5.0 out of 5 stars effective and adorable
You just use scissors to remove some of the pebbles whereever your sink drain is. The mat is thicker than the typical mat and looks great in the sink. It has not stained from carrot pulp from my juicer and has withstood boiling water from cooking beets without warping.
Published on July 13, 2007 by Opalmc

1.0 out of 5 stars Stunned...
Published on September 27, 2012 by Nanners

5.0 out of 5 stars effective and adorable, July 13, 2007
Opalmc (Show Low, AZ) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These, January 27, 2011
I bought these to replace the identical item that I've had for three years in an opaque color. The main reason I have these is for the accidental dropping of glassware. They really do a great job of cushioning should this happen. People do complain about the mats staining and I will agree with that in the case of the opaque mats. Consequently, I decided to replace those with the new graphite-colored mats. So far, so good--I'm thinking that they will not stain nearly as much. Definitely a good purchase and they fit perfectly in each side of our double sink. If they save one wine glass, they've already paid for themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, May 10, 2012
This review is from: InterDesign Pebblz Sink Regular Sink Mat, Amber (Misc.)
It's a tad on the smaller side, I wish it waas wider a couple of more inches to fit my entire sink. IT looks nice, everyone tells me how cute it is, protects my sink from scratches.
I didn't bother cutting a big hole in the middle for the drain, I just snipped the edges of some of the "stones" where they connect to where I could move them and stick my hand through it... Doing so, It's kept on the side where the garbage disposale is, and it blocks things from falling in there- like Baby bottle nipples, medicine syringes, kids utensils ect.
Would recommend. I haven't noticed any smell from it, btw.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stunned..., September 27, 2012
Nanners "Nanners" (New Haven County, CT USA) - See all my reviews
I posted a review of of this mat here: Interdesign 60663 Pebblz Sink Mat, and if you notice the other reviews on that particular post of this mat, you'll notice almost ALL of them are negative, with similar experiences. I stumbled across this different posting of this mat here, and I was frankly SHOCKED to see all the positive reviews. There were MANY things to not like about this mat, but probably THE most off-putting thing was the intense chemical smell. Absolutely NOTHING got rid of it. Because this mat lays flat on the sink surface, food particles and other debris would easily get caught in between the pebbles, so I would throw it in the dishwasher often...but the smell would fill the whole dishwasher each time I washed it...and I probably washed it more than a dozen times. And yes, it stained horribly. Did no one here experience the same??? This product was one of the WORST purchases I've ever made. Did they suddenly change their product or something??

3.0 out of 5 stars No spacers, November 23, 2011
This attractive sink mat does not have any spacers on one side to allow the water to drain from underneath the mat. It would be much better with spacers or pegs of some sort to keep it elevated from the sink bottom.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pebble mat, September 24, 2007
Nancy W "nancy w" (Telford, Pa. United States) - See all my reviews
Pebble Sink Mat - Large - Graphite - (Graphite)

This stinks, it stained from spaghetti sauce. I have scrubbed with cleanser and bleach and boiling water, nothing works. I would not buy this again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing all around, November 16, 2010
Nanners "Nanners" (New Haven County, CT USA) - See all my reviews
Mine stained without even making direct contact with any tomato-y dishes! Because it stunk so badly and also because coffee grounds and other debris kept getting stuck in the pebbles, I put it in the dishwasher often. On one particular ride in the dishwasher, the mat sat in the top rack, while in the bottom rack, I had a lasagna pan. When the load was done, my mat came out stained orange! How on earth does that happen?? Nothing else in the dishwasher turned out that way...not my Tupperware or plastic lids--only the mat.

To me, though, that's the least of the unfortunate disappointments about this mat. The chemical smell (that hasn't gone away even after a dozen rides in the dishwasher, and each time, the entire dishwasher reeks of that mat!) and the fact that it's very difficult to keep the sink clean because this mat lays flat and traps EVERYTHING in between the pebbles and underneath, are the biggest reasons to NOT buy this product. This mat spends more time in my dishwasher than it does in my sink, and its purpose isn't to make your sink look cute and gain you comments from guests--it's supposed to protect your sink and dishes and help keep cleanup to minimum...and it does NONE of these things. DON'T BUY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pebble mat, January 7, 2009
Finally 66 (Willington CT USA) - See all my reviews
Loved the color of this mat-matched my granite beautifully and hides the scratches on the stainless sink.

1.0 out of 5 stars these reviews must be written by the company..., August 28, 2011
...because this is the WORST PRODUCT EVER. I juSt renovated my entire kitchen and got the cute pebblz mat to protect my sink from scratches. However, the mat traps water under the plastic and has resulted in rust spots on my BRAND NEW stainless steel sink. 'Nuff said. But here's more. When you put residual food in the sink, it gets stuck in between the "pebblz." You're constantly cleaning this thing out. People who like this must NEVER cook, because it's annoying every time. You cannot leave this in the sink. It will create rust spots and begin to smell as well. Why can't I give it zero stars? Look at my other reviews. I'm supportive when a product deserves it. This thing S.U.C.K.Z!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stains quickly! Discolors sink!, August 12, 2011
Tea Lover (San Pedro, CA) - See all my reviews
Horrible mat! Stains very easily and is permanent. Not even bleach will clean it. Due to the fact that this mat sits directly on the sink with no drainage underneath, it also discolors the sink itself. I threw it out after only 2 weeks. I purchased the OXO Good Grips, which has tuned out to be a great item.

InterDesign Pebblz Sink Regular Sink Mat, Amber