Earlier versions of Instructional Technology and Media for Learning have received the following recognition:
• Outstanding Book in Educational Technology and Teacher Education from the Association of Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) Teacher Education Division
• The James Brown Award for the Best Non-Periodic Publication in the Field of Educational Technology from AECT
• The Outstanding Instructional Communication award from the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI)
• The Visual Design and Layout Award from the Design Society of America
From the Back Cover
Are you ready to integrate technology into your classroom? Instructional Technology and Media for Learning will guide you as you begin to incorporate computer technology and other media into your teaching. With its hallmark ASSURE technology integration model and classroom cases, this renowned text and its online resources guide you as you apply what you learn about computers, multimedia, Internet, distance learning, and Web 2.0 technologies to 21st Century classroom instruction.
This heavily revamped 10th edition invites you to integrate technology into your classroom:
Revised and Updated! The popular ASSURE model for technology and media integration, now introduced and explained in Ch. 3, is integrated throughout the book in the following features providing you with opportunities to practice applying the ASSURE model to today’s 21st Century classrooms:
- ASSURE Classroom Case Studies, at the beginning of chapters, now brings the classroom to life through a video clip of an authentic classroom.
- ASSURE Classroom Case Study Reflections extend the opening case study by stimulating thinking about questions that a teacher may face when considering technology integration in the context of the chapter information.
- ASSURE Lesson Plans, at the end of chapters, offer a fuller version of the ASSURE Classroom Case Study to examine the ASSURE model step by step within the context of a lesson.
Revised! A greater focus on 21st century living and the new directions that impact today’s student learners help you learn how to best utilize technology and media to address your audience’s interests and needs. (Ex. Ch. 2, Understanding 21st Century Learners)
NEW! Innovation on the Horizon features highlight a new, commercially available technology tool and its potential educational application.
Revised and Updated! Media Samples and new Free and Inexpensive Materials features present brief descriptions of technology and media applications in various contexts to make the reader aware of what is available for use in today’s classrooms.
Revised and Updated! Using _____ in the Classroom, When to Use…., and Technology for Diverse Learners features provide helpful tips for using technology for effective classroom instruction for all learners.
New! Marginal annotations point to ASSURE Case videos, Selection Rubrics, web links, and an interactive chapter-by-chapter study plan available on password protected site. (For more information about purchasing access to this online resource please visit www.pearsonhighered.com.)