Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 699 questions
votes
Yes it has a saute setting --this is used without the lid on. (not pressurized)
Aug 20, 2013 by KIM
votes
The inner stainless steel pot, silicone sealing ring, and anti-block shield are all dishwasher safe. Having said that, the inner pot comes clean very easily with just a little soaking - and I've only used the dishwasher once. The lid with sealing ring and anti-block shield will remain clean under most cases, and usually requires only a quick rinse under the tap. There is a lip around the body of the instant pot where the lid fits that can, on occasion get food trapped into, and this is a little more difficult to clean, though some wiping with a paper towel usually moves the food to an area that is accessible.
Mar 18, 2014 by Nathan Knight
votes
Different design- looks more progressive, more options in Lux 60- u can make yogurt in your IP!!! Other functions the same.
Oct 11, 2014 by Masha
votes
It is not marked, but the pot is not flimsy at all. It is very heavy and cleans nicely with a plastic scrubby! I have had mine over a year, and it has been through the dishwasher a hundred, still looks brand new!
Sep 16, 2014 by Char
votes
To adjust for a 15psi conversion from 11.6 increase your time 2.5 minutes for every 10 minutes of stated time : For 60 minutes increase time to 75 minutes - 60 divided by 10 = 6 x 2.5 = 15 total of 75 or you can use this calc 100 min x .23 = 23 minutes (20%) or 60 x .23 = 13.8 - I would use my first calc for safety
Nov 18, 2013 by Cagey
votes
From instant pot FAQ: "Can I do canning with Instant Pot? The short answer is Yes. Low-acid foods (e.g. vegetables, meats, poultry, and seafood) must be sterilization at a temperature of 240°F (115°C) or higher. Instant Pot's working temperature is in the range of 115°C~118°C or 239°F~244°F, which is sufficient for canning purpose. 3 Altas Mason jars (6.5in tall and 3.5in in diameter and hold 3.25 cups of water) can fit inside a 6qt Instant Pot. When canning the jars, you should close the jar lid entirely. The trick is to tighten the jar lid and then turn it open a quarter turn. You can use the Steam function to set pressure keeping time on your canning recipe."
Jul 27, 2014 by ABC
votes
where is it made? Oct 11, 2014
Designed in Canada, made in China, of course.
Oct 12, 2014 by bizyniz
vote
Yes the outside casing of the unit stays cool. Only part that heats up and it even has warning labels is the top part of the lid where you see the metal on both sides.
Dec 25, 2013 by Andres Ramirez
vote
I have no clue what psi it achieves. I cook in this several times a week and use the suggested cooking times on recipes. I Love it! Cooked lamb and navy bean dish in it last night. 45 min was perfect for the lamb and dried beans. I couldn't be happier and have given it as a gift as well.
Feb 9, 2013 by Rebecca Wolfe
vote
Lid will feel slightly loose until the pressure builds up. There's almost no way to make this thing unsafe...the most unsafe thing you can do is attempt to let the pressure off manually by releasing the top valve without shielding your hand from the steam. Be sure you point the skinny end of the pressure valve on top toward you...once the pressure builds up, this should be pretty much sealed. If not, it isn't seated quite right.
Dec 20, 2014 by Tom Hales
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   70   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers