Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

on August 9, 2013
I am so glad that I learned about this scanner. For the first time I know exactly what books I have in my classroom library and will be able to track student check-outs. The scanner worked perfectly the first time I used it and continues to do so. The only problems that I have are not the fault of the scanner: #1 Many of my books are older and seem to have the exact same ISBN number or at least they scan the same and #2 I have many books (mostly Scholastic) that have no barcode at all. Because of these two problems, I had to buy more of the barcodes and they are expensive ($24 for 100; $48 for 250). I have spent almost as much on barcodes as on the scanner itself. Of course, if I had realized that so many of my books would NEED new barcodes, I could have just bought a larger pack to begin with and saved some money. So, that being said, teachers, this is a must have for the classroom but buy no less than the pack of 250 barcode labels.
on July 26, 2013
I was not sure if the scanner and it's software would meet all the needs I had for my book collection but it has exceeded my expectations. It is easy to use and I am able to add a few more categories that I wanted to know about each book. I have not used any other of the media types but the book but I might soon since it was easy. The only negative I can find is that I can't get the database to print in any sort of order.
on July 14, 2013
Since I received this unit (less than 24 hr ago) I've scanned nearly 100 DVDs, as well as numerous audio CDs and books. Except for a few DVDs whose numbers could not be identified (even after I manually entered them), everything worked great. Most scans were nearly instantaneous and I was able to accumulate a list of numbers very quickly. Then, when directed, the software goes online to search out various databases to generate the report. The database search can take several minutes, so be patient.

Your data can be sorted alphabetically by clicking the headings within the software associated with the scanner and I had no problem exporting the information to Excel. There is very little supporting documentation, but it really is not needed. I had the system up and scanning in 5-10 minutes, after watching a brief online video on the company's website. I purchased the classic scanner (with cord) but can see the advantages of the mini, cordless version, since you don't have to be tethered to a computer.

Bottom line: it works fine and i'm happy with it.
on November 11, 2012
The bar code scanner it self is a great device. It works as advertised. The software needs to be tweaked a bit. Although I am unhappy about the report writing portion of the software needs tweaked. But other than that, I an generally pleased with the scanner. One good thing about the software is that you can scan multiple items and once you are done scanning your library, you can have the software go out to the net and get all the data on your movies, books, or music.

If there is a weakness with the software is that some of the fields don't export cleanly to excel. The report writer software has six fields that can be included in the report, but the field that describes the movie or book doesn't seem to be part of the report. I am still messing with it. I will either stumble on a fix for the report or find other software that works with the scanner.

Bill Carty
on November 6, 2015
This product is great at listing all of your books and dvds. If there is ever a loss due to fire, I now have an entire list of all of my books. The application and equipment can be used in multiple locations, so I have used at home, at the office and at the church.
on June 29, 2014
I am a school teacher and needed something to inventory my classroom library. I have over 500 books in my room and finding a book when you need it was very hard before I bought the Intelliscanner classic. Now, I just go to my list created by the intelliscanner software and I can find a book by title, author, location, or several other criteria that one can set. This tool is so easy to use. I have a mac so it was just plug into a USB port and go. For most of my books, most of the info was provided (title, author, date, art work). I had to type in the basket they were located in for my books are all leveled. I would highly recommend this product. Well worth the price paid for it.
on March 16, 2016
This scanner has saved my life as a teacher! I have so many books that I have personally purchased for my students and without this scanner I would have no idea what was in my library or which students had which book! It keeps a catalog of absolutely everything and gives due dates, too! I am so impressed with the quality and how user-friendly it is. I even have trained my students so my students are able to use the scanner and I have an assigned 'librarian' to help me run the library. The kids absolutely love it and so do I! Thank you IntelliScanner :)
on July 4, 2015
Great product. Easy to set up and use. I have finally successfully inventoried and organized my 600+ DVD collection.
on July 14, 2013
I have had a of problems with the program freezing up while looking for the upc numbers. I find its easiest if you don't put more than 5 numbers at a time. Takes longer, but you do what's necessary to make it work properly if your on a tight budget and don't want to spend 3 times the price.
on March 1, 2013
A friend of mine has one of these scanners and told me what a time saver it is. So, I had to have one for myself. It's great!