Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on July 10, 2012
I was leery about this deal, but it works fine on my Sony HDR-PJ580V. The camcorder treats it as if it were a Sony battery, with no errors and over 6 hours of record time according to its calculations. Branded as Vivitar, though it didn't say that in the listing.
on October 1, 2012
Don't be thrown off by the price. Sony is just out for your money at $200 retail for this battery. Sure theirs claims 7 hours opposed to the 6 offered here, but you are paying a fraction of the cost. To get a FV100 and charger from sony would run you close to $250 with tax retail. Buy these third party ones, typically branded as Vivitar. Do NOT buy cheap 'SONY' branded batteries, as there is no such thing. What I mean is if someone is selling a 'sony' battery for less then $100 then look elsewhere as it's going to be a fake. These batteries are NOT Sony, but they work.... Plain and simple.
on November 27, 2012
This is just what it states, 6hrs.
Perfect for my camcorder when I need more than just 2Hrs.
I can record in HD, 3 church services or 3 concerts & still
have time left... also charges quickly. Why spend almost triple
the price using the sony name, when this one holds charge & looses no memory.
I highly recommend this batt.
on November 12, 2012
ordered to use with my Sony HDRPJ260V camcorder. Battery fits perfectly and works great. I used it to film back to back peewee football games and it had plenty of power left after 2 hours of use. The battery is BIG though. It nearly doubles the weight of the camera and makes it much longer than with the original battery. If you are looking for a longer life battery to take along with you, this one may be too large, but it has the power needed for longer events.
on January 1, 2013
This was recognized by my Sony projector camcorder! I was afraid I would be on my own trying to figure out if there was enough charge in the battery to continue taking video, but my Sony recognizes this battery as self, so it's not an issue. The battery holds a charge that will allow hours and hours of taking or watching video. On a 6 1/2 week trip to the Canadian Rockies and Alaska, I think I only recharged this battery one time (and I almost filled two 64gb SD cards with video and stills). I couldn't be more pleased for the Sony HDR CX and HDR PJ series camcorders!
on March 3, 2014
As stated it can be used to replace a Sony NP- FV100 and is the same size but only has 2/3 the capacity of the Genuine Sony NP- FV100 ....The specs as listed are accurate but misleading, high capacity compared to what? 6 hours in what camera? I actually own a genuine Sony NP-FV100 (as well as NP-FV70). I suspect by the the other reviews that most consumers purchasing this battery and other Sony clones are upgrading to a higher capacity battery than what they already have. So if you have a standard 30/40/50 series battery it is a capacity upgrade at a reasonable price. But if you are like me and want a Battery equivalent to the NP- FV100 this isn't it... ... . I returned mine and I was pleased with the ease of the return process.
on May 20, 2013
There is nothing worse than filming something, only to run out of battery before what you're filming is over, especially if its a once in a lifetime event. Fully charged, this battery has almost seven hours charge in my Sony camera, which is perfect for my purposes as a film maker. The battery is 3 or 4 times the size of the battery that came with the camera, which adds length and weight, but only a nominal amount. The camera itself is just a bit longer than the width of my hand, and weighs as much as a kitten even with this high capacity battery. I can't imagine the weight difference would matter to anyone, but the added charge time does. For the money, I find it well worth the additional time I have available now to film. That is one less thing I have to worry about when it comes time to film, especially on complicated scenes with lots of down time.
on June 25, 2013
I purchased this to use with my Sony HDRPJ260V High Definition Handycam (8.9 MP Camcorder with 30x Optical Zoom, 16 GB Embedded Memory and Built-in Projector 2012 Model) last year and have been using it quite often. The battery lasts and actually keeps its charge better than the battery that actually came with the camera in my opinion. Since it works so well it's basically all I use. For the amazing low price it is definitely worth it.
on December 28, 2012
Like the difference between a dead car battery that barely gets you started and one that snaps your car on. It is a great value and it is how the camera should opperate. I have a camera with a lot of features and now they are more accessible. Especially since I exclussively use the HD setting. The manufacturer is underselling the product with the standard battery it comes with.
on October 9, 2013
I bought this battery through an ad from Amazon and was amazed at the power it packed. I didn't have time to charge it fully, yet it still survived three hours of video recording at a 65th birthday bash , tributes and all. It is an inexpensive ,adequate replacement or addition to the original expensive Sony. I strongly endorse and recommend this product. I have not had any bad experiences with it so far.