5.0 out of 5 stars great board for home PC or HTPC
Published on May 17, 2011 by Carl

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine but potential NIC driver issue for some OSs
Just got this board up & running for a new Linux server machine with 2500K processor. No problems and seems great for my needs. Only one PCI slot but that's all I needed for an extra Ethernet port.

Flashing the BIOS with the "F7" utility worked fine & I didn't even need any bootable media, just a USB flash drive.

Low power consumption & no need for a...
Published on May 12, 2011 by Lantana Al

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great board for home PC or HTPC, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Intel Desktop Board Media Series LGA 1155 DDR 1333 Micro-ATX Form Factor - BOXDH67BLB3 (Personal Computers)
I bought this motherboard and a Sandybridge CPU for a new home PC, running Win 7. The great thing about it is that you don't need a separate video card, it's built into the MB (with the GFX processing built into the SNB cpu). Note, there is no VGA out on it, just DVI and HDMI. I have used both video outs successfully, although the DVI output is crisper than the HDMI (this could be a function of my monitor...)

It has lots of USB ports, including two USB 3.0. (No legacy PS/2 ports for mouse and keyboard, tho.) Also, no firewire (but like I said, two USB 3.0's).

I loaded the four DIMM slots with 16GB of RAM, and am using the single parallel PCI slot for a parallel interface card, for my legacy printer. The board has an additional two PCI express slots, which I am not using.

Had no trouble installing the MB into an Antec mid tower case. The CPU fan snaps in easily.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine but potential NIC driver issue for some OSs, May 12, 2011

Low power consumption & no need for a discrete graphics card - especially for a server. At idle, the system only uses 46-47 watts with an Intel SSD, 500GB WD Black 7200 RPM HD, 5 fans (3 case, 1 CPU cooler, 1 power supply), and one extra Ethernet card.

2x SATA 3 (6 Gbit/s) ports & 2x USB 3.0 ports... though I had an issue using the SATA 3 ports with Linux (I think it was a Linux issue) so I just moved the connections to the SATA 2 ports.

Intel reliability - THREE year warranty.

UPDATE 2011-06-16: I bought another one of these for a Windows Home Server upgrade. There are no network drivers for Windows Home Server, Server 2003, and I think Server 2008 R2 as well (because Intel claims this is a "desktop" not "server" board so I guess they feel there is no need)... so beware. I ended up having to use a separate network card instead of using the built-in NIC.

UPDATE 2014-02-10: Knocking this down to 2 stars because it died due to a BIOS update. It said the updated completely successfully, then it powered down and would not come back up. All attempts to use the BIOS recovery feature failed. I had to go out and buy a new MB (non-Intel this time). At least it lasted a bit more than 2 years but what a pain to have a needed machine go down from a BIOS update. I've never had this happen before and I've updated the BIOS on a lot of machines.

UPDATE 2014-03-01: I'm raising this to 3 stars because Intel replaced the motherboard under warranty at no cost to me (except for my time). A+ for Intel service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Budget MotherBoard, December 2, 2011
I have been using this motherboard for a couple of months now.

Salient Features:

* On-board display adapter - if you do not plan to buy a dedicated graphics card.
* USB 3.0 slots
* Support II Gen i3, i5, i7 processors.
* Support for upto 32GB of RAM.
* H67 - no crossfire support for dual graphics cards.
* SATA6 interfaces.

Assembly:

Assembling on this motherboard was a breeze. I completed the whole assembly in about an hour and I had never assembled a PC before that. The Motherboard comes with an excellent and easy to follow installation instructions leaflet.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Budget H67 Motherboard., March 26, 2011
This Intel motherboard (BOXDH67BLB3) is a great little H67 motherboard for a basic to moderate PC build requiring the use of the on-CPU graphic capabilities of the Intel CPU's. Nothing too fancy going on here, but it gets the job done, just as it is supposed to. It gets five stars from me as it meets/exceeds all of my expectations.

Some things to note about this motherboard:

- This was a replacement for a pre-B3 stepping board, so I just swapped all of the new accessories from the new box to the old one and shipped the old one back (with the new accessories) before installing the replacement... That was a silly thing to do as the I/O shield is slightly different. So, an FYI for anybody else intelligent enough to do what I did. ;)

- The new B3 stepping board has a Foxconn socket. My old B2 stepping board had a LOTES socket. Since this board is actually manufactured by Foxconn for Intel, it makes since, but just a head's up for people looking at images on the web from the original board showing the LOTES socket.

- My board shipped with a pre-realease BIOS from 11/15/2010 which caused my CPU PWM fan to max out before I updated the BIOS... So, keep in mind that a BIOS update may be required. (checking for the latest BIOS is always a good idea when getting a new motherboard.)

All in all, this board will serve as a great, inexpensive backbone to my moderate level PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 3, 2011
Works very well with the 2600k processor. Easy to install. FYI. If you want to put in a Corsair A70 cpu cooler. Make sure your DDR3 aren't as tall as the Corsair Vengeance series. Otherwise I would just remove the DDR3 sidings and the cooler will fit over the closest two slot to the cpu. The DDR3 will works just fine.

WARNING! This motherboard like the previous reviewer said has no legacy ports for your mouse and keyboard. You must have a USB adapter for each for both to work. Amazon has several adapters. I bought the 'USB to PS/2 Adapter' by GWC Technology Inc. It can connects both mouse and keyboard to just one USB port.

Good luck!

P.S. You cannot install a single 8gb module in any one of the slot. Your module would need to be a double-sided memory module to work as 8GB. Otherwise it is impossible to add all 4 of the 4 GB modules to equal 32gb.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems setting up with Linux, May 9, 2012
Intel seems to have a reputation for unexciting but reliable boards and I was prioritizing the latter, especially after hearing stories of new 3rd-party boards with buggy EFI implementations having trouble booting Linux. I've set this one up with Ubuntu 12.04 and so far it's running with no problems, including the integrated video, sound, network, USB & SATA.

For the past 5-10 years I've been exclusively buying hardware based on Intel chips (having started with AMD) because of their great support for Linux drivers (graphics, wireless etc.), so I was really quite disappointed that they no longer list any of their desktop boards as being Linux compatible (though neither do other brands). However, a bit of research confirmed that this one should work well in practice and in fact that seems to be the case (perhaps one of the more obscure features like the infrared transmitter/receiver isn't supported; I haven't tried that as my case came with its own USB remote).

This board seems good value for money. It came with a couple of SATA cables. It doesn't have the old-style PS/2 and VGA connectors but I'm using a couple of adaptors (Starlink DVI-VGA adaptor and TrendNet USB-PS/2 convertor, also from Amazon) to connect my old screen, keyboard & mouse without problems. If you need Firewire then you want the DH67GD version instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for HTPC., December 27, 2011
Purchased this as a Home Theater PC (HTPC) build - flawlessly streams 1080p MKV (with DolbyHD & DTS Master audio) from my home server to my Home Theater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install motherboard, June 29, 2011
C.R.S. (Central PA) - See all my reviews
Product came in perfect condition with clear, easy to follow instructions. Used to build system from scratch, my first ever attempt, had no problems with this board.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best board for your money, hands down., July 26, 2012
I've been building computers for the better part of 10 years, and the biggest concern is always the reliability of a product, especially when you're not use to that said product. Well this is the first Intel board I have ever purchased and let me start by saying...it's simply amazing. Intel packed so many features and so much rock solid reliability into this board that it makes me question why I spent so many years with ASUS. This board actually replaced an ASUS board that was a year old and had already been RMA'd once and was going bad. For what you get this board is an amazing value. This board stays super cool and I've received noticeably faster boot times with this board over my old ASUS board. I recommended the BOXDH67BLB3 to my dad and my best friend and both have commented on the ease of installation and overall 'feel' of reliability. I think it's safe to say my next board will be an Intel board. Happy building.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive motherboard, July 5, 2012
I have never bought an Intel motherboard before but I have to say this one was the best buy I could find. Had many newer features Sata 6 GB/s, USB 3.0, HDMI, Optical Audio, Gigabit Lan. Perfect for the HTPC that I built with it. I bought this along with a 3.3 GHz i3 and it works flawlessly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›