Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on November 26, 2007
My name is Jennifer, and I'm a sugar addict! And I never would've realized it if it weren't for this book. The chapter on cravings really opened my eyes to the ways I was eating and how it affects me and my life. After finishing it, I went to my fridge and pantry--and everything I found in there, even healthy stuff I purchased at Whole Foods and the local organic market, were loaded with sugar! I couldn't believe it! Yogurt with 32 grams of sugar! Cereal with 25 grams of sugar! It's no wonder I was so high-strung and never able to concentrate or even sit still for a short period of time. I always thought I just had a minor case of Attention Deficit Disorder, but it turns out, no, I was just on a continuous sugar high! So I decided to take control of my sugar intake. Now, I read the packages of everything I buy, and do my best not to purchase anything with more than 10 grams of sugar, 5 or less is my goal though.

This book will make you take a good look at yourself and the way you're eating. It has awesome exercises at the end of each chapter that will help you see your eating habits and how they affect you. One of the first few chapters had an exercise where you keep track of what you eat for a couple weeks and make note of how hungry you were after you were finished eating and how hungry you were 2 hours later and it turns out, chicken is one of the only things that keeps me full for long periods of time. I was amazed!

Joshua Rosenthal's book Integrative Nutrition is the greatest present you could give yourself. It's the best present you can give anyone (I already gave a copy to my mom for her birthday!). If we all just stepped into our lives and the lives of those we care about and helped each other move in the healthy direction, then this country may have some hope after all.
33 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2007
This book does what no other book on the market is capable of doing. It empowers and inspires the reader without judgment or preaching that there is only one "diet". He addresses theories and nutrition without limitations or making the reader feel as though there is only one way to eat. He also successfully relates to the reader what so many other self proclaimed guru's fail to acknowledge, which is that it is about so much more than the food! Mr. Rosenthal also weaves a fair amount of inspirational stories of some of the amazing people who have trained under him.
Integrative Nutrition is a must read!
on December 9, 2011
Institute Integrative Nutrition rocks. They're now giving away this book as a free download to kindle, ipad or just as a pdf to your computer. Visit bit[.]ly/FreeNutritionEbook to download it off their website.

My friend went through IIN's health coaching training program and said it changed her life and that this book was a big part of it. I was impressed when she sent me this link to download it for free and have been really enjoying it. It's cool that instead of just telling you what to do, they basically train you to listen to your body, mind and heart to learn what it really wants to eat and what other types of "primary food" like social, spiritual and physical activities that will make you really "full". I also really like their focus on the way you eat being as important as what you eat. I definitely have found that eating with more awareness has made me feel like I digest it better, know more when I'm actually full, and enjoy it better too.
on October 4, 2007
Joshua Rosenthal has written a comprehensive yet easy to understand book that tells the reader exactly why diets don't work!

Joshua goes beyond the hype of fad diet books to introduce readers to what really matters in life - finding healthful and nutritious foods that work for your body. This isn't a quick fix! You have to commit to learning and understanding your body, and to not be swept away by hype and false promises of quick and easy weight loss.

Joshua moves beyond the limits of restrictive diets, counting calories, and shame and deprivation that limit the success of most fad diets on the market today. Joshua teaches the reader how to love and nurture their body and soul, and mind, so that health is the only logical outcome.

Bravo! This book is a MUST read!
on July 5, 2008
Joshua Rosenthal's book "Integrative Nutrition" is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to explore and discover the truth about giant food corporations and pharmaceutical companies and how they affect the American diet; the strengths and weaknesses of the popular diets in the market; the reasons why we should listen to our body when we crave for certain foods, the Mind Body Spirit connection, healthy recipes and much, much more. Great pictures,layout etc. A must have Nutrition Resource Book :-)
on January 26, 2013
Originally, I got this book via an ebook while visiting Integrated Nutrition's site. Once I started to read it, I knew I had to have it. I've been doing this healthy lifestyle thing for years now and have read many books. I can say that Joshua has hit the nail on the head better than any author I've ever read. The content is accurate, balanced and at time even quite humorous. He covers it all including factors one might not normally think about. Plus, his one size doesn't fit all philosophy leaves room for a lot of flexibility while still being extremely healthy at an individual level. If you get only one book on the subject, get this one! In fact, I was so impressed I signed up for his nutritional school's program -- no small commitment -- to learn even more.
on November 27, 2007
This book will clarify the mystery of what you should eat to feel and look great. This is the only book I have read on nutrition that explains cravings. Why do 'diets' fail? Because you have cravings! Joshua Rosenthal teaches you how to eat and live in a way that will significantly reduce your cravings. You will learn how to eat delicious, natural foods that nourish your body and soul. I learned from this book that being healthy goes far beyond the food on your plate - lifestyle plays a crucial role in being healthy. Buy this book if you want to really understand nutrition.
on November 4, 2007
Integrative Nutrition is the only book I know that brings together all aspects of health and happiness and really explains the importance of each one of them in achieving optimum health and loving our lives.

I've spent years wondering why some diets worked for me at certain times in my life and why some never did. I've always wondered why sometimes it has seemed so easy to be healthy and, at other times, so much more difficult. Integrative Nutrition has helped me to finally understand that all aspects of my life (my diet, exercise, relationships, spirituality and my career) are crucial components to the big picture of my health and happiness.

Thank you, Joshua, for opening my eyes and for helping us all to feel better, know ourselves better and live lives that we really love!
on February 3, 2013
This was a great book and a fresh look at the very emotive and broad topic of nutrition. In the book Joshua talks about the components beyond just what we put in our mouths. That our results from nutrition are also highly impacted by the relationships we are in or have, plus the work we are doing and our general mental outlook - all which have a huge impact on the internal health that we experience. So great perspective and very well presented.

He also talks about there being many types of diets and many types of people, so rarely does one size fit all. I think this is definitely applicable, but it makes it a little hard for someone reading the book to know what path to go down. Although he does talk about general principles which is important.

I would definitely recommend this for anyone that is interested in the field of nutrition and looking at it with a broader viewpoint. Highly informative.

Plus I had to agree with him, when at the start of the books he talks about how impacted and misled we are by the big players in the good and pharmaceutical industry.

Good read. Do check it out.
on April 18, 2011
This book is more than just a diet book- it is a guild to living a truly holistic lifestyle.

He explains why there are so many fad diets that promise miraculous results but yet we are arguably more unhealthy than we have every been before. These diets are not wrong nor are they bad because they have worked for millions of people, but it just may not be the right one for you given your body type, background, ancestry, etc. There is wisdom in each dietary theory, and so they key is in finding that bit if knowledge and applying it to your life to get the results that you want.

Furthermore, as we know, there are so many different factors that go into your overall health and wellbeing, and Joshua dives into a lot of simply and practical ways to nurture your body and mind in a way that will not leave you feeling overwhelmed with information or actions to take. Though the primary focus is on nutrition, he explores other aspects that contribute to an overall healthy lifestyle (since it is a holistic approach) such as physical activity, social environment, relationships, family, and career satisfactions to name a few.

And I think the key to sustaining this lifestyle is his theory of one small step at a time- there is always a millions and a half things you can do, but what is the one little specific thing thing that you need to do that is right for you? Focus on one small step at a time.

I think one of the best parts of this book is that he give you a quick, simple and easy way to apply each of the diets that he covers so that you can apply them to your life right away. He makes it very easy in clear and simple steps, and does not push you toward a certain diet. He is not here to make us vegans, raw foodists, or Zone Diets, he is here to make us critical independent thinkers because only we inherently know that is best for us.

If you like this book, you will definitely have to check out the school that he started based on the principles and practices of this book- the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.