5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for sever (ab)use., April 29, 2014
This review is from: Intel 320 Series 300 GB SATA 2.5-Inch Solid-State Drive Brown Box (Personal Computers)
I've seen hundreds of these drives used in data center environments, entirely in servers. I've never seen one fail in use, and I've never seen one fail from too many writes. I've seen many other manufacturers' SSDs fail due to many random reasons (firmware, hardware, controller, flash, etc). The Intel 320 Series is not the fastest, it's not the cheapest, but time and time again it gets chosen to replace other brands of SSDs after they fail. This SSD will not let you down!

5.0 out of 5 stars not the fastest but gets the job done, May 20, 2012
Joe "JJ" (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this to replace an older Intel ssd that was running out of space. I tried a newer sata 3 drive but unfortunately ran into a number of computability issues so I thought I would give this a try. Not the fastest ssd you can buy but works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speeds up everything, especially booting, January 29, 2012
I was frustrated by how long it took my laptop to boot up. So I tried an SSD. It was breathtaking how quickly it booted up. That it made loading other applications faster was a bonus, but not as important. This drive at 300 GB was a replacement for the original 160 GB drive (same manufacturer). That I bought a second one speaks for itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smokin, June 27, 2011
My Lenovo W500 was terminally slow, with 4GB ram and a Core Duo 2.8Ghz processor, a 32 bit Vista operating system and a 500GB Hitachi 7500rpm hard drive. I typically operate with multiple open windows as my job requires me to do many things in a day and I'm sloppy about closing out unneeded windows. I'd estimate that I'd spend over an hour a day, every day waiting on my computer. Startup 10 min's, shut down 7-10, loading a program 3 mins, doing everyday operations...unpredictable.

I recently installed 8GB ram, a 64bit Win7 operating system and the Intel 320 GB SSD. This computer is a new being. It smokes. The CPU, previously operated perpetually north of the 75% range. It now is typically under 50%. The RAM was previously pegged north of 90% at startup. It is now, with many windows open, less than 35%. The change is a combination of things, but the SSD makes a huge difference. Highly reccomend.

Rate and Discover Movies