4.0 out of 5 stars Insignia soundbar model NS-SBAR
I've read several bad reviews on this soundbar, but I listened to it in the store and compared to all the rest I was pleased. I got it home and it works great! The hum when the soundbar is still on with TV off is really minor. Just turn off the bar!

Published on April 6, 2011 by William Waldeck

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound for price!
Published on June 29, 2011 by Rup5318

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Insignia soundbar model NS-SBAR, April 6, 2011
This review is from: Insignia - Home Theater Soundbar Speaker System (Electronics)

I added a 10" sub woofer to it and now it is amazing for the money invested. I suspect that this model is now off the shelve as obsolete since it only has RCA connectors. I bought the last one at Best Buy.Most equipment for HD is offering HDMI outlets.

If you can get this through Amazon for less than $100.00 it is a deal!

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this thing., June 30, 2011
I consider myself an audiophile, however, at the end of the day, what I really was looking for was a space saving speaker setup to replace my broken stereo. I didn't want to mess with wires, and didn't care about having 5.1 anymore since I rarely took advantage of it. I was looking for a rich 2 channel system for watching tv, but mainly for playing video games.

This thing sounds GREAT. Surprisingly so. I don't have the optional subwoofer hooked up because you really don't need it. With the internal sub turned up mildly, it delivers deep bass, clear mids, and nice high end sound. For gaming, it's great. The far separation of the left and right channel delivers an encompassing stereo effect, noticeably better than my old traditional stereo. The dynamic volume feature is not good for games as it tends to catch loud sounds too late, but for movies and television it works astonishingly well. For movies that have very quiet dialogue then sudden loud action sequences, this evenly distributes the volume so that you can hear the dialogue and the loud sounds still have an impact, but doesn't blow your head off, or send you fumbling to adjust the volume.

For the price, it's well worth the money, in fact I'd put it in the $200+ range in terms of quality. It's not your extra deluxe high end system for a home theater, but if you're looking for something superior to your built in tv speakers, get this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound for price!, June 29, 2011
I purchased a used one off Amazon.com. It sounds great for the amount I paid. My 42" TV has terrible speakers and this is exactly what I needed to boost the sound. I have it hooked right into the Dish Network receiver. Lots of people complain of a humming noise and yes there is a slight one, but seriously?! You have to have super hearing to hear this this hum or be right up next to it. I just turn it off every night anyways who would leave it on all the time? Thats wasting electricity and money. I paid $47 total for my used one and for $47 its well worth it! Don't be afraid to purchase this product its worth it.

**Update** 4/5/13
After having this product for about 2 years its now gone to crap. It works but has this very very annoying buzzing sound. Its getting louder and louder everytime I turn it on. Very upset because it was so great at first.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound for the price!, September 1, 2011
I purchased this new, open box from ebay. I was amazed by the sound quality. It definitely exceeded my expectations. It has a nice deep bass and clear highs. I dont find much difference in the dynamic settings on the remote. But I love being able to easily adjust the bass levels from the remote. I don't know how much I trust the wall mount though. It seems to small to hold that weight on only drywall. I'd give the sound quality a 9 out of ten, the build quality an 8 out of ten due to the flimsy seeming wall mount, over all, it is a great buy fro the money. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants more out of their TV for under $100.

1.0 out of 5 stars High pitch sounds, February 22, 2012
This sound bar came with a faulty power supply which is a known problem. (Google it) Based on my reseach once you have the right power supply this is a great soundbar.
The problem is you don't know which one you are getting when you order this from Amazon. Insignia will not work with you unless you bought this at best buy.

So right now I'm stuck with soundbar that only works when the TV is on but have to deal with a high pitch sounds whenever the TV is off, or if I am fast forwarding a recorded show.
might sound minor but it's very annoying. I will never buy anything from Insignia again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, October 19, 2012
I needed a better sound from my Toshiba 32" TV than the tinny sound that came from the on-board TV speakers. This did not accomplish the need. The sound was more like listening to an echo chamber, and all adjustments allowed by the Insigna sound bar did not improve the sound. I do, however think it may very well be the ticket for a home computer rather than a TV sound system.

Although I still have the Insigna I do not use it. I boxed it up, stored it in the attic, and purchased a BOSE SOLO, which is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Insignia Sound Bar, January 7, 2012
We have an Insignia 32" TV and the sound isn't very good. The addition of the sound bar made a world of difference. Now the sound is great and much more enjoyable to watch TV. We had to put the soundbar behind the TV and that doesn't make a difference--the sound is still great. Highly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Squeal is unbearable, December 4, 2011
It sounds fine when it is low, but when you want to have the volume up a little more than 'quiet time', the accompanying squeal is unbearable. I am getting rid of it and getting a Visio.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed review, January 15, 2011
I purchased this to accompany my Sony Bravia HDTV. The wall mounting guide provided IS NOT MEASURED CORRECTLY. It's off by about 3/8 of an inch which makes the wall mounting impossible if you use the guide (the brackets aren't properly aligned with the back of the unit). So if you buy this product, do the measuring yourself, dont' trust the wall mounting guide.

The sound is good, not great.

5.0 out of 5 stars soundbar, February 13, 2013
I read the other reviews about a humming noise....Not So! I have an Insignia TV as well and it is just great for the price. You really can't beat it....great with my PS3, computer and movies.....highly recommend

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›