5.0 out of 5 stars Intel boards are always great
I flashed the newest bios before doing anything (its system building 101 that you ALWAYS do this first, it is full up retarded not to) then loaded win7 without difficulty.

Also, obviously the Installation disk can be old, so you always go to the website to download the newest drivers.

Pretty much all these ivy bridge / sandy bridge motherboards are...
Published 22 months ago by primeguy

Published 20 months ago by Mike

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Intel boards are always great, June 24, 2012
This review is from: Intel Desktop Motherboard LGA1155 DDR3 1600 ATX - BOXDZ77GA-70K (Personal Computers)

Pretty much all these ivy bridge / sandy bridge motherboards are the same. Asus and EVGA might add a few more features, but I always buy from Intel for one reason:

BIOS support.

Intel makes the motherboards, reference designs, chips and CPUs that everyone else uses. Accordingly they write all the BIOS fixes as they come along.... then Asus etc. validate and release those (if they want and have the money available, think about that for a second). If you are on an Intel branded board, you always get every BIOS fix, everytime, as soon as it comes out.

Asus and other brands have outright refused to fix stuff that was fixed on Intel boards many times.... These fixes are there, just Asus hasn't had a big enough customer demand it. Intel's customers are Dell and HP so they MUST fix ALL problems.

Intel boards come out a little earlier, so sometimes you may get a bleeding edge problem if you choose to buy a brand new board.... but the difference with Intel is: you KNOW they will fix it.

Since I started buying Intel.... I've seen many noobs complain of no boot on a product that's been out 1 week and they haven't flashed the BIOS or make a pilot error about how to do it (there are 5 ways you can try with this board)... but I've NEVER had an Intel board with a problem that didn't get fixed.... which has happened with Taiwan brands many times over the years, and I've been doing this for 20 years.

This board is a top of the line choice with 2nd and 3rd gen Core Intel CPUs, its got
- a great UEFI BIOS with mouse support and automated overclocking,
- onboard hybrid hardware / software RAID,
- actual high quality Intel (not cheapo) Gigabit Ethernet,
- comes with integrated Motorola Bluetooth and a VERY good RAlink Wifi N adapter, (these come on a USB adapter pod / antenna you attach to the inside of the case, very smart design and very good performance)
- dual USB 3.0, black 3.5 inch external bay adapter with 20 pin motherboard cable
- and Dolby surround with every connection you can think of

don't listen to fanboys trying to imitate experts and whining about Intel boards because they didn't know what they were doing, Intel doesn't deserve that.... this is a good product. enjoy

NOTE:
I've loaded UEFI on windows 7 on these boards without a problem many times, but you will need to modify the DVD or USB image you are installing it from as MS did not enable UEFI install by default

the easiest way is to use the MS usb install tool with a 4gb or greater USB and make an install USB

in the \efi\microsoft\boot directory. Copy this directory one level up so the files also reside under \efi\boot.

Copy the bootmgfw.efi file to \efi\boot, and rename it to bootx64.efi.

boot the USB and it will install on UEFI fine... of course make sure you have flashed the newest BIOS first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof is Performance, July 4, 2012
K. Ryan (Madison, MS USA) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased and assembled the Intel DZ77GA-70K motherboard with the Intel i7-3770K processor combined with 8 GB of mediocre Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 memory. I am using the motherboard's HDMI output and running 1680 X 1050 without any video card. I use the on-board sound system with amplified speakers.
My Windows 7 64-bit Experience Index is:
Processor 7.7
Memory 7.7
Graphics 6.5
Gaming Graphics 6.5
Primary hard disk 7.6
My primary hard disk is the Intel 320 Series 120 GB SSD connected to one of the motherboard 3.0 Gb/s ports. The Intel Desktop Utilities report a 42 degree C processor in a 73 degree room using the stock Intel fan plus three case fans. The highest I have seen is 64 degrees C under some extreme multitasking. Fan speeds remain less than 1,000 RPM at all times, so fan noise is minimal.
I continually update my motherboard using all of the most recent Intel drivers and BIOS. (BIOS is currently 0045).
I am not a gamer, but I do multitask such as play iTunes while watching a web video and occassionally burning a DVD all at the same time. I can honestly report I have yet to experience any slowness or hesitation while doing all of those tasks at once. My previous Core 2 Quad Q6700 would have hesitated numerous times while running these exact same tasks.
Bottom line, you do not realize how slow a Core 2 Quad really is until you step up to a simple system like this. If I were a gamer I would invest in a decent video card but currently the overall performance is very acceptable and was well worth the effort and expense.

UPDATE 7-11-2012 Really enjoying this motherboard. Something useful to note, if you activate the "Fast Boot" feature on this motherboard it will delay the USB keyboard and USB mouse from working until the operating system arrives at the login screen. This delay prevents the "F2" key from accessing the BIOS setup.

