Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

on June 1, 2010
I bought this battery for my Dell Vostro 1500. Everything seemed to work fine the first 45 days or so. Then for no apparent reason this battery died. Just like that.

This battery comes with a one year warranty. So I contacted Amazon customer service. Of course, I am out of their 30 day period to send it back. They asked me to contact the manufacturer (NG). Amazon doesn't even know what NG is, and what the contact info is. They asked me to contact the seller (Westronics).

I called Westronics. Left them a voicemail. Haven't heard back from them yet. If there is any progress I'll update this review. But for now, this battery is a piece of junk and customer service is the worst.
33 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2009
I have a Dell Inspiron 1520. My old battery only held about 30 minutes of charge so I decided it was time to get a new one. I was wary about purchasing the battery from pyrus electronics since it was so cheap. Nonetheless, the battery arrived on time and it works perfectly fine. When the battery is fully charged, I get about five to seven hours of power (depending on screen brightness, active programs, etc.).

Also, my battery fit perfectly into the slot. There was no force necessary as stated in a previous review.
1010 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2010
Despite their claims, this battery does NOT fit correctly in an Inspiron 1720. It is just loose enough to lose contact when I transport my laptop in its case. When I try to awake the computer from hibernation, it ALWAYS reboots completely, telling me Windows did not shut down properly. I lose all my open windows, work-in-progress,etc -- all the advantages of hibernation. Not sure about other models, but AVOID this battery for an Inspiron 1720.
on August 4, 2009
I bought this product admittedly without reading carefully enough through the product description: I took myself to be buying an original Dell battery. When it arrived, it did not fit quite perfectly into my computer; it took an unhappy amount of force to get it situated. My computer (an Inspiron 1520) did indeed recognize the battery without any problem. However, it does not seem to power the computer for as long as my original Dell battery did, which would last for almost 6 hours when it was new. Perhaps this is because I have not yet "trained" the battery. But after the first charge and deplete and recharge, my battery meter now tells me that the freshly charged battery is good for about 4 and a half hours. That's not quite as good as I was hoping.
on February 2, 2011
Hey all, just wanted to post in because I own a Vostro 1500, and couldn't really find other reviews with this laptop. The battery fits perfectly, slides right in. So you don't have to worry about any fitment issues.

Can't really comment on how much better or worse this battery is than what we had. We had the regular non-extended battery and it was just holding less and less of a charge. Can't really specify on how long this one lasts, but it's really not bad considering the machine hardly clocks down or dims the screen or anything when you unplug it.

Also, YES, the battery sticks out the back. My thought process was that the laptop is already so fat, bulky, and unsightly to begin with that who is going to care? It sticks out maybe an inch, and in all honesty, isn't a nuisance at all. If you are going to buy a non-name brand battery, you may as well get the extended one. It's nice that it sticks out the back instead of underneath.

I went for it because of the price, which is a great deal. We'll see how long it lasts. Ordered from Laptopmate, great packaging and fast shipping.

EDIT: Still going strong after a few months! What a deal! Don't pay over $100 for a Dell battery!

Update July 2012: Year and a half later and still giving my Vostro 1500 3+ hours of battery. This is a fantastic deal. Buy this battery.
on January 27, 2010
Good battery. Fit perfectly. Not quite as good performance as my original dell 9-cell (now 4.5 hrs instead of original 5+), but at 1/5th of the price I am completely satisfied with this product. Please note that this is the 9-CELL battery and will stick out the back. Some people seem upset that this battery sticks out the back and their old one did not. The 6-cell does not stick out like the 9-cell. Please do not rate this product low because the battery sticks out. This is due to the design by DELL and not because of this specific battery.

I would definitely recommend this product.

Edit: Its almost 2 years later and this battery is toast. I get maybe 15 minutes out of it now. I would say it lasted a little over a year and a half before the time left on the battery became to short to use off of A/C power. This battery lasted maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of the time I had the original battery. It should be noted that I am hard on batteries. I'm bad at doing full charges/discharges. However, this does not change my rating. You cannot beat the price. Dell does not sell the 9-cell battery for my 1520 anymore and the 6-cell is $136. I will be purchasing another one soon.
on January 30, 2010
My old stock battery only held a charge for 20 minutes' worth of use, so I definitely needed a new one. When I saw this one, it was an easy choice. Being a 9-cell, it's important to remember that it will stick out a bit (roughly an inch) from the back of your laptop; I do not see this as a con.

My laptop (Vostro 1500) accepted it without the slightest difficulty, and sliding it into the battery slot was effortless. Even after the recommended breaking in process (which was presented in badly translated English), it does not last as long as I had hoped. I can get two to three (somewhere in the middle) hours of moderate use from a full charge, which is still a marked improvement. The computer's power gauge estimate of how long the battery lasts is not accurate, sadly. It believes the charge lasts longer than it really does, and the battery dies around the 10% mark (though when I plug it in and turn it back on, it properly reports the approximately 0% reading). There may be a way to fix this, but I don't know it.

All things considered, this is probably not the highest quality battery you can find, but it's more than worth it for the price.
on October 19, 2010
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME!!!! This battery charged 100% when first received and within 3 weeks was down to 33%! Now another week and it is at 30%, at this rate will be gone in the next month. $35.00 for two months is too expensive. It will not hold a charge and the company will not reply to emails. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!
on May 29, 2010
I was very happy to see this batter was as cheap as it was. I believe I paid 45 for item and shipping. My dell Vostro 1500 had the standered battery that after 2 years could not hold but a few minutes of power which was very frustrating.. I checked the prices for a new dell replacement and there were around 150$, so I was very very happy to purchase this one for 40$.

The baterry will last 4 hours on power saver while in use, and I left my laptop in hibernate all night without having it plugged in and it maybe knocked off 1% of the battery life.. I am very please with this battery for the price.. I am not sure how many years it will last but will do for now. Currently my laptop says 3hr 30min/ 77% remaining..

A previous review said it sticks out about an inch, it actually sticks out 13/16" so just over 3/4 of an inch which is a benefit because this prevents you from tilting the laptop back and pinching your cords that are plugged in (for a vostro at least). My battery came with instuctions to recharge and deplete the battery for 3 cycles. You should not have any problems, hope this helps.
on January 28, 2010
This battery worked for about 2 weeks and would randomly lose power and cause my system to crash and shut off. I don't recommend this product or anyone who sells such a bad product tto anyone.