Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: InterDesign Axis Over the Cabinet Wastebasket Trash Can or Storage Basket for Kitchen - Chrome
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 28, 2014
Works great for my needs! Only problem is when put on the door, can't close the door all the way. But it came with two ball rings, so hooked it that way on some command hooks and works great! Also, if you don't have enough cabinet space to push everything back, it won't work. I took pics, to show you what I mean on how I had to modify it and make room, under my kitchen cabinet.
review image review image review image
on April 9, 2010
This is a great product for hiding away trash, saving space, and reusing plastic shopping bags, all without the hassle of installation. It looks pretty stylish too! However, things in the trash bag get caught on the metal rungs very easily, so it can be tricky to remove a full bag without pulling the entire basket out of the cabinet with it.
0Comment|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2015
I looked everywhere for a solution for my Tupperware lids, and this is what I came up with. It holds lots of lids (except for my huge lids), and it's been really great not having to dig through all my Tupperware just to find lids. I do wish it were a bit wider, but it really is great. It's very well made and sturdy. Check out my picture to see it in action.
review image
on May 12, 2011
Horrible design. The slats in the basin make it extremely difficult to remove a full bag, as things get stuck in-between them and catch. A solid basin design would be perfect though.
33 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2010
I purchased this as a gift for a family member.

I knew it would go well in their galley. Their travel trailer has chrome in fixtures in this area and a single door under the double sink area so I was confident the waste basket would mount without any problem.

I could feel some reluctance on the receivers part when presented. The prep for a family pot luck erased any and all doubt. After the recipient finished preparing vegetables, etc and could just drop the remnants directly in the can she came and told me thank you again with a big smile this time. She really found her meal prep went faster and easier with the trash can mounted on the cabinet door below the sinks. A big plus for rvs where space is limited.

I am happy that this gift was something she really enjoys.

UPDATE:

If the liner slides down into the waste basket as it tends to do on my Bamboo Over the Cabinet Waste Basket the remedy is the same. Place a Assorted Color Goody Stayput Headbands + Bonus ~ 4 Pcs (09353) around the top edge of the waste basket over the trash bag and it will resolve the issue.
22 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2011
I've been (re)using plastic grocery bags, usually doubled, for trash bags for a lot of years but have never found a suitable container to hold them. This is the only product I could find that appeared to be adequate size and shape for use as a form to hold those types of plastic bags. It is a little deeper(taller) than I thought it would be but that is a good thing as there is room at the bottom to hold a bag full of plastic grocery bags. So it is currently working better than expected.
[ Note: One could use paper bags but they would not fit properly in this basket as it is too small for the typical paper grocery bags and a bit too big for the smaller paper bags. ]

The picture here is misleading. The hook size opening is ~ 3/4" which is too large for any normal cabinet door - better too big than too small.
The hook is padded but since the basket will lean the best the padding will do is protect the front top of the cabinet door and the bottom edge of the basket will rub against the door - no padding there. Probably not a good idea to hang it on the outside of the door ...

There are small wire loops, not pictured or mentioned, to allow hanging the basket without using the hooks. Mine actually came with the hooks bent enuf so the loops could be used.

It seems sturdy -not flimsy wire- but only time will tell if the spot welds will hold.

I think it is overpriced -should be ~ 10 bucks- but all such products seem to be about the same price so the seller did OK. I would buy more for bath, etc. but not at this price.
on October 10, 2010
This would be perfect if they just added about $3 to their manufacturing costs.
1. Mine arrived with the hanging bracket broken off. It's only held on by a very tiny spot-weld, just waiting to break.
2. In the picture, it looks like there is a plastic wastebasket inside the wire cage. There isn't. What's in the photo is a plastic bag. The problem with that is that plastic bags leak. If you use it for food garbage, you sometimes get yukiness wherever it hangs.
3. There is no cushioning for the bottom of the basket that hangs against the door. Therefore, you get scratches.
I would gladly pay a little more for a more sensible design.
33 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2010
I use this on the door near my sink. When I'm not working in the kitchen, it hangs on the inside of the door. When I'm preparing food, I put it on the outside. It's very handy! In the past, I just hung a shopping bag from the door handle. That was not nearly as convenient. This works great!
on August 12, 2015
This basket is pretty large. It doesn't fit on the door under my bathroom cabinet. I tried it in my kitchen, and it butts against the sink under the counter. Be sure to measure carefully before purchasing.
review image
on July 1, 2009
One of the most useful products I've purchased online! I don't have enough space in my kitchen for a regular trash can and didn't want to keep a can under the sink that you have to pull out to throw the trash in - inevitably some trash always landed in the shelf.
This was the perfect size to fit under the sink (with the waste disposal occupying a lot of space) and still be able to close the cabinet door. I made a makeshift cover (to keep the odors in) with a piece of cardboard wrapped in sticky shelf-liner, and it works purrrrfectly!!