5.0 out of 5 stars Insurance Claim Secrets Revealed
Published on September 9, 2008 by Lisa Warren

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok book if you have not utilized the web
I am in the process of a water damage claim for my home and thought this book would be a great resource.
Well, not so much.
I have spent some time digging around the internet and found most of what is referenced in the book is already out there on the web. There are some links to other sites that are interesting but not useful for more information.
Published 8 months ago by Mike

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Insurance Claim Secrets Revealed, September 9, 2008
This review is from: Insurance Claim Secrets Revealed! (Paperback)
Back in March '07, an 18-wheeler knocked the front end of my car off. This was the first accident I have ever been in and didn't have a clue where to begin. The trucking company's insurance company was so rude to me. Probably the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. One morning while dealing with this issue, I heard the dj on the local radio station talking about Russell's book, so I immediately downloaded it when I got to work. It has been a great help to me dealing with this situation. Not only does it talk about vehicle accidents but property damage and more, as well. I would recommend anyone dealing with an insurance company to buy this book. Well worth the knowledge you gain to determine if the insurance company is treating you fairly. Knowledge is Power when dealing with insurance companies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gotta claim? Pays for itself, no question, May 8, 2008
This review is from: Insurance Claim Secrets Revealed! (Paperback)
Of course, the average person won't feel compelled to put this on their bookshelf (ourselves included) until they have a claim situation. The smart ones would consider it beforehand, word to the wise.

Should you have a claim, this book helps illustrate the questions you need to be asking your agent, adjuster and yourself -- the answers and the book would help get you going with a plan forward.

Do you still need a lawyer? Do you still need a public adjuster? Maybe, but at least you might feel clearer about the decision you ultimately make in this regard.

You'll definitely get your $30 back, with interest, taking Mssr Longcore's advice.

Would actually rate it 4.5 stars, but would want more examples in the book, if anything, to rate it 5 stars...
Also, we have one actual complaint - there are multiple references in the book to a website maintained by the author - and ALL THE LINKS ARE DEAD. hUh?

4.0 out of 5 stars If everyone knew!, May 1, 2013
I'm in the industry and I know what this books covers is good information.
Everyone with a large claim should know this stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Information You Won't Find Elsewhere, May 10, 2014
I happen to know this author personally. He made the ultimate sacrifice in writing this book, because it cost him his high paying insurance industry job. If only we had more people like him, who are willing to risk everything to serve the public interest. Excellent information, read it now, and be prepared in case you ever have to face a major property claim. It's written in a very conversational style that is easy to understand and entertaining as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok book if you have not utilized the web, June 17, 2014
Well, not so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent money and sanity saving information!, October 8, 2013
This review is from: Insurance Claim Secrets Revealed! (Paperback)
Get out your highlighter! This was an exceptional book which guided me through the nightmare of a commercial fire loss, saving me thousands of dollars. The information would also be a must-read for personal loss as well. Do yourself a favor and buy this book before you suffer a loss.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good information., December 29, 2013
ChrisAmr (So. Cal., USA) - See all my reviews
Other than the fact that something is up with the PDF format the book contains a bunch of great information. If you have to file a claim of any kind you'll get your money's worth out of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to Know Information, June 29, 2013
This review is from: Insurance Claim Secrets Revealed! (Paperback)
This book is a must for every homeowner to know. 90% of the information in this book is related toward real property as a home owner. I bought this book because I was in an auto accident and I still learned a lot about just how corrupt the insurance industry really is.

I employed some of these terms in my car accidents and the claims adjuster lost control over my claim. However, they still would not pay for replacement cost because their ACV figures are extremely biased due to having a vested interest in the policy.

This book reveals needed information if you ever have a claim against any insurance company. Considering the cost of this book and it is written in language anyone can understand, it is a valuable asset to have available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensible, May 30, 2014
Susan (Falls Church, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Insurance Claim Secrets Revealed! (Paperback)
This book was recommended a year after my house fire. I inhaled it! Mr. Longcore's advice is superb. My insurance company gave me only rudimentary information. Mr. Longcore filled in the blanks. I followed all his advice, even called him a couple times. My insurance company expected me to settle within the first few months. Boy, were they surprised when I kept sending inventories and took the full two years to settle my claim. This book enabled me to settle for a much larger amount.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Information, January 26, 2013
A nice overview of the insurance industry. I got a lot of helpful information for my insurance claim, which went almost exactly has the book wrote about. It does take a few mins. to realize the insurance industry is only looking after them. I know it should be a no brainer, but its easy to get caught up in the marketing they do. Bottom line, lots of good info, I am keeping this book for the next time myself or family member has a claim.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Insurance Claim Secrets Revealed!
Insurance Claim Secrets Revealed! by Russell D. Longcore (Paperback - April 24, 2007)
$29.97 $24.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.