Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Insurance Claim Secrets Revealed!
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 10, 2014
I happen to know this author personally. He made the ultimate sacrifice in writing this book, because it cost him his high paying insurance industry job. If only we had more people like him, who are willing to risk everything to serve the public interest. Excellent information, read it now, and be prepared in case you ever have to face a major property claim. It's written in a very conversational style that is easy to understand and entertaining as well.
on August 29, 2013
I recently had a car damaged in a storm and read this book to help me know what my options were in dealing with my insurance company. Don't think that just by paying your premiums on time they are just going to hand you cash when their claim rep totals your car out. I had to fight for mine and was only 80% satisfied at the outcome..
Insurance seems like a scam to me because it's not cut and dried, even though I had full coverage on my car, I don't think I was treated as fairly as I could have been.
While it wasn't pretty this book gave me options that the claim rep didn't and had I not read this book I would have just taken what
they offered. On any claim you need to check with you state about what rules they have for insurers.
I would recommend anyone dealing with an insurance claim read this book.
on June 29, 2013
This book is a must for every homeowner to know. 90% of the information in this book is related toward real property as a home owner. I bought this book because I was in an auto accident and I still learned a lot about just how corrupt the insurance industry really is.

I employed some of these terms in my car accidents and the claims adjuster lost control over my claim. However, they still would not pay for replacement cost because their ACV figures are extremely biased due to having a vested interest in the policy.

This book reveals needed information if you ever have a claim against any insurance company. Considering the cost of this book and it is written in language anyone can understand, it is a valuable asset to have available.
on October 8, 2013
Get out your highlighter! This was an exceptional book which guided me through the nightmare of a commercial fire loss, saving me thousands of dollars. The information would also be a must-read for personal loss as well. Do yourself a favor and buy this book before you suffer a loss.
on March 27, 2016
Written in a very conversational way, this is a fast read, filled with basic information. While the author seems like a nice enough chap, I was a little surprised that his editors didn't pick up on some pretty sexist language and proud pro-gun opinions -- not expected or necessary in a book about insurance claims in 2016. That said, take the polemic peices out and you've got a nice little book that'll teach you quickly about insurance claims. If it weren't for the unnecessary stuff this would have been a 5.
on June 17, 2014
I am in the process of a water damage claim for my home and thought this book would be a great resource.
Well, not so much.
I have spent some time digging around the internet and found most of what is referenced in the book is already out there on the web. There are some links to other sites that are interesting but not useful for more information.
on May 8, 2008
Of course, the average person won't feel compelled to put this on their bookshelf (ourselves included) until they have a claim situation. The smart ones would consider it beforehand, word to the wise.

Should you have a claim, this book helps illustrate the questions you need to be asking your agent, adjuster and yourself -- the answers and the book would help get you going with a plan forward.

Do you still need a lawyer? Do you still need a public adjuster? Maybe, but at least you might feel clearer about the decision you ultimately make in this regard.

You'll definitely get your $30 back, with interest, taking Mssr Longcore's advice.

Would actually rate it 4.5 stars, but would want more examples in the book, if anything, to rate it 5 stars...
Also, we have one actual complaint - there are multiple references in the book to a website maintained by the author - and ALL THE LINKS ARE DEAD. hUh?
on May 1, 2013
I'm in the industry and I know what this books covers is good information.
Everyone with a large claim should know this stuff.
on April 21, 2016
It was a really good informative read but the relevance of information is called into question. Also I feel many topics could have been substantiated further. For example the 3x specials rules from what I know is from the 80's and no one goes by that anymore. Also his website is down so many of the promised content that wasn't in the book and supposed to be on the site isn't accessible.
on May 30, 2014
This book was recommended a year after my house fire. I inhaled it! Mr. Longcore's advice is superb. My insurance company gave me only rudimentary information. Mr. Longcore filled in the blanks. I followed all his advice, even called him a couple times. My insurance company expected me to settle within the first few months. Boy, were they surprised when I kept sending inventories and took the full two years to settle my claim. This book enabled me to settle for a much larger amount.