Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on February 13, 2006
This book is a reflection of an amazing shift that is happening in health and wellbeing. No longer do you have to follow a regimen that is based on one theory alone. No longer do you have to read and buy all the fad books on Nutrition!

I am a holistic health practitioner and I give a copy to all of my clients. It supports them on their journey to wellness and gives them a fresh and simple point of view. It is truly the Future of Nutrition...But it is practical..right now!

With love and good health,

Vanessa Tricoche, CHHC, AADP

[...]
on February 9, 2006
This book was really different from other "diet books" I've read. Instead of explaining some new fad diet, the author explains all the different diets I've been reading about for years and shows the upside and downside of each and explains why it's not possible for one diet to work for everybody. Because everybody is different! I loved that! It was great to read a book about food and diet and not feel like there was something wrong with me for not being able to stick to a diet. This book is also like a workbook - there are lots of exercises and common sense recommendations for getting healthier. I definitely recommend it for anyone who has been around the dieting block too many times or who wants some clear and simple guidance about how to eat better.
on February 4, 2006
i gave the integrative nutrition book to my father

who is skeptical about anything "holistic"

he loved the book! he started trying new things

to eat for breakfast after reading it.

there's a lot of really valuable info in this book

and is a must for anyone interested in nutrition.
on February 3, 2006
for 15 years i've been reading books about nutrition and i've never read a book that was as practical and inspiring as this was. i'm passing it around to everyone i know!
on March 29, 2006
Brilliant! This is an incredible work book, to help you on you way to health and happiness, simple and to the point. Helps you to get in touch with yourself and learn what your body needs! A must have for anyone that wants to live a healthy life!
on January 11, 2007
This simple and miracle book arrive to my hands last year when I was with 40 pound more that I have now. I follow the simple instructions and practical exercises and got great results. I reduced 40 pounds but that is only the begining. Through his book Joshua change my life, I understand the concept of primary and secondary food. I also learn that only eating brocoli I will not reduce weight ... but facing issues like carrer, spiritual practise, exercise, relationship can help more than only be on diet. THis is not a diet book .. these is a changing life Bible.
on March 9, 2014
An excellent book that is very informative. I was hoping to use the workbook with someone i know who's going through the training, but it's not going to work out. I'm pretty sure I can use this book on my own though without being in the training program.
on April 18, 2011
This book is more than just a diet book- it is a guild to living a truly holistic lifestyle.

He explains why there are so many fad diets that promise miraculous results but yet we are arguably more unhealthy than we have every been before. These diets are not wrong nor are they bad because they have worked for millions of people, but it just may not be the right one for you given your body type, background, ancestry, etc. There is wisdom in each dietary theory, and so they key is in finding that bit if knowledge and applying it to your life to get the results that you want.

Furthermore, as we know, there are so many different factors that go into your overall health and wellbeing, and Joshua dives into a lot of simply and practical ways to nurture your body and mind in a way that will not leave you feeling overwhelmed with information or actions to take. Though the primary focus is on nutrition, he explores other aspects that contribute to an overall healthy lifestyle (since it is a holistic approach) such as physical activity, social environment, relationships, family, and career satisfactions to name a few.

And I think the key to sustaining this lifestyle is his theory of one small step at a time- there is always a millions and a half things you can do, but what is the one little specific thing thing that you need to do that is right for you? Focus on one small step at a time.

I think one of the best parts of this book is that he give you a quick, simple and easy way to apply each of the diets that he covers so that you can apply them to your life right away. He makes it very easy in clear and simple steps, and does not push you toward a certain diet. He is not here to make us vegans, raw foodists, or Zone Diets, he is here to make us critical independent thinkers because only we inherently know that is best for us.

If you like this book, you will definitely have to check out the school that he started based on the principles and practices of this book- the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. If you would like I would be more than happy to tell you more!
on April 25, 2016
like this writer and recommend it.
on November 27, 2012
I loved the mind body connection that is focused on in this book. Weight is not only about what we put in our mouths, but also what is going on in our minds.