Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 questions
votes
Get the revised edition with Jason Zweig's footnotes and additional commentary. He helps bring Graham's book into the 21st century
Feb 16, 2009 by MonyJ
votes
Hello Thank you for the interest in our business. We're sorry but we do not have a copy of this book in hardback. Thank you Tracy
Sep 3, 2013 by Michelle Davids
votes
The Intelligent Investor is definitely a worthwhile read. While I prefer the Random Walk approach to investing, Graham's book is unmistakably the best literature ever written on security analysis. Check out my blog for my other favorite reads! http://straightforwardfinance.blogspot.com/
Sep 19, 2011 by PH
votes
I'm not sure , but i think it's business earnings (profit) divided by the value of the tangible assets of the business (book value). He appears to state that earnings were usually around 10% of the book value of the business. it gets a bit confusing when he starts talking about the difference between book and market values however i think the numbers work like this. With 10% profit (relative to book value) assuming an average dividend of 3.5% (relative to market value, * 1.6 to get book value rate of 5.4% for dividends paid out) leaving the remaining profit to be reinvested by the business a total increase in the book value of around 4%. Let me know what you think as i'm not sure myself.
Feb 16, 2011 by P. FORDE
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers