providing focus when needed. Jesse communicates in clear matter of fact way his methodology for success and his candid retelling of past experiences are both useful and entertaining. While some may not agree, I find his strategies make very good sense. I highly recommend you buy this book.

Thank you Jesse!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a book which speaks the truth about investing in stocks--and shows you HOW!, June 9, 2013
Kirk D. Nemer (Denver, Colorado USA) - See all my reviews
I'm an economist, and an individual investor for over 20 years. I've read most of the investment books-- from Rich Dad to Harry Dent, and this was the first investment book I've read which illustrates HOW an individual investor can block out the media noise and truly win the the stock market! The author is clearly an average American who took his own savings and made a true fortune by investing in just a few stocks at the right times, rather than with mutual funds and diversification games.

This book is worth every dollar spent on it!

$39.99 $29.59
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies