Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on April 20, 2011
This machine has very good specs for the price, it has a powerful processor and enough ram for fast processing. My only comment is that it does not have indicators to show when you have on the caps or number lock.
on March 17, 2011
This laptop is great for anyone's everyday tasks, but don't expect to be away from an outlet for too long since the battery barely survives 2 hrs. Additionally, the speakers do not play as loud as expected, and you do not hear them clearly if the laptop is in your laptop because they're basically facing downwards on front lip of the laptop.
Besides those two issues, the laptop works great, looks great, feels great and the price is great!
on March 20, 2011
For the price you can't go wrong with this laptop. I paid 499 plus shipping. Great everyday workhorse laptop, Core i3 4gb ram, 320gb hd, 64 bit OS, webcam, etc.

Pros:
Good construction
Lightweight
Very nice design and color
Fast
Fan is quiet
10 key keypad
Plays Everquest 2! I'm happy with that for basic graphics card.

Cons:
Battery life, may get lucky and get about 2 hours on full charge, so don't expect to get too far away from an outlet.
Keyboard- feels kinda cheaply constructed, but not that bad, Dell had to save money somewhere. Also, keyboard feels a little cramped with 10 key option.

Overall a very good laptop for the price if you're looking for one under $500. Suites my needs very well. I would definately recommend to friends.
22 comments4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2011
Was looking for a reaosnably priced system to perform basic office functions. Saw the product and from the reviews online new that it would suffice. Have since upgraded to 8G and performance has improved. However, developed 2 vertical lines across the screen on one of the systems. Have since contacted Dell and they have identified it to be a hardware problem. The warrantee will kick in and take care of the fix as soon as I can get the system back to the Depot.
on June 9, 2012
My standard for computers is low: don't make too much noise, don't hang, no permanent bloatware, don't overheat the hand-rest, and maintain a certain feel of quality. Measured by this minimum standard, the Dell 15R passes. There were some minor annoyances, however. In terms of look and feel, the shiny keyboard cover is easily smudged and looks cheap, like a cookie tin box. Not a big deal, but it doesn't wear well. More importantly, the mouse is hyper-sensitive and tends to make the cursor jump around in the middle of ordinary typing. There is a key to disable the mouse, so that's an option. I've read of other users having the same problem.

On the positive side, my machine was super durable. I really beat this computer up, and over the 18 months I used it, it never let me down. I did have to ship it back to Dell twice, to replace two motherboards, a battery, a hard drive and a heat fan (or was it three times? It was a lot). I can't blame Dell for the failures - I was to blame, or circumstances, but Dell did the repairs without objection. Which reminds me of another small problem: in order to replace the hard drive, you have to pry the keyboard off. Removing and reinstalling the keyboard was beyond my capacities, so I had to pay Dell to do it for me. Why it's designed like that, I have no idea.

In addition to an admirable durability and sturdiness through all the rough use, the very best thing was the super quiet heat fan - I could barely hear it! Sometimes I wondered it was on or not, it was so quiet. And the fan did not appear to slow the processor, which can sometimes happen. Nice.

I'd give Dell overall a B+ for the machine - it's durable, quiet, powerful, buy the look and feel could use an upgrade. I liked it enough to get another Inspiron, this time the Inspiron 15. After all the money Dell spent on repairs, it was the least I could do.
on April 18, 2011
This is a very good computer for the price. I replaced a five year old laptop so the difference in speed is a big improvement. The keyboard is very user friendly and I like the addition of the number pad. I haven't had it long enough to comment on reliability, but have had several Dell computers and never had a hardware problem. The one complaint I have is that the latest version of Adobe Flash Player will not work on 64 bit without changing to 32 bit.
on September 2, 2015
Excellent item!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2012
first it was an used items. it had a windows user. The lcd doesn't turn on sometimes. i contact dell for the warranty and they told me i needed to know the name the computer was registry to in order to get warranty, but when i contact the seller he told me he dint had that information.And amazon told me "Since you have purchased the item with seller, we can't help you with it."
11 comment0 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2011
Bought this laptop at a great price. I have had absolutely no problems with it. It has all the space I need and everything else I was able to find for free online and download or buy at a discounted price through my work. It worked out great. Thanks!
on April 13, 2011
La portatil en capacidad y rendimiento es excelente, corre programas de diseño, tambien tiene una capacidad de respuesta bastante rapida... El unico problema es que la bateria le dura 2 horas, en el manual dice que maximo te puede durar 3 horas...
En realidad es una desventaja grande pero en fin en las especificaciones si dice que la bateria es de 6 celdas una capacidad limitada para una laptop..
la maquina por el precio es una buena oportunidad de adquirir un excelente producto a un costo accesible para muchas personas.
0Comment1 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse