Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on December 11, 2010
Alright so this is a great processor! Installed easy and the heat sink comes with thermal paste applied for convenience. Easy to install and instructions are simple. This also overclocks well. I got it up to 3.8GHz with the stock cooler never reaching about 75C. I am sure you can push this much further with no problem but I did not want to push my luck. Overall I think this is an excellent choice for people that use a computer for light to moderate gaming or multitasking.

-----Pros-----
Easy to install
Easy to understand instructions
Can overclock to 3.8GHz with stock cooler
Never goes above 75C even with overclock.
Fast
Duel threads per core
Integrated video controller

-----Cons-----
Not the fastest for video editing or other programs that support many cores well

Not much to complain about works like it should.
on November 23, 2010
I purchased this CPU with a Gigabyte motherboard at a local retail store to replace a 4-year old 3.0GHz Pentium-4HT home server running Linux. No computation-heavy tasks have run so far.

Very good news is the power consumption has reduced dramatically. The old server often reported automatic reduction of CPU clock due to excess CPU temperatures in summer. The system power consumption is now only 70W down from 120W including motherboard and a 4-disk RAID5 array on both systems.
on December 15, 2011
Sure this is slightly slower than the i3-550 and i3-560, and slower than the i5 and i7, but that doesn't matter. And at a 3rd of the price of the i7, you can use this just fine until you save up for the i7. It's good enough to run modern games (I can play Skyrim and many other games), videos, photoshop, etc. etc. with no problems. The Intel Integrated Graphics crashed constantly on Windows 7 64 bit no matter what driver I used, but once I threw in a graphics card, this processor was wonderful. I highly recommend this for pc builders - even gamers - that are on a budget.
on December 26, 2010
Built a computer on Christmas day for my sixteen year old son. He plays Warcraft. This was my first build. Put it on an ASUS H55 motherbaord. Everyone is happy.
on September 22, 2013
I've had this cpu for 3 years now, and I don't regret it. I bought it because it was (at the time) cheapest cpu that had built in video. The built in works great for everything except games. I use an old 8800gtx for light gaming.

I typically leave web browser tabs open (almost 20) at a time because i'm always doing research and don't like to close them. Actual browsing is great, and the system as a whole felt as fast as my i7 machine with a clean install of windows on it. I don't know why some reviewers are talking about a loud fan... I never hear mine, and the cpu gets worked a lot. The slowest part of my whole system has got to be the hard drive. An SSD will fixt that.
on May 21, 2015
Also arrived a week and a half early! was ordered with a separate OEM heatsink. plugged it in and it ran beautifully, It Actually reads as 3.07 GHz :-). it can handle Skyrim almost maxed out and call of duty modern warfare on low settings. Once again Great job on the speed of Shipping!
on August 29, 2012
ESTA ES UN PRODUCTO QUE QUERIA COMPRAR DESDE HACE MUCHO TIEMPO PARA UNA EVGA QUE TENGO . ESTA TARJETA TRABAJA MUY BIEN. ESTOY MUY CONTENTO CON LA RAPIDES Y LA EXACTITUD CON QUE EJECUTA LOS PROGRAMAS. SALUDOS
on May 21, 2013
perfect match for my motherboard........although, I really hate the fans that they include! Junk........from now on I will purchase a different fan!
on March 29, 2013
it's just what i need v e r y n i c e p r o d u c t
on May 1, 2015