Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on January 2, 2014
I have read a lot of holistic nutrition books over the past two years and this is hands down one of the best. In fact, I'd say this one and Kris Carr's books are musts for anyone who wants to get healthy. I loved the accessible writing style, clear and well-researched explanations and personal anecdotes that put everything into context. The exercises and discussions of primary food were also highlights for me.
on May 10, 2012
This book is so eye-opening to what is going around us and how corporate influences have controlled the government's "health guidelines" for most of our lives. It is in an easy to understand language, as if the author is actually speaking to you, not as if someone sat there with a thesaurus looking for every possibly way to attempt to sound intelligent. This guy knows what he's talking about. This is NOT a fad diet book. It's actually the opposite. It explains fad diets and that we all as individuals need a personalized approach including exercise and an overall healthy lifestyle (ie; freeing yourself of damaging relationships, or a job you are miserable with). I also like that the author is not preaching and lecturing you to not eat anything. He admits even he makes mistakes and has cravings, but the key is to understand those cravings and figure out what your body actually is asking you for. I sincerely believe this book should be read by the entire population!!! We need a wake up call!!!
on March 19, 2014
Very informative without being dry and statistical. Covers a lot of area without boring you. Encourages an open mind towards all nutrtion and doesn't try to slant or sell the reader on one way of nutrition or another. There are a lot of contributors to the book who tell their story on their health journey so you get more than just the authors perspective. Inspiring. I learned a lot and I learned that I knew a lot.
on November 4, 2007
Joshua Rosenthal's book is a truthful, ground-breaking take on how nutrition directly affects overall health. He does not provide one solution to fix one problem. He illuminates on the fact that quality nutrition positively affects health. The layout, which is not only easy to read and understand, celebrates the simplicity of attaining good health while providing advice that will neither intimidate nor deter those who are not satisfied with just popping a multivitamin and forcing down a tasteless iceberg salad once a week. Use a sturdy bag because this book has weight. Literally.
on February 8, 2015
Useless. Poorly written. Uninformative in that gives some very basic info most folks know, then it goes into fluffy nonsense as It tries to promote the author's "school" which, in my opinion and based on my research, is one of these for-profit,
non-accredited, full-of-fluff, very expensive, seemingly rip-off programs . It seems to be a pyramid scheme.... read the info below to understand what I am trying to say -- to save you your hard-earned $$$$ -- I wasted mine.

The author, in my opinion based on my online research, has no credibility, and reading the book showed me that my hunch is correct. You can check it out yourself:

check this:

and this:

or Google search this:
"Institute for Integrative Nutrition" complaints"
If you still want to buy the book...... go ahead!
on May 24, 2012
I loved this book, very well written and speaks my language -- clean eating. I don't believe in dieting to lose weight, I do believe in exercise, and clean eating. The author takes it one step further, he discusses the pairing of foods and how it enhances their nutritional value. This is not a diet book, this is a book about making a lifestyle change.
on April 28, 2008
This book has great information, I do know a bit mjore than the average person about nutrition, and have been eating organic, non dairy, homepathics, more natural lifestyle since the 1980's but this book is a great help loaded with information I did not know. This is a great read for everyone. Once you pick it up you dont want to put it down.
on February 21, 2011
this is great on its own or as a textbook for integrative nutrition. it is filled with quality information on health & nutrition, as well as info on things like lifestyle & overall wellness. the recipe section is excellent, as are the various exercises. i highly recommend this to anyone, and i frequently give this away to clients in my practice (it gets rave reviews from them, too).
on August 17, 2013
This goes through the situation we are in regarding the US and weight problems.. the problems with dieting and how to break down your cravings. I appreciate this perspective so much that I became a health coach myself.

This book also presents ideas that you can try for yourself to bring more awareness with food and your lifestyle.

Great recipes in the back too...
on February 18, 2015
Well, as a student of IIN, with how little interaction we get from staff and the regurgitated old videos we watch, I can't give this yahoo more than 1 star.