If this happened to you, grab your old PS/2 keyboard and use it to enter the BIOS setup, then go to the "Fast Boot" feature and "Disable" the USB Fast Boot feature. Disabling will allow the USB devices to load immediately at boot and this will restore the F2 key function so you can access the BIOS using F2 on your USB keyboard. Note: Allowing USB devices to load at boot did not noticeably increase the boot time, this motherboard still boots quickly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing motherboard!!, July 7, 2012
This is truly an amazing motherboard. For it's price you get so much. It comes with a wifi access point so you just plug it into an available USB slot and you're done. It comes with usb 3.0, usb 2.0 and high current usb as well. It has a built in speaker so you can hear the beep to tell you it POST's properly. The BIOS is amazing. It's a visual bios, and you can scroll around with the mouth as well as easily overclock your CPU, Graphics card, or RAM. It comes with 4 6 Gb/s sata ports and 4 3 Gb/s. It comes with an extra 2 USB 3.0's and the motherboard itself has 2 slots for USB 3.0 sockets.

You name it, this board probably has it. The mother board comes with all necessary cables to do what you want to do, SLI graphics cards, etc. And the manuals and diagrams couldn't be easier.

Buy this motherboard. It's superb.

3.0 out of 5 stars MB looks impressive, but problems with CMOS rendered board useless, August 10, 2012
Love the features that come with the board with first impression. THough, after making a change to the Visual Bios on the boot and rebooted. Came back and system kept cycling on/off. Called Intel and not much help there unless I wanted to take out the board to verify nothing was shorting the board. Tried loading their BIO file (which is suppose to automatically restore on its own, it didnt) on a USB bootable drive with no luck after I tried to call Intel (whom only have Mon thru Fri support).

So, It's Sunday evening and I decide to give Amazon call to see if they'll stand behind thier product like most brick and mortars. Call Amazon and waited like 3 minutes, then got a very caring csr that ask a few questions and then asked if I wanted a refund or exchange. I told her I needed an exchange (at this point I am thinking I will have to pay for an Advanced RMA +shipping or setup refund and send board back). Well she said they will overnight me a board overnight and I was amazed. Board arrived on Tuesday and I install board and system back up and running. Sent old MB back with pre-paid label to amazon. I havent had customer service like this in a long time. Not to mention quick service and a company standing behind thier products they sell. Note: I purchased directly from Amazon and not a storefront. THe cost is a little more, but free day 2 shipping or $4 overnight cant be beat.

I just started purchasing more frequently this year on Amazon and they have improved thier customer service tremendously. They are't perfect and I've had my issues mostly with express shipping, but they refund my shipping or game me store credit. They're cheaper than newegg and faster too. I am a newegg fan, but Amazon will get the next electronics purchase just because of the quick service and resolution.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fail, May 24, 2013
This board is riddled with problems. Worked fine for about a month then started getting bios errors, random power cycles, making ir very problematic for the computer. Stay away from this board. Read the reviews on this board. You will see a lot of people have very similar problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap but powerful, November 5, 2012
Intel arguably makes the best processors on the planet. Now, they have started putting out a line of extreme Motherboards that have the power and the bells and whistles to do a terrific job. I highly recommend this line of motherboards for the home builder.

3.0 out of 5 stars Intel quality suffered on this motherboard model, April 16, 2014
I've built 5 Intel systems and this is the first one that has let me down.
Setup went well til I discovered a memory slot was bad, so Intel sent me another motherboard after significant troubleshooting on my end.

Then, I get the 2nd motherboard and I get a bios error 12 on startup. I googled that error and it seems that it is a common issue, with this motherboard. Not only was I getting the error but the fan pins in a couple locations were bent and I'm sure that didn't happen in shipping.

On the 3rd try, I get another motherboard from Intel and it works, but my motherboard was brand new and I received a refurbished one, which was disappointing. Also on one end, the back panel connectors don't align with the I/O shield, and that occurred with the both of the motherboards that Intel sent me. They sit too high even though the other side of the connectors fits perfectly with the I/O shield. And, when I disconnected the front USB cable part of the connector came out too.

I have a working motherboard at the moment, hopefully nothing else will go wrong.

UPDATE: Well it did, I got a BIOS error that was not fixable so it had to be returned as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best you can buy, December 21, 2013
the best you can buy, which is what is needed today to play and keep the pc a day ...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Motherboard, December 4, 2013
The motherboard has been great, there have been some issues with the onboard NIC's that are probably mainly my fault, but other than that, I've never had it fail to boot up to Bios to at least allow me to recover my operating system. Easy, Graphical Bios setup with many, many options. Couple it with the proper processor, and you'll have a great time. Setup is easy, make sure and get some tie wraps or cable ties as there are plenty of options on this board to add devices and you'll find you have cables everywhere!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of USB ports., November 3, 2013
It works. It would be nice if the onchip graphics had a DVI header along with the HDMI. I would have preferred fewer SATAII and more SATAIII.

Almost too many USB ports to connect. One of these days someone is going to have to come out with a 12 port USB front panel for all the internal headers. But why, since USB 3.0 is backwards compatible, are there *any* USB 2.0 ports?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›