Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on September 26, 2002
This manual is a nice addition to SICP, if you are trying to teach yourself. Some points are clarified, and there are some additional exersices. Unfortunatly, in this edition, the extended exercises were removed, and they were pretty cool (implementing object oriented programming,for example). Nevertheless, you can download the extended exercises from the book's web site, so all is not lost, but I was disapointed that they were not printed in the instructor's manual this time.
on September 23, 2007
Come on folks, we all know SICP is a classic and the instructor's manual fills in the gaps with additional discussion of key points. However, it's not a perfect substitute for a live instructor.
I'd suggest augmenting both with the videos of the original lectures, freely available from MIT, or the Berkeley lectures recently made available for streaming.
on November 5, 2006
Although I love the underlying book on which this booked is based, I hated this so-called instructor's manual. It simply seems like the authors wanted to make more money by writing a book that rests only on the name of the original. It is in NO way an instructor's manual. As I say above, don't waste your money.
on December 11, 2001
Wow~ Wonderful book! MIT is always MIT. You will learn a lot about scientific programming through reading this book. I agree some point of the previous reviewer. The book doesn't tell you lots of things about essential software developing. However, it trains your brain to stand in the later complex programming.
I started programming since 10, and I have 7 years of programming experience. I still found this book classic. The best book I ever met. If you don't believe me, believe MIT students. It's considered to be the best textbook among them.
You will feel exciting reading the book! You will see how tiny you are in front of an expert.
on April 1, 2000
You can get most of the required materials in the least hours!