Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Intentional Dissonance
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 8, 2012
This book is absolutely phenomenal. I finished it and just had to sit there for a while waiting for it to sink in. Its the sort of story that builds an incredibly personal response in you, which shouldn't have surprised me nearly as much considering that same quality appears in Iain's blog posts. Buy this book and read it. He really is a master of writing white noise, "that way, anyone could find what they were looking for in it."
on January 30, 2013
I did not expect much going into this book, just wanted a quick good read, but it definitely left me breathless. This is the kind of book that after you read it, you just kind of lay there and think about it. It was a tad confusing at times, but was a very interesting take on the overdone 'post apocalyptic' idea. Some very good quotes and ideas that just leave you with great and intriguing thoughts.
on April 11, 2014
I nearly loved this book if it wasn't for the many typos within the Kindle version that I read, but other than the mistakes it didn't go wrong. It's a short, quick read because it flows so brilliantly and leaves the reader in constant suspense.

The main character, Jon, narrates the complex story in third person. He is a likeable character who responds to the complicated and risky obstacles he encounters in an understandable way. The reader can't help but empathize with Jon's unfortunate circumstance, and have their mind-boggling at the conclusion of his story. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to read something that will have them wondering about the plot for days.
on May 8, 2016
Whoa this book was so deep on so many levels I feel like my brain is going to explode. It was a bit slow in the beginning but picked up speed soon after. I'm so happy I read this book. Wow... honestly I'm speechless. Read this book you won't regret it
on December 19, 2012
Iain Thomas paints an incredibly vivid picture of a world that looks so alien at first glance but becomes hauntingly more familiar as the links to reality start sinking in. His reflection on the trends in society are sometimes subtle and sometimes more direct but always poignant and insightful. Reminiscent of a lot of the Murakami novels, Iain creates his very own surreal atmosphere that stays with you long after you put this book down. After the initial surprises of the world that he has created, you starting feeling at home there and it's hard to put the book down. His imagery is really quite impressive.

A couple of issues though:
Some typos and missing words I thought. Really bothers me because it makes it seem like this book was rushed and unpolished.
All the characters kind of sound the same or use the same language which make them implausible. I found One Eye particularly implausible (especially his wood carving monologue). Unless there's a good reason they all sounds the same...
on July 12, 2015
Where to begin with this book?? It may be the most captivating thing I have read in so long. I couldn't put it down until I had read through the entire thing. Beautifully written and hits you with a message that all you can do is sit and absorb once you finish. It truly pushes your inner boundaries. This is one I will be reading more than once to see how the story evolves the more I can pay attention to the nuances I may have missed from the first time.
on August 19, 2013
I found this to be a very enjoyable read, similar in feelings to that of "I Wrote This For You" but as a novel, it has a story line of interesting context. I find it had to describe, but in short a bleak future filled with grim details reminiscent of the world we live in now and I suppose, it's a story of what could be. Just give it a read, it's worth it.
on July 31, 2014
I randomly came across this book, and upon saw some of the other reviews I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed.

The writing style is what really pulled me in. The author did a wonderful job in creating not only an interesting book, but a beautiful book as well. There were points where I would just stop and read something again because of how impressive and beautiful it was written. This kind of style feels so lacking in most books. It was a breath of fresh air to read this and see the beauty of his descriptions and the MCs thought process.

The plot sometimes felt lacking, but toward the end it picked up more. I thought the way he ended it was brilliant and well thought out. It's always cool to see an author who has really mapped out and planned his novel. Unless it was done by chance. In which case I'm even more impressed.

I would definitely recommend this book. It's a great read and the ending is fantastic.
on January 10, 2013
This is the type of book that you can read again and again and gain more from it upon each reading. It is also the type of book to make you sit down and consider your life, the ones you love, etc. It was truly a beautiful piece of work that I will recommend any chance I get.
on December 6, 2012
Intentional Dissonance is a metaphor. A metaphor for what, I have no idea. I believe that's up to you. Intentional Dissonance is like a magical puzzle piece that can be plugged into and transform any part of the puzzle, the wild card in a game of Uno. What you bring to the table determines what you'll walk away with. We're all falling, how do you want it to go down?